PDA

View Full Version : exhaust ticket

885.0stang
05-27-2007, 02:39 AM
while driving home after the ufc fight this weekend i got pulled over by a town of brookfield fuzz and he says my exhaust was to loud yet i passed by 3 city of brookfield cops all radaring me windows down and no problem. obviously this cop had nothing better to do. got an $84 BS ticket that i will take to court. has anyone ever gotten out of these tickets?

Al
05-27-2007, 05:34 AM
Figure out some way to quiet your exhaust down.

A few years ago, I had the same problem. To silence my exhaust, I searched for something similar in size to the inner diameter of the exhaust tip and jammed it in there. The object happened to be the top to a can of spray paint.

You might want something more permanent, so try to divise something like a supertrap if you do not want to reinstall your factory exhaust.

Breecher_7
05-27-2007, 07:30 AM
See my BROOKFIELD POLICE, GO FVCK YOURSELF! thread.... Our court dates may be the same. See ya there!

What was the cops name?

A B4C Z
05-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Hm i live out in the area and never had an issue. I think there just out this weekend looking for anything.

Lash
05-27-2007, 10:39 AM
You may be better off just paying the ticket rather than drawing more attention to your exhaust. Any modified exhaust in the state of Wisconsin is illegal. Pay the little $84 ticket and be done with it....or go to court with the posiblity of having to fix your whole exhaust system? It's your call.

Reverend Cooper
05-27-2007, 10:41 AM
dood the man is always after us

hrsp
05-27-2007, 11:45 AM
You may be better off just paying the ticket rather than drawing more attention to your exhaust. Any modified exhaust in the state of Wisconsin is illegal. Pay the little $84 ticket and be done with it....or go to court with the posiblity of having to fix your whole exhaust system? It's your call.

truth

300pny
05-27-2007, 03:54 PM
See my BROOKFIELD POLICE, GO FVCK YOURSELF! thread.... Our court dates may be the same. See ya there!

What was the cops name?

New BCM clubhouse....Brookfield court room

Brandon W.
05-27-2007, 03:58 PM
you could always do the old steel whool trick to quiet down the exhaust a bit.. as far as getting out of the ticket. i guess that depends on how the judge is feeling that day. good luck though..and welcome to BCM

theavenger333
05-27-2007, 05:13 PM
if you're exhaust is aftermarket, its pretty much illegal according to Sound Level laws. sorry

05caddyext
05-27-2007, 08:38 PM
I got one of those tickets from a palymyra cop about 5 years go. All I had to do was show up in court with my receipt for the flowmasters i bought from summit. Right in their catalog, right by the exhaust I bought, there was a nice big sign saying "50-state legal." They took one look at my receipt, one look at the ad, dropped it. never had a problem again.

ricksws7
05-27-2007, 09:38 PM
You know what is f--ked up with that is if you where on a harley that you can litterally hear for blocks away, they can do anything they want with the exhaust. TOTALLY F--ked up laws. Rick

946speedz
05-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Per state statute 347.39
(1)no person shall operate on a highway any motor vehicle subject to registration unless such motor vehicle is equipped with an adequate muffler in constant operation and propely maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise or annoying smoke.
(2)no muffler or exhaust system on any vehicle mentioned in (1) shall be equipped with a cutout, bypass, or similar device, nor shall there be installed in the exhaust system of any such vehicle any device to ignite exhaust gases so as to produce flame within or without the exhaust system. No person shall modify the exhaust system or any such motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by motor of such vehicle above that emitted by the muffler orig installed on the vehicle, and such orig muffler shall comply with all the requirements of this section.

so if you look into it, just pay the fine and let it go. Yeah flowmaster can say they are 50 state legal (to sell + purchase) just not 50 state legal to run on your "street" vehicle......

LIL EVO
05-27-2007, 10:50 PM
town of brookfield is much worse than city of brookfield

Lash
05-27-2007, 11:03 PM
I got one of those tickets from a palymyra cop about 5 years go. All I had to do was show up in court with my receipt for the flowmasters i bought from summit. Right in their catalog, right by the exhaust I bought, there was a nice big sign saying "50-state legal." They took one look at my receipt, one look at the ad, dropped it. never had a problem again.

50 state emissions legal...not 50 state noise ordinance legal.

885.0stang
05-27-2007, 11:18 PM
when i read over the ticket it doesnt even say loud exhaust it just says defective exhaust which is why i want to take it to court. yes i know that aftermarket exhaust technically are illegal but the way it should be is that as long as you have all proper pieces with your exhaust (cats and muff) then it should be all good

946speedz
05-27-2007, 11:33 PM
defective exhaust is improper exhaust is modified exhaust same ticket same statute same thing, pay the money and move on

Brandon W.
05-28-2007, 12:49 AM
i wonder if he could of gave you a Fix it ticket?

Waver
05-28-2007, 01:32 AM
mmmmm that is why I am glad that I have a gt with the stock turndowns in place.....the sound hits the ground first and gets muffled a bit.....only time my car gets loud is if I get on it hard

pOrk
05-28-2007, 01:48 AM
I have straight pipes on my bike, cops look all over when I go by thinking they hear a harley. Suckers

05caddyext
05-28-2007, 06:08 PM
well no matter what that 50 state legal thing means according to summit, the court read that and they dropped the ticket. that was my entire point. as soon as they saw that, they dropped it, never asked you hear it, see it, nothing else. dropped and went home, never had another problem.

Heat Seeker WS6
05-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Wierd, when I worked out of the best buy on bluemound I NEVER had a prob with any of thier PD hassling me. :confused Very rarely did I not see a cop to/from work and thats with my billboard of a windshield, tint, frequent romping on gas crossing bluemound in & out of the lot and loud exhaust.

Hope your situation gets taken care of in your favor

GRM-REPR
05-28-2007, 07:17 PM

x1,000,000

Been there plenty of times, and done that.....