PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Lt1 long tubes

djbuschke
05-30-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm looking to buy a set of Lt1 Long tubes. I would prefer these to be the race version with no EGR crap, and also come with a Y-pipe.

somewhere in the $300 range if Y-pipe is included.

let me know if you have anything

Beagle
05-30-2007, 08:23 PM
well they wont be new of course. cheapest headers i have seen are pacestter. those run you 285 new and like 150 for the 3inch y pipe.

djbuschke
05-31-2007, 08:09 AM
i wasn't planning on them being new. I buy a lot of my parts used, it's no big deal.
I'll probably take them to U-spray, blast them myself, and then paint them with Flameproof paint

which is how my shortie headers are now, and has worked really well.

Beagle
05-31-2007, 03:58 PM
i found some hooker long tubes with a y pipe for a 150 bucks but i bought them going to pick them up tomorrow. u-spray?? never heard of it wheres that at?? and how much to do it???

djbuschke
05-31-2007, 04:08 PM
let me buy the headers off you and i'll tell you where U-spray is :devil

Beagle
05-31-2007, 04:12 PM
lol i'll find out where it is lol. i cant pass this deal up.

djbuschke
05-31-2007, 04:22 PM
heh.. actually i'd have to loook it up in the yellow pages myself. I wanted to say it's in tosa area or something. can't remember for sure. they charge you per minute. not too bad. i haven't been there for about 2 years. the year i went there a lot though when i was restoring my car, i think i spent total in the 6 or so visits, probably nearly $200.. adds up in a hurry

i blasted a lot of stuff, but my shorties, i then coated with VHT flameproof paint following the directions on the bottle very well (you have to bake them in three stages at three different temps in order to cure the paint). the headers have been on my car for about 2 years and have only a small amount of rust on them, between the tubes (near the flange and the collector) where i couldn't coat too well with the paint. but other than that they still look really well. no discoloring or anything. i would recommend that paint to anyone! At only $10/can it sure beats ceramic coating!