PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anyone that can tow?

Ruiner
05-27-2007, 11:10 PM
My VR-4 is back in Indiana, and I don't have any means to get the vehicle here. ( I have a pathfinder I drive everyday )

I am trying to get the vehicle here and i need it towed to a friends house for us to do some work. ( need to fix a small oil leak ) the apartment complex has a strict policy on working on vehicles.

If I were to rent ( not only being expensive ) but I would have to drive 20 hours in total. ( from here, to indiana, back here, back to indiana, finally back here to be done ) I don't trust myself frankly to do that much driving. Even if I am full of energy, I find myself weary on the road for that long.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm hoping someone here locally would be able to help.

Ruiner
05-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Forgot to post, I would take care financially of what is needed. ( Gas, food, and payment for doing it )

TransAm12sec
05-27-2007, 11:38 PM
I've heard this guy is commendable.

Gibson Trucking Transportation

12797 NW 158th Ave
Madrid, IA 50156
(515) 795-2308

84 Regal
05-28-2007, 11:52 AM
pm sent..

flyin_blue_egg
05-28-2007, 12:37 PM
just go find a UHaul place down there...rent a trailer there and then return it to a UHaul place in madison. Then you woun't have to go back to IN to return a rented trailer, and i've heard that they're not that expensive

nitrous
05-28-2007, 03:40 PM
If I can get a trailer from the guy I usually rent it from, I could tow you with my Duramax Diesel.

20+ MPG towing.

Ruiner
05-28-2007, 04:06 PM
If I can get a trailer from the guy I usually rent it from, I could tow you with my Duramax Diesel.

20+ MPG towing.

That would be excellent. 84 regal contacted me, and I know he has a regular gasoline after we talked. Diesel is pretty cheap and that gas bill would be a lot lower.

PM your number and we can talk, looking to try and do it this weekend. ( or next if that works better )

I can send you details if you would like, just let me know how much you would want to do it. It's 193 miles, 3.5 hour drive.

84 Regal
05-28-2007, 06:07 PM
My buddy has a diesel that would do it too. So my options are open. 06 dodge diesel

Thanks Mike M.

Ruiner
05-28-2007, 07:16 PM
My buddy has a diesel that would do it too. So my options are open. 06 dodge diesel

Thanks Mike M.

Just PM how much he would want to do it. Either of you is fine with me, just didn't want to spend a small fortune trying to get it here.

BTW, I pm'ed you all the info, let me know.

nitrous
05-29-2007, 11:39 PM
PM sent.

Ruiner
06-08-2007, 02:43 PM
BUMP...

I had planned to do this with nitrous, but it is friday, and I have not recieved a reply from him in a few days, and I'm beginning to worry. hopefully he gets back to me. Does anyone know him? Contact him for me. I called and left a message yesterday, but have not gotten a response. Seemed like a good guy, he might be busy, but we're supposed to be doing this tomorrow. I'd like to get an early start, and if I don't get a reply, I will have no method to get the car back this weekend. Really puts me out.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Breecher_7
06-08-2007, 03:35 PM
IF you have a trailor I will do it for the cost of fuel, food and some extra.

Let me know....

Gas truck, 6.0L, gas milage will not be good.

Comfy and good stereo though!!!

Ruiner
06-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks!

Gabe just got back with me sounds like it is a go. Thank you for the offers, I really appreciate it.

Hopefully it all goes without a hitch!