PDA

View Full Version : I need help!!!!

Korndogg
05-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know how to measure what pushrods I need. I have standard rods and they are too short so I dont know if I just need 100 long or what. This is all thats holding me back right now.

Poncho
05-27-2007, 11:21 AM
you can get a pushrod length checker.

Korndogg
05-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I have one....no clue on how to use it.

Top Fuel Tom
05-27-2007, 01:19 PM
I have one....no clue on how to use it.

You put your own engine together and you can't figure out a length checker? You may have more problems than short pushrods. Maybe next time you set up an appointment with someone you should keep it.

Lash
05-27-2007, 01:32 PM
^Oh snap!

Wish I knew how to help you out man!

Korndogg
05-28-2007, 10:14 PM
You put your own engine together and you can't figure out a length checker? You may have more problems than short pushrods. Maybe next time you set up an appointment with someone you should keep it.

WTF?? Appointment? I never made an appointment with you. You said you stay late on Thursdays and I said thursdays would work best for me. Something came up, my car was the last thing I was thinking about at the time and then I found out a day or two later that no modification was needed. Maybe nextime you shouldn't act so childish when you post.

good day sir. :thumbsup

nismodave
05-28-2007, 10:17 PM
WTF?? Appointment? I never made an appointment with you. You said you stay late on Thursdays and I said thursdays would work best for me. Something came up, my car was the last thing I was thinking about at the time and then I found out a day or two later that no modification was needed. Maybe nextime you shouldn't act so childish when you post.

good day sir. :thumbsup

Dude.......Screw him.......His attitude sure would make me want to come to his shop.:rolleyes:

Go talk to the guys at C and S........Or Mike at Fast Times........Those guys are Goodfellas, and Im sure would help ya out.:thumbsup

jbiscuit
05-29-2007, 07:33 AM
Mike over at Fast Times would help ya....they were great over there when I needed header gaskets. Give him a ring Mark

J

Top Fuel Tom
05-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Korndogg, obviously this calls for a quick clarification. I went back and forth with you on PM's, emails and figured out a time that I could look at your car, which was of no charge to you whatsoever. I already knew at that time that you were probably going to do it yourself anyway, which was perfectly fine with me. I was more than happy to take time to help you out even though I knew there was really no benefit to me. But I was fine with that. I help guys out all the time with tech questions. And after we agree upon a night, you never showed up and you never called to say you weren't going to make it. I figure if I could take that much time out of my schedule to help you out, the least you could do is show the same respect in return. So if that makes me the bad guy, then so be it.

juicedimpss
05-29-2007, 10:14 AM
i hate when people want free info on a very involved buildup.

Crawlin
05-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Tom's helped out more people for no cost than I could count, INCLUDING me, which is why I'll proudly try and help him out at any point and time. Mike at Fast Time's helped me out as well as Ron and all the guys.

Some people would beg to differ with you Dave on the C&S thing(Bobby/Andy/etc..), although I'd still consider Clint a friend.

Adamsy87
05-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Tom has ALWAYS helped me out and is really a nice guy. For him to set aside a time for you to meet with him after his hours and you not show is pretty low.

Just my two cents!

flyin_blue_egg
05-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Dude.......Screw him.......His attitude sure would make me want to come to his shop.:rolleyes:

Go talk to the guys at C and S........Or Mike at Fast Times........Those guys are Goodfellas, and Im sure would help ya out.:thumbsup

hey dave....i didn't even think any car broke or not could be on the road less then a DSM....how's that possible?

Nix
05-29-2007, 10:34 AM
It seems like this is bewteen those two and its probably not necessary for everyone else to shit on this thread with he has helped me and he hasn't helped me and so on and so forth.

Leave it to Kdog and Tom.:)

Want_Notch
05-29-2007, 10:53 AM
hey dave....i didn't even think any car broke or not could be on the road less then a DSM....how's that possible?

Is this even english? Can someone please translate it for me?

juicedimpss
05-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Is this even english? Can someone please translate it for me?

he simply stated imports suck

here we go
it was a joke.
:banana

flyin_blue_egg
05-29-2007, 11:43 AM
no just making poking fun of DSM's...one of my buddies has one and we always give him shit about it

Russ Jerome
05-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Here are a few links I had saved, pretty strait forward but like
degreing a cam it takes patience. Go slow and measure/remeasure:

http://www.compcams.com/information/Products/Pushrods/
http://www.aa1car.com/library/2004/eb30431.htm

DocDave
05-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Why are your push-rods too short? I would start there.

Korndogg not show up or respond when a person offers to help him? I have never heard of that happening before. NOT!

I know Tom sticks around late on some Thursdays but I still give him the common courtesy of a phone call if I am not going to make it out there that night after I said I would. I respect the man's time and appreciate all the free advise he has given me.

Korndogg
05-29-2007, 03:48 PM
woah cmon now, I never said Tom was a bad guy. I dont even personally know him so I cannot say he is a bad guy. Like I said, something came up that day and the car was the LAST thing on my mind at the time. And I can see where I stand with the BCSM crowd so I'll just stay out of your way from now on. Not like you guys ever tried to get to know me or anything. I always appreciate when someone is willing to help me. Sorry for having a life that has more than just cars in it. Guess I'm the bad guy as always.

nismodave
05-29-2007, 04:20 PM
woah cmon now, I never said Tom was a bad guy. I dont even personally know him so I cannot say he is a bad guy. Like I said, something came up that day and the car was the LAST thing on my mind at the time. And I can see where I stand with the BCSM crowd so I'll just stay out of your way from now on. Not like you guys ever tried to get to know me or anything. I always appreciate when someone is willing to help me. Sorry for having a life that has more than just cars in it. Guess I'm the bad guy as always.

Relax man.........Plenty of people here are willing to help.......Some just can come off at times as a-holes. (myself included,LOL)

I dont care what transpired between you and Tom (appointments made, not made, not calling). I think Toms slam on you was out of order. You were looking for a straight answer and he shit on you, PLAIN and SIMPLE.

If he had a problem with you not showing up or not calling, he should take it to PM. He had the time to post in your thread, why not take the time to let you know hes not happy with you, like a PROFESSIONAL BUISNESS OWNER should.

Its his choice to spend time and give out free info.......Its his choice to take time to look at yours or anyone elses car for free.......And if he does, :thumbsup, for him. OTE is well know for being a large, well respected shop, so it cant be easy taking phone calls and emails on stuff all day.

But things do come up, people do get busy, and like you said, you solved the problem so you didnt bother him again.......Could you of called him and said that?.....Yup, maybe you should of.........Owners of shops can get frustrated....I have a few freinds that own car related businesses and give out alot of free advice and dont get business out of it.......But sometimes they do, its the nature of the game.

But coming full circle, he should of let you know he was upset with some class.

scottie K
05-29-2007, 08:51 PM
korndog call shane winsdor or fast times im sure one of them would help out .. if you need phone numbers pm me

scottie K
05-29-2007, 08:58 PM
good luck!:thumbsup I think you'll be all right homie.....

Korndogg
05-29-2007, 09:03 PM
thanks scottie!!

Nix
05-29-2007, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=nismodave;281402]

If he had a problem with you not showing up or not calling, he should take it to PM. [QUOTE]

Exactly what I was saying, nicely put. But the drama Police had to step in and stir the shit pot cause some people on here have such a crappy life that they need to put other people down to make them selves feel a bit better and they feed off the drama.:(

Korndogg
05-29-2007, 09:50 PM
I personally hate drama. I have more important stuff to worry about than this crap.

300pny
05-29-2007, 09:51 PM
KD if you need help let me know. S and I will shoot ova..

scottie K
05-29-2007, 10:00 PM
:thumbsup

Korndogg
05-29-2007, 10:03 PM
anyone know how to replace a mechanical throttle linkage with a throttle cable?? There has to be some kind of bracket that goes down by the pedal. I have a Lokar cable and they make the brackets for mustangs but not for anything else that I saw.

Brandon W.
05-29-2007, 10:29 PM
you could just make your own.. shouldnt be that hard to do.

Korndogg
05-29-2007, 10:30 PM
yeah that was going to be my last ditch effort lol. I didnt know if someone made it already or not.

FourEyedFord
05-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Tom has ALWAYS helped me out and is really a nice guy. For him to set aside a time for you to meet with him after his hours and you not show is pretty low.

Just my two cents!

Exactly! I can't count how many questions I have asked Tom and advice he has given me that didn't cost me anything. When I started having major blow bye issues with my motor the first time it was assembled, he told me to bring the car over to his shop to do a leak down test on it because he had the proper tools. All for no cost on my part! I have great respect for Tom, and the work that he does. In the world today, there are not many businesses that are just willing to lend a hand to anyone at no charge.

Korndogg
05-30-2007, 07:59 PM
is there a reason this thread is still going? I never said anything bad about Tom other than calling his first post childish.

Memphis
05-30-2007, 09:26 PM
And I can see where I stand with the BCSM crowd so I'll just stay out of your way from now on. Not like you guys ever tried to get to know me or anything. I always appreciate when someone is willing to help me. Sorry for having a life that has more than just cars in it. Guess I'm the bad guy as always.

I'm not getting into the drama of this thread, however.....I think this particular comment was uncalled for and also a bit childish. Also not very accurate in so many ways....

Korndogg
05-30-2007, 10:04 PM
I would think of that as more of an emo moment not so much childish.

I'm gonna go cut my wrists now. :headbang