PDA

View Full Version : 1970 Charger, 496 Stroker, 727, Dana 60

Moparjim
05-31-2007, 04:48 PM
Very clean original 1970 Charger 500, 383 automatic. EV2 Hemi Orange with factory black tail stripe and black "440" callout stickers on the hood. I do not have the matching numbers drivetrain I bought it about 12 years ago as a roller. It has very little if any filler in it, has never had a panel replaced, even has the original trunk. The trunk was a little scalely but when I got it painted I chose to keep the original trunk and just had them strip it, treat it with rust converter, and paint it. I had it painted about 7 years ago so it has some wear and tear a few scratches and dings, a few from in my garage even but in general it is a very clean nice looking car. I have slowly but surely never totally finished some of the little details, it still needs things like some of the trim and wipers put in it but I have everything that isn't on it yet, in fact I have probably close to two complete sets of trim. All of the trim and bumpers grille etc are original and what I would call "good" but it definitely isn't a "restored" or "show" car as the stuff is 30 years old. Most everything mechanical is new, I originally had a mild 440 in it but completely redid the drivetrain a few years ago and everything has several hundred miles on it only. I have a jillion dollars of receipts for pretty much everything over the last 12 years, I pretty much spared no expense. Going from memory - It has a Muscle Motors 496 stroker Ross pistons Eagle rods, Eagle crank, billet steel main caps. Indy SR aluminum heads, ported by MM, Comp Cams springs a .660 lift or so roller cam, Comp Cams steel roller adjustable rockers, was about a $10,000 long block. TTI 2" primary step headers for the Indy SR heads. Coan converter around 4000-4500 stall, built 727 with race clutches, 4 pinion planetarys, full manual reverse pattern valve body, all the good stuff, CSI carbon fiber shield, deep aluminum pan. 300HP Fogger nitrous system, brand new Mopar 6 pack carbs with Quickfuel metering blocks, and manifold. Complete Aeromotive fuel system A1000 pump, regulators, all braided line, etc. Brand new 4:10 Dana 60 with aluminum cover/cap brace, 4 wheel Wilwood Disc Brakes, Tri City Competition leaf springs. Centerline Autodrags with M/T ET street DOT tires. Have a complete front end kit for it that I haven't gotten to but about every other moving part is new. Carpet and front seat covers are new, rear is just starting to come apart at a few seams could use a cover, the rest of the interior is in decent 30 year old original shape. I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton. At any rate I would be asking $30K. Its a VERY nice car for that price, runs and drives excellent could use some time put into it to finish it and tweak it here and there as I have had too many other projects to really use the Charger much the last few years. I did take it to the track once with new setup it ran 10.80's at 125 or so I think. Would make a lot more power (motor should make 650 or so HP with a single plane and dominator) with a single Dominator and a single pane intake, or at least some port work on the stock 6 pak intake. I personally liked the six pak cool factor, had it, and it clears the stock hood so I have been running that. Have a ton of pics, theres videos and pics on my site www.milwaukeemopar.com, and a lot people around town have seen the car I'm sure as well. Shoot me an email at jkielma@wi.rr.com if interested!

SNKSKNR
06-02-2007, 09:14 AM
I have a question. Has the car been jumped,driffted,or hit off a country road?
Bump to the top this one clean car for anyone to buy. If I had the room I would take this car in one second.Good luck with the sale.