PDA

View Full Version : Dude... wtf. long-ish

pickardracing
06-03-2007, 08:54 PM
So, in February, I sold a set of cobra headlights and a pair of taillights to two seperate guys on the corral.

Guys paid me via paypal and I sent out the goods via USPS (no tracking numbers, apparently you had to pay extra for that unlike UPS/DHL, i assumed it was included, stupid me) the next day.

Dudes both email me like a week later, no stuff. Hm. Send email, tell them to wait a bit longer. Another week goes by, nothing. They email, I email back saying I'd get in contact with the Post Office. Dude at Post office gives me nothing.

More time passes, both guys get nothing in the mail, but neither one in a big hurry. Over a month goes by, they still havent seen hide nor hair of their stuff. Dude that bought the headlights says he sold his car and would rather just get refunded. Now mind you, I sent the stuff out so I was a bit hesitant to send the money right on back so I send him an email saying that I would like to check with the post office before I send the money back. The other guy hasnt sent me anything.

So that Monday, I call the post office, bound and determined to get an answer out of someone over there. I talk to a lady first that gives me the run around and transfers me to some other bonehead who transfers me again... etc. Make a long story shorter, apparently I screwed up the addresses on the two packages and they've been sitting at the post office for over a month. No attempts to return them to me, to contact me, nothing. I chew dude on the phone and gal at the counter a new asshole when I pick them up.

I drive straight to the UPS store where I drop off the taillight package, address corrected and be on my way. Sell the headlights on ebay, at a loss, and refund the first guy all his money back. Problem solved, right?

Apparently not. The guy with the taillights is now claiming, first today mind you, that he has yet again not received anything from me. The last correspondence I have from him was on 4-08. The dude gives me a shit rating on corral and posts up a smear thread saying I stole from him.

WHAT THE ****. What the hell should I do here?

Car Guy
06-03-2007, 09:00 PM
When did you send out the tailgihts, and do you have a tracking number for them...???

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

Reverend Cooper
06-03-2007, 09:02 PM
i would explain the situation online, show his email online and tell him the shit is on the way. if he doesnt want it tell him to send them back and you will refund them when you get them back

xxtremeteam
06-03-2007, 09:09 PM
if you sent them ups goto www.ups.com and track them with the tracking number it will give you time/day of delivery and who signed for them if anyone did

Yooformula
06-03-2007, 09:15 PM
I would post up about what happened and offer to make it right. honesty is best and you did nothing wrong. he shipped via usps(us post office) and they wont track anything without paying extra.

DirtyMax
06-03-2007, 10:59 PM
he shipped via usps(us post office) and they wont track anything without paying extra.

Actually, if I am reading it right, he sent it the second time (to the dude whos calling him out) via UPS...

When you shipped the taillights out UPS, you received a receipt with the tracking number. You can track that on their website. It will sometimes say "left on porch" or some crap like that too but it if the brown truck got it to his porch and it walked from there, that's between him and UPS. He probably thinks you're too naive/lazy to look into this further. Even if you don't have a record anymore, the UPS store will be able to go back to their daily journals and retreive it. I always email the people I'm sending the stuff to their tracking #. Then it's in my "sent" file and there's a paper trail.

Good luck... you should be in the clear.

pickardracing
06-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Well i sure as hell dont have the slip for the track number anymore.

In all reality, its only 85 bucks. I mean, shit does happen... I dunno. Should I offer to split the cost with him, just to get it off my ass? Or should I just not worry about it?

Z28Envy
06-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Did they put your name in their computer? They should also have a copy of your reciept/tracking number. I would go to where you sent it and ask if they keep any info regaurding your package. This way if they do, you can file a lost package claim and they should cover it. Did you get any insurance on the package? A lot of people don't get it put on their packages when they ship something. It usually is pretty cheap. Something like 2-3 per hundred of the claimed value(hope that makes sense). Just like someone said above, all shippers and drivers will put excatly where they placed your package if you are not home. If they show that they delivered it, then I wouldn't pay the guy and tell him it was delivered per the shipping company. Then it's between him and the shipping company. I use to work for Spee Dee delivery and all shipping companies follow the same procedures for the most part. I recommend to ANYONE that sends something to get insurance. I have seen first hand how packages are handled and you really wouldn't want to know how your packages are treated.

xxtremeteam
06-04-2007, 07:10 AM
the ups store sould even be able to look it up by the address as well if you remember the date of the shipment

pickardracing
06-04-2007, 07:37 AM
It was in the beginning of March, somewhere between the 9th and the 13th. I dont remember what day.

I offered the guy a split and he said no. I think I'm getting worked.

Car Guy
06-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Go to UPS and give them all the information you have, they should be able to do something for you. Or you could call them on the phone and get it resolved that way.....

Don't let him d*ck you around, he might have recieved it already....:confused

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

DirtyMax
06-04-2007, 08:27 AM
The UPS store doesn't ship that many packages in a day. They can go back and check those 5 days for you. It takes virtually no time to run a daily shipping report.

pickardracing
06-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Ill give them a call and see. The place i use is a gas station with a UPS drop point.

wikked
06-04-2007, 10:51 AM
UPS stores records of all shipments, regardless of where they originated.

After all that drama, you didn't keep the receipt the 2nd time... ay yi yi.

sdb300zx
06-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Dont use UPS. They are over rated and over priced!! I sent out a package to flordia for $10. I send the same size package to U.K from usps and it was $4. What is wrong with that picture?

flyin_blue_egg
06-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Ill give them a call and see. The place i use is a gas station with a UPS drop point.

well then just, there should be a customer service or some sort of number on the drop box. Call that and they should be able to tell you the location of the place that pick up the packages from the box. Then just do what everyone else has told you to do.

88Nightmare
06-04-2007, 12:27 PM
usps blows. we send everything out from work via UPS. especially for international shipments, it never leaves UPS's hands, whereas with the USPS it changes hands a lot and has more of a potential to be lost, plus with USPS once it leaves the country it cannot be tracked anymore.