PDA

View Full Version : Its getting hot, AC service?

pOrk
06-02-2007, 01:47 AM
Didn't want to whore the other dudes thread. My 4.3 powered ( haha I know ) fullsize chevy has ac, but it is missing the condensor and needs a charge at the least. What am I looking at spending to have something like this repaired ( ball park )

Car Guy
06-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Didn't want to whore the other dudes thread. My 4.3 powered ( haha I know ) fullsize chevy has ac, but it is missing the condensor and needs a charge at the least. What am I looking at spending to have something like this repaired ( ball park )

Sorta hard to say, you'd have to start by installing a condensor and then testing the system to check for leaks. [If you can replace the condensor yourself you'd save quite a bit of $$$ right there.] You just have to go through the process, and there's a good possibility that you could need others parts replaced so once you start be prepared for what lies ahead.....

As far as testing/charging I'm sure there's someone on here that could help you out.....

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

lilws6
06-02-2007, 07:42 PM
a performance check as we call it at tires plus i think runs about $60 give or take thats checking the vehicle for leaks adding die and the system gets charged i don't know what the condenser would cost and there is the possibility theres more that needs replacing.

Reverend Cooper
06-02-2007, 10:34 PM
since it has been open to the atmosphere it will need a reciever drier also, chance of the sytem not have any other major concerns due to that alon (open system) is unlikely, might not happen right away but things may start to fail one by one moisture in a a/c system=owned

pOrk
06-03-2007, 12:29 AM
So what your saying is to leave it? Its a cheap truck so if its going to cost more then a few hundred to get going, I can just deal with it. The tinted windows are not helping keep the truck cool like they said it would, haha.

Reverend Cooper
06-03-2007, 04:26 AM
not saying dont fix it,just be prepared to maybe spend some more cash than just the initial you know it needs