PDA

View Full Version : Smokers!

300pny
05-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Cruising home today Chick next to me tosses her Cigarette butt out the window and it hits my window. Glad the window was up.

Why the heck do so many smokers think its OK to toss there garbage out the window?

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Have that problem on my bikes alot....cigs and other trash... This is where ball bearings and golf balls come in handy... :thumbsup

Car Guy
05-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Cruising home today Chick next to me tosses her Cigarette butt out the window and it hits my window. Glad the window was up.

Why the hell do so many smokers think its OK to toss there garbage out the window?

Thank you for starting this topic, I have been trying to figure that out for years...!!! To me it's no different than tossing a bag of fast food garbage out the window, or leaving it next to your car after you drive away.....:fire

There aren't many things in life that bother me to the point of wanting to kick the sh*t out of someone, but I feel it's extremely disrespectful to the world that you (and I) live in to do so.....:fire

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

hrsp
05-29-2007, 04:38 PM
yeah it sucks.....

300pny
05-29-2007, 04:40 PM
I did an iron butt http://www.ironbutt.com/about/default.cfm a couple years back and counted how may people on the trip I saw toss a butt and it was over 100. Of course we road from Kenosha to Souix falls SD and back on a Saturday but thats still a lot.

2kgtp
05-29-2007, 04:51 PM

Why the heck do so many smokers think its OK to toss there garbage out the window?

I had someone do that to me. Their cig went through my sunroof into my back seat. I was pissed off. Fortunently it was not still lit! I got up next to him and was like what the hell. He just ignored me.

Deggy
05-29-2007, 04:53 PM
if your gonna flick your cig out the window...at least make sure its going towards the ground....if anything, just put it in your cars ashtray...

i don't understand smokers sometimes.

carkid0101
05-29-2007, 05:41 PM
haha well i always flick mine to the ground atleast, im real cautious of hitting other cars with mine because i wouldnt want it done to me. I think it is illegal to toss them out the window though my buddy got pulled over for it, there bio-degradable though so not bad for the enviroment

88Nightmare
05-29-2007, 05:42 PM
I can see this thread not having a happy ending.....

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 05:51 PM
See we wouldnt have this problem if the effects of smoking just worked a little faster. I mean your intentionall killing yourself anyways, mabey all smokers should just drop over dead and make life better for everyone else. Would actually make alot of things much better. No leaving the bar smelling like a ash tray, no assbags leaving butts all over the place, No throwing butts out there windows!!!! I can only hope for the day that wisconsin adopts the only law california has that I love. NO SMOKING IN PUBLIC PLACES!

Nix
05-29-2007, 05:52 PM
I think it is illegal to toss them out the window though /// there bio-degradable though so not bad for the enviroment

what what what?? Are you serious?:rolf:punch:

Nix
05-29-2007, 05:56 PM
With all this being said and I was a smoker for many years, please dont think that people smoke just to make your life a living hell more than it already must be. All Iam reading is a bunch of crying about smokers do this and smokers do that and smokers should all just drop over dead. How old are you seriously?

Why would you even say something like that? I could understand it is someone had committed a crime such as murdering someone and I could agree with you saying they should just give them the chair and burn in hell for their crimes, but we are talking about a person that chooses to smoke legally where they can. Unreal man...

hrsp
05-29-2007, 05:59 PM
also carring around some d batts will help as well...hahahahaha or old 20 ounces bottles filled with piss..oh not eveyone has them but still.....

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 06:13 PM
With all this being said and I was a smoker for many years, please dont think that people smoke just to make your life a living hell more than it already must be. All Iam reading is a bunch of crying about smokers do this and smokers do that and smokers should all just drop over dead. How old are you seriously?

Why would you even say something like that? I could understand it is someone had committed a crime such as murdering someone and I could agree with you saying they should just give them the chair and burn in hell for their crimes, but we are talking about a person that chooses to smoke legally where they can. Unreal man...

You want real, here is real. By smoking your are CHOOSING to shorten your life and increase your chance of cancer as well as TONS of other health problems that can and will kill you. In my eyes you might as well do everyone else a favor and jump off a cliff so your familes dont have to deal with there loved one dying of a horrible and painful death such as lung cancer. Do I wish smokers death, NO....they should strong reconsider the life threatening habbit they have chosen and do somthing about it. Plus, it is a very large nusance to non smokers. I have stopped going to bars because of it, it is nasty going home and smelling like a ash tray.

300pny
05-29-2007, 06:30 PM
haha well i always flick mine to the ground atleast, im real cautious of hitting other cars with mine because i wouldnt want it done to me. I think it is illegal to toss them out the window though my buddy got pulled over for it, there bio-degradable though so not bad for the enviroment

Anythings bio degratable at some point. Im sure the list of biodegradabel trash is long I don't care to have any of the garbage tossed on the streets.

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Anythings bio degratable at some point. Im sure the list of biodegradabel trash is long I don't care to have any of the garbage tossed on the streets.

Or in the lake for that matter, There is so much trash in lake michigan its rediculous. Why to people find it necessary to throw there cans overboard?

GRM-REPR
05-29-2007, 06:39 PM
You want real, here is real. By smoking your are CHOOSING to shorten your life and increase your chance of cancer as well as TONS of other health problems that can and will kill you. In my eyes you might as well do everyone else a favor and jump off a cliff so your familes dont have to deal with there loved one dying of a horrible and painful death such as lung cancer. Do I wish smokers death, NO....they should strong reconsider the life threatening habbit they have chosen and do somthing about it. Plus, it is a very large nusance to non smokers. I have stopped going to bars because of it, it is nasty going home and smelling like a ash tray.

This is just another pet-peeve, and I agree with my brother. I hate it when a grit gets tossed and hits the windshield or goes into the car from some moron tossing it, but to make a remark about smokers needing to die?:rolleyes:.

Littering seems to be a hobby for people. I'm much more disgusted at the assholes who change their kids diapers, and throw it under the soccer van. THAT, my friend, fires me up more:fire

Knyghtmare
05-29-2007, 06:52 PM
You want real, here is real. By smoking your are CHOOSING to shorten your life and increase your chance of cancer as well as TONS of other health problems that can and will kill you.

But smokers look SO cool. :cool:

300pny
05-29-2007, 06:57 PM
This is just another pet-peeve, and I agree with my brother. I hate it when a grit gets tossed and hits the windshield or goes into the car from some moron tossing it, but to make a remark about smokers needing to die?:rolleyes:.

Littering seems to be a hobby for people. I'm much more disgusted at the assholes who change their kids diapers, and throw it under the soccer van. THAT, my friend, fires me up more:fire

Just seem to see more Cig butts out there than any other piece of trash tossed on the road or lake. don't want anyone to die just when ya have trash use your ash tray or field strip the damn thing and toss away later

portponies
05-29-2007, 07:01 PM
"To a smoker, the world is an ashtray."

Someone told me that years ago, and it's amazing how true it is. Whenever I get any smokers stopping by, they always flick the butt's in the street.

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 07:02 PM
"To a smoker, the world is an ashtray."

Someone told me that years ago, and it's amazing how true it is. Whenever I get any smokers stopping by, they always flick the butt's in the street.

I like that, that is so true......

Beagle
05-29-2007, 07:42 PM
i usually put it out before i flick it out. but i hear where your coming from.

Waver
05-29-2007, 08:21 PM
o.k. ASHTRAY my car dosnt have an ashtray for starters....I am also considerate of where I pitch my buts...down towards the ground.....

Now as far as the health risks, yeah I know, however there have been people who have lived to be 100 and smoked....It is my choice, it is not to be cool, it is not because of how I look doing it.....I do it because I want to....also if you dont want people pitching their buts into the street when they are at your house, how about you offer them an ashtry, because I am sure as hell positive that you would rather have them pitch them in the street than on your lawn....

I am going to smoke in my car, if a bar or restaraunt allows smoking I am going to smoke in there, I will not be told that I cant do somthing that is legal where I want....I am not a criminal and I dont need to be treated like one

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 08:23 PM
...I am also considerate of where I pitch my buts...down towards the ground........I am not a criminal and I dont need to be treated like one

This contradicts itself, You say you are not a criminal but you still pitch your butts out the window. This is littering, and is illegal, hence CRIMINAL.

Beagle
05-29-2007, 08:24 PM
go ninja go ninja go. ninja, ninja, rap...... sorry i had that song from the second turtles movie in my head.....

300pny
05-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Why toss them out the window at all? Its pretty simple, not sure why your garbage has to be tossed on the streets. I know tossing garbage out is illigal. I could care less if you smoke just don't feel I need to see the crap on the road or lake. I am not a smoker but do support individual owners to make there own deceision and don't want a smoker ban. If you own the palce you should have the right to say smoking or not. I avoid smoke filled restraunts as you may frequent smoke filled places more often. The questions still remains can't ya not litter and just toss your garbage elseware? Why not?

Beagle
05-29-2007, 08:26 PM
This contradicts itself, You say you are not a criminal but you still pitch your butts out the window. This is littering, and is illegal, hence CRIMINAL.

neuwaves a smooth criminal just like his hero.....

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 08:27 PM
The questions still remains can't ya not litter and just toss your garbage elseware? Why not?

Sheer lazyness is the answer to this questions.....

Beagle
05-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Why toss them out the window at all? Its pretty simple, not sure why your garbage has to be tossed on the streets. I know tossing garbage out is illigal. I could care less if you smoke just don't feel I need to see the crap on the road or lake. I am not a smoker but do support individual owners to make there own deceision and don't want a smoker ban. If you own the palce you should have the right to say smoking or not. I avoid smoke filled restraunts as you may frequent smoke filled places more often. The questions still remains can't ya not litter and just toss your garbage elseware? Why not?

everyone liters and in different ways. can you honestly say you havent??? as long as were on the topic i could say that your car is not emission legal and its your fault the ozone layer is depleting.

300pny
05-29-2007, 08:31 PM
everyone liters and in different ways. can you honestly say you havent??? as long as were on the topic i could say that your car is not emission legal and its your fault the ozone layer is depleting.

My car is emmision legal 100 percent! no I don't litter accually when I use to live on a lake my wife and I would cruise in the evening around the lake and we would pick up other peoples trash. 99 percent cig butts

Waver
05-29-2007, 08:32 PM

give me a break, I am not going to get pulled over for pitching a butt out the window....I am not going to go to jail for it, and I am not committing a federal crime....I dont have any place else to put it, and I would probably stop smpokingin the car if people would quit driving for shit.

Beagle
i was using the emission thing as example i should have clarified that. so you have never litered at all in your life?? i find that hard to believe we are all guilty of litering.

Breecher_7

This is crossing a fine line here. We all litter, to say we dont is a lie. But to habitually do it, over and over and over again, is not needed and can be prevented by simply keeping a garbage bag in your car. I am no saint, I am guilty of littering myself but I do not do it on a daily basis, I do not do it on purpose. Im not the asshole on the lake that throws his beer cans overboard, or the coffee cup out the window, or the butt on the street. Its the fact that it is repetitivly done on a daily basis with the mental mind set that it is ok.

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 08:34 PM
give me a break, I am not going to get pulled over for pitching a butt out the window....I am not going to go to jail for it, and I am not committing a federal crime....I dont have any place else to put it, and I would probably stop smpokingin the car if people would quit driving for shit.

Ever hear of a small garbage bag? Last time I checked fox body mustangs have a ashtray in the center consel.....

Firefighter Z
05-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Had that happen to me...
Me and my bro were riding up north and some kids threw a cig into my car which landed on my bro. So he ended up throwing his cig back with a can of open soda through the window. Let just say he cleaned my car out pretty good.

300pny
05-29-2007, 08:35 PM
i was using the emission thing as example i should have clarified that. so you have never litered at all in your life?? i find that hard to believe we are all guilty of litering.

Nope not knowingly anyway. Definately not habitual like most smokers!!! Thats the point most just find it ok

Beagle
05-29-2007, 08:35 PM
i agree with you.

Waver
05-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Ever hear of a small garbage bag? Last time I checked fox body mustangs have a ashtray in the center consel.....

not mine.....there is a switch there instead, and it was like that since I bought the car.....it would be nice to have if it were to rain...small garbage bag....so I can have a small fire....um next....

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 08:38 PM
not mine.....there is a switch there instead, and it was like that since I bought the car.....it would be nice to have if it were to rain...small garbage bag....so I can have a small fire....um next....

I see these guys constantly trash on you around here, im starting to understand why. You have no common sense. If you put the butt out.....it wont burn.....end of story. Just hope to god im never behind you on one of my bikes when you throw a butt out the window. Your to ignorant for your own good.

Beagle
05-29-2007, 08:41 PM

you should be worried about a large fire with all that oil your leaking.

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 08:43 PM

Probably be an improvment! :thumbsup

fireguyrick
05-29-2007, 08:44 PM
I know a biker that cares 1/2 inch washers for these cases. I also know they have thrown them backwards after passing a car that did this. They are nuts, and most likely are going to get hurt doing this. But, they were tired of getting hit in the face with butts. They actually were unlucky enough to have one land their full face helmet with the face shield up.

Rick

Beagle
05-29-2007, 08:44 PM
well all that ice in the car keeps it under control...

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 08:46 PM
I know a biker that cares 1/2 inch washers for these cases. I also know they have thrown them backwards after passing a car that did this. They are nuts, and most likely are going to get hurt doing this. But, they were tired of getting hit in the face with butts. They actually were unlucky enough to have one land their full face helmet with the face shield up.

Rick

I know alot more then 1 person that does this, including myself. I obey the laws on my bikes, I keep the nonsense on the track. If drivers dont want to respect bikers, Ill teach them to. I dont hide in peoples blind spots, I dont tailgate people.......its not that hard to watch your mirrors...

Waver
05-29-2007, 08:49 PM
I see these guys constantly trash on you around here, im starting to understand why. You have no common sense. If you put the butt out.....it wont burn.....end of story. Just hope to god im never behind you on one of my bikes when you throw a butt out the window. Your to ignorant for your own good.

Hate to tell you this, but I am not ignorant...When there is someone on a bike I do not pitch it untill they are clear of me.....even puting the butt out, arnt you littering? like I said, if I had an ashtray I would use it, however I dont so I cant....

now the smokers vs non smokers bullshit is just that bullshit, every one does somthing that bothers someone, and no one is perfect, If people would be considerate of others, and drop the cigs belowe the airflow that would put a butt into someones car, or wait till the car is passed them, or wait till bikers are past them, like i do, then we wouldnt have this conversation, because the butt would of never hit dudes car.

300pny
05-29-2007, 08:50 PM
I had one go up my pants leg and burn me. Not fun and it was a butt thrown at the GROUND

Waver
05-29-2007, 08:52 PM

um it is not that much, not worried at at all

Beagle
i guess im on the south side smokers now.

300pny
Why most smokers find it ok to toss the butt and not throw away with other trash is still the question. I think Breech had it right as to the reason.

Waver
I had one go up my pants leg and burn me. Not fun and it was a butt thrown at the GROUND

like I said, I wait till bikers are past me before I pitch a cig.

Beagle
05-29-2007, 08:53 PM
um it is not that much, not worried at at all

enough to smoke out of your hood while your sitting at a light.

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=Neuwave;281581]Hate to tell you this, but I am not ignorant...When there is someone on a bike I do not pitch it untill they are clear of me.....even puting the butt out, arnt you littering? like I said, if I had an ashtray I would use it, however I dont so I cant....

QUOTE]

And this switch does what? Last time I checked you dont have a nitrous system so what do you have an aux switch for? Cant be SIMPLY relocated? That is the crappiest exscuse ive ever heard. Its just called being lazy......

300pny
05-29-2007, 08:54 PM
like I said, I wait till bikers are past me before I pitch a cig.
Still tossing garbage on the roads for no good reason. Cars toss up stones how hard to toss the butt up

Breecher_7

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

300pny
[QUOTE=Neuwave;281581]Hate to tell you this, but I am not ignorant...When there is someone on a bike I do not pitch it untill they are clear of me.....even puting the butt out, arnt you littering? like I said, if I had an ashtray I would use it, however I dont so I cant....

QUOTE]

And this switch does what? Last time I checked you dont have a nitrous system so what do you have an aux switch for? Cant be SIMPLY relocated? That is the crappiest exscuse ive ever heard. Its just called being lazy......

X2 and LSHIPMP

Waver
05-29-2007, 08:55 PM

what there is never any smoke coming from my hood, what shit are you on, stfu

Beagle
05-29-2007, 08:57 PM
yea there is ask the queen she saw it too. seriously...

Waver
05-29-2007, 09:02 PM

QUOTE]

It is for the amps, it acts as a kill switch....and I am not going to drill into the interior. Now as far as a car kicking up a cig butt.....I doubt it would be high enough to hit someone in the face....like I said, just deal with it. It has nothing to do with ignorance or lazyness...Right now what we have here is one side refusing to see it from someone elses side, and that is the biggest thing with the smoker/nonsmoker debate.....

Beagle
05-29-2007, 09:04 PM
its not like there flicking it at people on bikes on purpose. they could throw it down and the wind could take it.

Waver
05-29-2007, 09:05 PM
yea there is ask the queen she saw it too. seriously...
Well since I was behind the drivers seat of my car, and can see smoke well enough coming from my hood, I think I would know.....I think you are full of it...that is somthing that I think I would notice....besides, if the rear main is leaking why would the underhood be smoking, it would be the exhaust smoking......there is no leaks under the hood

300pny
05-29-2007, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=Breecher_7;281591]

It is for the amps, it acts as a kill switch....and I am not going to drill into the interior. Now as far as a car kicking up a cig butt.....I doubt it would be high enough to hit someone in the face....like I said, just deal with it. It has nothing to do with ignorance or lazyness...Right now what we have here is one side refusing to see it from someone elses side, and that is the biggest thing with the smoker/nonsmoker debate.....

Hopefully everyone dosnt have that atttude we would have alot more crap on the street. "I dont ahve a trash can in my car so Ill throw it out the window" Thats just ignorant. Its not smoker to non smoker its dirty throw garbage out and people who dont habitually litter and who are clean

Beagle
05-29-2007, 09:06 PM
you can see it lingering by your head lights

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=Breecher_7;281591]

It is for the amps, it acts as a kill switch.........

So because you or the person that installed your stereo had no clue how to install the system without a "kill" switch other people have to deal with your lazyness? Your deck has a wire that can turn your amp/amps on....I believe it should be blue. It acts just a relay.....pushes 12V to the amp so the circuit closes and it turns on, its not rocket science. Looks like we can remedy that, no more exscuses......

hrsp
05-29-2007, 09:08 PM
smokers suck.....especially when they stand in front of a gas station door and smoke and i gotta walk thru the shit...annoys the fukk out of me...if you wanna smoke fine but do it asway from others so your NOT KILLING THEM....other annoying things people do dont cause harm to someones health.....

i have enough friends who smoke and they know they suck!!!!lol

Waver
05-29-2007, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=Neuwave;281603]

Hopefully everyone dosnt have that atttude we would have alot more crap on the street. "I dont ahve a trash can in my car so Ill throw it out the window" Thats just ignorant. Its not smoker to non smoker its dirty throw garbage out and people who dont habitually litter and who are clean

I think you are blowingit out of proportion, I only pitch cigs out the window, not mcdonalds bags and used diapers....all smokers do it, so all smokers must be dirty....o.k. then....

Sounds to me like you want to outlaw smoking all together, as this isnt the first thread about how we should ban all smokers blah blah that you started....dosnt your name title say freedom first??????

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 09:10 PM
smokers suck.....especially when they stand in front of a gas station door and smoke and i gotta walk thru the shit...annoys the fukk out of me...if you wanna smoke fine but do it asway from others so your NOT KILLING THEM....other annoying things people do dont cause harm to someones health.....

Yeah, thats basically what I was thinking........

hrsp
05-29-2007, 09:10 PM
also hate when i see a huge dump of butts in a parking lot....like they take there ash tray that they are using AND DUMP THE SHIT RIGHT THERE ON THE ROAD>>>WTF is that,,,fukking pigs

Beagle
05-29-2007, 09:11 PM
this is getting out of hand. im leaving now.

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=300pny;281608]

I think you are blowingit out of proportion, I only pitch cigs out the window, not mcdonalds bags and used diapers....all smokers do it, so all smokers must be dirty....o.k. then....

Sounds to me like you want to outlaw smoking all together, as this isnt the first thread about how we should ban all smokers blah blah that you started....dosnt your name title say freedom first??????

Banning smoking in public places would be nice. But that is not the point were trying to get across. You are pretty dense if you think that is what this is about. We are trying to figure out WHY smokers think it is ok to HABITUALLY throw there butts out the window like its ok.

Waver

out doors they are really not killing anyone, well no more than your cars exhaust is. you would have a better point if you said that there is more harm indoors....Now smoking at a gas station is wrong, so what I do is go far away from the pumps if I am smoking when I pull in to get gas

300pny
[QUOTE=300pny;281608]

Yes it does if you read the post about buisness and smoking earlier you would see that. I also should have the freedom not to have Cig butts all over and have to look at and deal with the trash. Its illigal no matter how you look at it or try and validate your crime. So if someone only tosses particular garbage out the window its ok? WHat kind of argument is that????

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 09:14 PM
That about sums it up.....

hrsp
05-29-2007, 09:16 PM
i just said its annoying as fukk to have to walk past stinky ass people blowing smoke on me....

and 90% of smokers started to "BE COOL"HAhahahahahahahah
now there stuck with a sick and disgusting habit that they CANT QUIT....

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 09:17 PM
now there stuck with a sick and disgusting habit that they CANT QUIT....

Dont want to or are to lazy to quit......get it right.....

hrsp
05-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Dont want to or are to lazy to quit......get it right.....

:rolf:rolf:rolf

88Nightmare
05-29-2007, 09:19 PM
ya know what

I dont smoke. I dont like cigarette smoke. I dont like the smell of it at all, im partially allergic to it. I get into a room with smokers and my nose just closes up shop. not much I can do about it. if they wanna be addicted to it, so be it. I like to dip. is it bad for me? maybe. is it gross? maybe. But I can do it without being detected. Its someones choice to smoke. Some people just need to be considerate about where their grits end up. Theres people out there that dont give a **** where their butt goes, those are the ones who should be shot in the foot. If you are gonna have a bad habit, at least be considerate of others about it....

300pny
05-29-2007, 09:21 PM
:rolf:rolf:rolf

what happen you use to be a D1ck...??? Now not as much... :rolf:rolf:rolf

Breecher_7
05-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Wow Mike, a post I agree with and one thats not a half cocked rant!

hrsp
05-29-2007, 09:23 PM
just so im clear....

if you wanna smoke thats fine everyone has bad habbits...

its when you take that bad habbit and make it affect others...

like throwing cigs out the window when they can easily hit someones car or hit someone on a bike in the face(possibly)

theres no "GOOD" reason for doing it....its your habbit keep the byproducts of your habit in YOUR CAR()()()())()()())()()

hrsp
05-29-2007, 09:25 PM
what happen you use to be a D1ck...??? Now not as much... :rolf:rolf:rolf

me? huh?

300pny
05-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Northside VS Southside has nothing on Smokers VS Non-smokers

Waver
05-29-2007, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=Neuwave;281613]

Banning smoking in public places would be nice. But that is not the point were trying to get across. You are pretty dense if you think that is what this is about. We are trying to figure out WHY smokers think it is ok to HABITUALLY throw there butts out the window like its ok.

There are a few reasons why people do it....one they dont have ashtrays in their cars, as a lot of new cars dont come with them. Also it is a bit of a convienence thing, you are ashing out the window, so it is natural to pitch it out the window, now I am not sayin that that is a good reason, however that is still a reason. Another thing is it is also a bit of a safty thing...instead of looking down and taking your eyes off the road to get the butt into the ashtray or a bag I would personally rather keep my eyes on the road and drop it out the car...I hang my arm/hand down and flick it downward, so that it hits the ground. It is not like I raise my hand up in the air and try to launch it and see how far it goes. Cigs do biodegrade....if you dont believe me look at it like this....What is a cig but actually, paper and cotton. It is not a plastic or a metal, it is two natural components. Now if there is a whole shit load of them there then that is bad, however that is why we have street sweepers and cleaning crews (and chain gangs), to clean it up....I can see it from your point of view, and I cannot expect you to see it from a smokers point of view because it seems to me like you have never smoked a day in your life....good for you by the way. Now if you want to debate this further, please dont go about calling me names or trying to insult my intelligence because I dont agree with you..that is not the way to get a point across

hrsp
05-29-2007, 09:36 PM
not buying it sorry bud...

if "safety" is a concern...dont smoke and drive....

Nix
05-29-2007, 09:38 PM
There is a large group of people that need to clean the sand out of their vagina asap.

Bottom line is if you dont like or cant stand smokers then stay away from them and avoid areas where you know there will be smokers. Now if you cant do that then you sir have manuer for brains.

As for the flicking of butts outs the window, do I agree with it no. Did I do it when I use to be a smoker, damn fuking right I did and I did it every time. The only time I would use my ashtray in all my years of smoking is when there was a cop behind me and I didnt want to get a ticket. Lazyness or not I did it all the time and I had an ashtray. I just didnt want my car to smell as bad as it would if I were to use the ashtray and Im lazy so throwing them out the window solved my problem.

Also as far as Im concerned its not nice to say you wish all smokers would just die. What kind of a statment is that? Seriously grow up people...:rolleyes:

Sad sad sad:(

300pny
05-29-2007, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=Breecher_7;281619]

There are a few reasons why people do it....one they dont have ashtrays in their cars, as a lot of new cars dont come with them. Also it is a bit of a convienence thing, you are ashing out the window, so it is natural to pitch it out the window, now I am not sayin that that is a good reason, however that is still a reason. Another thing is it is also a bit of a safty thing...instead of looking down and taking your eyes off the road to get the butt into the ashtray or a bag I would personally rather keep my eyes on the road and drop it out the car...I hang my arm/hand down and flick it downward, so that it hits the ground. It is not like I raise my hand up in the air and try to launch it and see how far it goes. Cigs do biodegrade....if you dont believe me look at it like this....What is a cig but actually, paper and cotton. It is not a plastic or a metal, it is two natural components. Now if there is a whole shit load of them there then that is bad, however that is why we have street sweepers and cleaning crews (and chain gangs), to clean it up....I can see it from your point of view, and I cannot expect you to see it from a smokers point of view because it seems to me like you have never smoked a day in your life....good for you by the way. Now if you want to debate this further, please dont go about calling me names or trying to insult my intelligence because I dont agree with you..that is not the way to get a point across

Well I use to smoke so that argument is out the window. Second many things are bio-degradable. Cups, paper, dog sh1t whatever. thats not the point. Humans are Bio degradable but when we die we get buried and disposed of properly, not tossed out the window. If everyone had the attitude of "Oh garbage I better toss out the window cause I am so uncoordinated I cannot find a bag or the floor of my car to toss my garbage" That uncoordinated how the heck do you race anyone? You hve yet to come close to ansering the questions. Why can't you throw your garbage away properly??!!

Waver
05-29-2007, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=Neuwave;281603]

So because you or the person that installed your stereo had no clue how to install the system without a "kill" switch other people have to deal with your lazyness? Your deck has a wire that can turn your amp/amps on....I believe it should be blue. It acts just a relay.....pushes 12V to the amp so the circuit closes and it turns on, its not rocket science. Looks like we can remedy that, no more exscuses......

Lol.....funny you said that but the way it is ran it is a toggle switch inline with the REMOTE WIRE ( that blue wire). It is used to kill the signal to the amps for a period of time, kind of like a mute button....it also works as a little added security.....I didnt install it, and even though I re ran all thewires for the system because it was a cluster****, I decided to leave it in line for the time being, untill the time when I choose to use the switch for somthing else, like a radar (which at one time was wired to that line as well for what ever reason)....still dosnt solve the issue of not having an ashtray, and finding one in a junk yard for a fox is a little hard, because they get picked over quiclky.....

hrsp
05-29-2007, 09:42 PM
There is a large group of people that need to clean the sand out of their vagina asap.

Bottom line is if you dont like or cant stand smokers then stay away from them and avoid areas where you know there will be smokers. Now if you cant do that then you sir have manuer for brains.

As for the flicking of butts outs the window, do I agree with it no. Did I do it when I use to be a smoker, damn fuking right I did and I did it every time. The only time I would use my ashtray in all my years of smoking is when there was a cop behind me and I didnt want to get a ticket. Lazyness or not I did it all the time and I had an ashtray. I just didnt want my car to smell as bad as it would if I were to use the ashtray and Im lazy so throwing them out the window solved my problem.

Also as far as Im concerned its not nice to say you wish all smokers would just die. What kind of a statment is that? Seriously grow up people...:rolleyes:

Sad sad sad:(

some places like the enterance to a store or restaurant i have to get into...and again i said it suckes but thats it...

the rest is just ignorance

88Nightmare
05-29-2007, 09:42 PM
neuwave:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/pussyhurts.jpg

god damn smokers :D

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/vanilla_ice.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/byah.jpg

Waver
05-29-2007, 09:44 PM
you can see it lingering by your head lightsummmmm no once again if you could see it lingering by my headlights then I must have an oil leak or a coolant leak other than the rms, and since I dont, I guess you are full of shit and are trying to make me panic, nice try though...there was no smoke poaring from my hood, maybe a little from the exhaust right by the rms, but that is it

Waver
05-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Mike can you not post whore in one thread? It is getting annoying and you are really not funny

Brandon W.
05-29-2007, 09:49 PM
i really dont have a big problem with smokers. parents smoke, grandparents smoke, great grandparents smoke. id say a solid 90% of my family does. i think Smoking is a dirty habbit and is discusting..and dotn get me started on chewing. but if you like to do it then thats your choice. i hate people that litter in general.. carry a bag in your car and put it in a Garbage bag. there not there for decoration.

Nix
05-29-2007, 09:50 PM
some places like the enterance to a store or restaurant i have to get into...and again i said it suckes but thats it...

the rest is just ignorance

Man are you flippin serious?!?!!? GET OVER IT!!!! It is going to happen, if I still smoked and you walked passed me do you actually tink I would stop because you wanted to pass through a door? Fuk no I would keep on puffing my lungs black. Would I give a shit if you didnt like the smell of my smoke and it pissed you off? Fuk no I would continue.

Now a good thing for you to my friend would tell that next person that you see doing this to please take it away from the door cause you find it rude. Now if you did that to me I would move away and say to myself "hey that guy is right why would I want to intentionally smoke in front of a door so people have to smell this shitty smoke"?

Now when it comes to bars and such there are plenty of non smoking bars in the area now, Long Necks on National Ave is one go there have a few drinks WITHOUT having to smell like an ashtray and go home free of smoke. Its an idea for ya.:thumbsup

Nix
05-29-2007, 09:51 PM
neuwave:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/pussyhurts.jpg

god damn smokers :D

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/vanilla_ice.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/byah.jpg

Buwhahaahahahahahhaahahahahahaha, right on man!!:rolf

hrsp
05-29-2007, 09:51 PM
my whole family smokes also....i always tell em how bad they smell....lol

hrsp
05-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Man are you flippin serious?!?!!? GET OVER IT!!!! It is going to happen, if I still smoked and you walked passed me do you actually tink I would stop because you wanted to pass through a door? Fuk no I would keep on puffing my lungs black. Would I give a shit if you didnt like the smell of my smoke and it pissed you off? Fuk no I would continue.

Now a good thing for you to my friend would tell that next person that you see doing this to please take it away from the door cause you find it rude. Now if you did that to me I would move away and say to myself "hey that guy is right why would I want to intentionally smoke in front of a door so people have to smell this shitty smoke"?

Now when it comes to bars and such there are plenty of non smoking bars in the area now, Long Necks on National Ave is one go there have a few drinks WITHOUT having to smell like an ashtray and go home free of smoke. Its an idea for ya.:thumbsup

i wouldnt expect you to stop its your choice to be there...I JUST SAID ITS ANNOYING AS FUKK??? and if i thought a smoker purposley blew smoke on me he wouldnt be able to smoke for quite sometime:thumbsup

Brandon W.
05-29-2007, 09:54 PM
what makes me mad is my mom and step-dad smoke in the house. my 2 cats always have a slight hint of cig smoke. and when i tell them to smell the cats they cant even smell it.. i dont understand how hard it is to walk a few feet and go outside.

88Nightmare
05-29-2007, 09:56 PM
hey neuwave:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/stfu.jpg

someone else found it funny, so get bent :D

hrsp
05-29-2007, 09:58 PM
back on original topic of WHY smokers feel the need to chuck cigs out the window....

Nix
05-29-2007, 09:59 PM
i wouldnt expect you to stop its your choice to be there...I JUST SAID ITS ANNOYING AS FUKK??? and if i thought you purposley blew smoke on me you wouldnt be ablt to smoke for quite sometime:thumbsup

I see where you are comming from and I gave you a few remedies. If you choose to use them thats your choice, oh and the empty "kind of" threat wasn't necessary. Good play on words though:)

88Nightmare
05-29-2007, 09:59 PM
because according to neuwave cars dont have ashtrays anymore.... maybe its the automakers method of telling people to quit smoking. like its so hard to go to farm and fleet and buy a universal ashtray for 10 bucks.

hrsp
05-29-2007, 10:03 PM
I see where you are comming from and I gave you a few remedies. If you choose to use them thats your choice, oh and the empty "kind of" threat wasn't necessary. Good play on words though:)

wasnt meant to be directly relayed to you but to "smokers" in general....

Waver
05-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Well I use to smoke so that argument is out the window. Second many things are bio-degradable. Cups, paper, dog sh1t whatever. thats not the point. Humans are Bio degradable but when we die we get buried and disposed of properly, not tossed out the window. If everyone had the attitude of "Oh garbage I better toss out the window cause I am so uncoordinated I cannot find a bag or the floor of my car to toss my garbage" That uncoordinated how the heck do you race anyone? You hve yet to come close to ansering the questions. Why can't you throw your garbage away properly??!!
you are compairing one small cig butt to a whole bag of garbage....It is two completely different things....one cig butt dosnt cause nearly as much litter as a mcdonalds wrapper or dog shit, dosnt have the environmental impact as dog shit (dosnt smell, dosnt atract flys, dosnt take up as much space), and unless 50 cars drop butts at the same time (and that never happens) in the same space, then it dosnt cause anywhere near as big of a problem as throwing a bag of trash out the window....There is no way in hell that I am going to stop every half an hour, pull off the highway and throw out a ******* cig butt, waste gas and in essence money, and my time getting back on the freeway.....it is not going to happen....and as ignorant as this will sound:

Get over it, Deal with it, move on with your life....smokers pay more in taxes, get their rights taken away first, and are always the first to blame for a lot of things out there...You know what, Smokers Have Rights Too.

hrsp
05-29-2007, 10:05 PM
NIX..i would never threaten someone "online" ROFL

there the first to be blames for alot of things out there? like what?

Waver
05-29-2007, 10:06 PM
hey neuwave:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/stfu.jpg

someone else found it funny, so get bent :DTake your own advice fatass.

88Nightmare
05-29-2007, 10:07 PM
bwahahahahaha, hell yeah! Once again I hit a nerve with neutered wave!!!! woohooooooooo.

Waver
05-29-2007, 10:08 PM

there the first to be blames for alot of things out there? like what?cancer and other health problems of non smokers, environmental problems, amongst others....

Waver
05-29-2007, 10:09 PM
bwahahahahaha, hell yeah! Once again I hit a nerve with neutered wave!!!! woohooooooooo.I am not the tool who threatened to whoop the others ass for a joke....

hrsp
05-29-2007, 10:10 PM
cancer and other health problems of non smokers, environmental problems, amongst others....

are they not true?

88Nightmare
05-29-2007, 10:11 PM
tool aside, a joke is a joke. I think you need a hug.

Come on now, you seriously think I would do that to another member? Now who's the tool :D

Nickerz
05-29-2007, 10:12 PM
as a former smoker (I still smoke a couple a month... if you think that counts go **** yourself) I always flicked down at the road when noone was behind me. It's just rude to be throwing it on the road only to land on someone elses car causing damage.

300pny
05-29-2007, 10:13 PM
you are compairing one small cig butt to a whole bag of garbage....It is two completely different things....one cig butt dosnt cause nearly as much litter as a mcdonalds wrapper or dog shit, dosnt have the environmental impact as dog shit (dosnt smell, dosnt atract flys, dosnt take up as much space), and unless 50 cars drop butts at the same time (and that never happens) in the same space, then it dosnt cause anywhere near as big of a problem as throwing a bag of trash out the window....There is no way in hell that I am going to stop every half an hour, pull off the highway and throw out a ******* cig butt, waste gas and in essence money, and my time getting back on the freeway.....it is not going to happen....and as ignorant as this will sound:

Get over it, Deal with it, move on with your life....smokers pay more in taxes, get their rights taken away first, and are always the first to blame for a lot of things out there...You know what, Smokers Have Rights Too.

I am comparing a bag of Cigs to a bag of other garbage.. Non smokers have rights too...I dont throw trash either should smokers who habitually do it. Its illegal no matter how you attempt to validate the crime. Smokers I feel shouldn't pay more taxes and all people should take responsibility for there own health care but untill we have more libertarians in politics it wont happen. Still asking, why toss crap out your window? Just use a bag or atleast field strip the bastard. what is so hard about it? I figure it out when I have something I need to discard...

Waver
05-29-2007, 10:16 PM
are they not true?

not as much as people think....as far as cancer goes, prolonged exposure, like years and years of it can be a factor, however you also have to take in consideration other environmental fctors as well, like the kind of work they do, family medical history, lifestyle choices ect....on top of that, as far as the environment, the impact from the smoke is not nearly as bad as a car, factory, ship, your ass (gas) ect.....smoking is a lesser evil than people think.

300pny
05-29-2007, 10:19 PM
not as much as people think....as far as cancer goes, prolonged exposure, like years and years of it can be a factor, however you also have to take in consideration other environmental fctors as well, like the kind of work they do, family medical history, lifestyle choices ect....on top of that, as far as the environment, the impact from the smoke is not nearly as bad as a car, factory, ship, your ass (gas) ect.....smoking is a lesser evil than people think.

Not much to say except HUH????

Waver
05-29-2007, 10:24 PM
I am comparing a bag of Cigs to a bag of other garbage.. Non smokers have rights too...I dont throw trash either should smokers who habitually do it.what do you consider habitually, like every time they smoke in the car, even if it is for like every two hours per cig, or those who smoke non stop in their cars......
Its illegal no matter how you attempt to validate the crime. Sure it is against the law, however there is a lot of things that we do, in plain site of cops, that is against the law....it is one of those things that is not enforcable, because, even though the law states that littering is punnishable by a fine, It was intended for those who just drop huge amounts of garbage all over, not a butt here, and a butt there.
Smokers I feel shouldn't pay more taxes and all people should take responsibility for there own health care but untill we have more libertarians in politics it wont happen.agreed
Still asking, why toss crap out your window? Just use a bag or atleast field strip the bastard. what is so hard about it? I figure it out when I have something I need to discard...
Well the bag thing is not a bad idea, however, where am I goingto put it, I have nowhere to stick it, and as far as feild strip it, where am I going to put the remains......out the window if I dont have a garbage bag.....see the problem?

Waver
05-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Not much to say except HUH????where did I lose you

300pny
05-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Its simple I don't throw my garbage out the window no matter what size or type why do smokers feel its ok and why can't they do what I do with my garbage???

Waver
05-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Its simple I don't throw my garbage out the window no matter what size or type why do smokers feel its ok and why can't they do what I do with my garbage???
I see where you are comming from, however I find it hard to believe that you dont occasionaly throw out somthing out your window, like say a straw wrapper, or spmthing small, ever.....in all honesty, it is just a convienence thing, one of those I dont know why I do it, I just do, that everyone has.

300pny
05-29-2007, 10:47 PM
I see where you are comming from, however I find it hard to believe that you dont occasionaly throw out somthing out your window, like say a straw wrapper, or spmthing small, ever.....in all honesty, it is just a convienence thing, one of those I dont know why I do it, I just do, that everyone has.

No I have never purposley. I just see smokers as doing it much more than anyone esle thats why I started the thread to try and find out why smokers habitually do it and other members of society aren't as quick to chuck trash out the window thinking its simply ok.

Waver
05-29-2007, 10:50 PM
you see it more often because there are a lot of us out there, and the times that people smoke the most consistantly are when they are behind the wheel....honsestly, I do it with out thinking, and untill now never had to think why....

Nix
05-29-2007, 10:51 PM

Then I suggest you re-read what you typed and find a different way to word what you ment. I have already gotten several PM's about you in the past 45mins on what you typed. Anyway its no big deal, I know what you ment.:)

hrsp
05-29-2007, 10:58 PM
pms about me????? why?

i fixed it so its not "threatening? to anyone...

Silver350
05-30-2007, 07:04 AM
I am curious of when BCM members have become such tree huggers?

To answer Robs question of why smokers through their butts out the window?

Its because smoking in general is a learned habbit. People are not born to smoke it takes practice to be a smoker. You have to learn how to light a cigarette, inhale with out coughing, how to ash. Everything a smoker does is learned, so with that said when smokers finish they learned from watching others. You see another person throw a butt out a window, so you do it. Kind of like the whole monkey see monkey do thing.

My Rant......

If you a worried about your car getting burn holes in the interior or hitting your car then maybe you should consider letting your car be a gargage queen, and stay home.

Breecher_7
05-30-2007, 07:08 AM
So let me get this straight. Because people with convertables, T-Tops or just have there windows down when they drive might possibly catch a cig in there car and risk burning there interior because of someone elses carelessness they should just leave there cars in the garage? That is the most assanine statement ive ever heard.

Other people should not have to adapt there way of living because people are to lazy to use there ashtray. Thats what its there for and 99% of vehicles have them. If you dont want that stinky crap in your car, quit smoking. Others should not have to deal with your garbage.

pickardracing
05-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Y'know whats really sickening?

When the lazy sons of bitches flick their butts in the lake while you're fishing.

Silver350
05-30-2007, 07:43 AM
What I am getting at you take risks when you take your car out and if you are that particular about what happens to it then maybe it should stay in.

Nix
05-30-2007, 07:59 AM
So let me get this straight. Because people with convertables, T-Tops or just have there windows down when they drive might possibly catch a cig in there car and risk burning there interior because of someone elses carelessness they should just leave there cars in the garage? That is the most assanine statement ive ever heard.

Other people should not have to adapt there way of living because people are to lazy to use there ashtray. Thats what its there for and 99% of vehicles have them. If you dont want that stinky crap in your car, quit smoking. Others should not have to deal with your garbage.

What don't you get dude? Shit happens, people are assholezz. People litter, how old are you? Im gonna guess you are way old enough to know damn well that shit like this happens everyday and people have and always litter. Wheather you like it or not, IF you see someone do it then try and put them in their place but regardless if you happen to be unfortunate enough to have a cig butt fly into your car that sux but it you wanna drive its kinda one of those things that you know can happen and hope it never does.

As someone else said when did BCM become such treehuggers? Thats a good question, I will however offer a free box of Kotex to the BCM members that need it for their Gina. I will have to put you on a waiting list though they are back ordered as it is...:stare

Breecher_7
05-30-2007, 08:23 AM
I think this is becoming somthing its not. THis is not about being a treehugger and to me it isnt even about the littering issue. Its about the fact that people throw somthing that is potentially dangerous out the window like it is nothing. This is the point im getting at. I dont understand how people can sit here and defend throwing a smoldering butt out the window like its not a issue. It makes no sense to me. If you do it, stop, your endangering other people on the road. Plain and simple.

rally_scort
05-30-2007, 08:24 AM
First off, do you guys complain when rocks fall off a truck when your behind it? Or how about when a bird shits on your car when your driving? Like Silver350 said, its the risks you take driving.And from what i see, you have to be driving pretty damn close to the car in front of you to get the cig anywhere near you.Ciggarettes dont bounce off the ground nor do they have wings, so stop riding so close to peoples bumpers, and you shouldnt have any problems. :chair:

Breecher_7
05-30-2007, 08:26 AM
First off, do you guys complain when rocks fall off a truck when your behind it? Or how about when a bird shits on your car when your driving? Like Silver350 said, its the risks you take driving.And from what i see, you have to be driving pretty damn close to the car in front of you to get the cig anywhere near you.Ciggarettes dont bounce off the ground nor do they have wings, so stop riding so close to peoples bumpers, and you shouldnt have any problems. :chair:

This is not the same in any way whatsoever! A bird crapping on your car or a rock falling off a semi trailor or being kicked up off the road is not the same as someone INTENTIONALLY throwing somthing out there window. No matter how you look at it, its not the same.

300pny
05-30-2007, 08:28 AM
What I am getting at you take risks when you take your car out and if you are that particular about what happens to it then maybe it should stay in.

This was about tossing crap out the window and why smokers habitually do it and many thinking its just ok to do. There are worse risks on the road than a butt floating around agreed. I just see more smokers constantly tossing there trash out the window more than anyone and wondered why most simply think its simply ok to do.

GRM-REPR
05-30-2007, 08:46 AM
What is the difference between someone tossing a grit butt out the window, and some douche bag spitting or throwing the gum out the window? It is still littering, non-bio, and sucks ass when you step on it. I'd rather have the grit hit my car than the gum getting in my car.

I understand the point of this thread, however, smokers alike toss a butt everywhere but in the garbage, that isn't going to change. Some I've known will just get a can and empty it when it is full (if it is at their own place), and just litter them everywhere else.

A smoker knows the habit is disgusting, so why do they want to keep a smelly butt in their ashtray (the device designed to hold peoples butts but is instead used to hold change to buy the next pack), when they can throw it out at your car?

Breecher_7
05-30-2007, 08:59 AM
So basically the consenses here is!

Smokers That Throw There Butts Out The Window = Lazy People that think there own habbit is so disgusting they cannot keep it in there car but its ok to make everyone else deal with it.

Did I hit this one on the head?

After reading all the posts over again, this is what ive come up with.

Nix
05-30-2007, 10:02 AM

Smokers That Throw There Butts Out The Window = Lazy People that think there own habbit is so disgusting they cannot keep it in there car but its ok to make everyone else deal with it.

Sure, now let the Horse die in peace...:(

Breecher_7
05-30-2007, 10:08 AM
:thumbsup Sure Thing!

GRM-REPR
05-30-2007, 11:11 AM

Your perturbment is acknowledged, now go onto every other site in the world and start the same movement to end butts getting tossed out the window.

While you are at that, I'll pay attention to the more important things around here, like murderers and rapists that get away with such.

Get over it, (I'm not being a prick) focus on something you can change, not something you can't.:)

hrsp
05-30-2007, 02:50 PM
MY LAST POST IN HERE!!!!!!

i'm by no means a "tree hugger"

look at it this way for those of you with kids....someone flicks it out and hits your child in the back seat?? i know its a "what if" scenario but hey it could happen right? that would be worse than that same butt burning a hole in your leather seats...correct?

having burning cig butts fli nito my car is not a "normal" road hazard that i or anyone should have to deal with....period