PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Airlines Poll

300pny
05-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Just got my Stock holder paper work and voted for Midwest directors. Anyone else on here a stockholder for midwest?

PureSound15
05-25-2007, 09:47 AM
:confused:confused:confused

Weird, the poll wouldn't show up for me at first.

Feature Pony
05-25-2007, 09:49 AM
I hate air tran. all they want to do is take over and run them into the ground. They want to rip out all the nice seats in midwests planes and put more seats in. If the take over happens you will see midwest and air tran go down the tubes with in 5 years.

badass88gt
05-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Whats the story?

Karps TA
05-25-2007, 09:50 AM
I don't care either way. I fly Northwest for business, and since Midwest made the flights to Vegas 5 across, theres no benefit to flying them for me anyways.

300pny
05-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Whats the story?

Trash air is attempting a Hostle takeover. They are trying to get in 3 of there directors at the next stockholders meeting.

300pny
05-25-2007, 09:52 AM
I don't care either way. I fly Northwest for business, and since Midwest made the flights to Vegas 5 across, theres no benefit to flying them for me anyways.

Yea that does suck now. They had to do somthing to compete to the vacation destinations.

Mssplayboybunie
05-25-2007, 09:56 AM
I flew airtran and it smelled nasty..and was so crowded you can smell the person's breath next to you..Midwest is one of the best ways to fly because its roomy and can't beat getting served cookies on a plane instead of the usual pretzels.

badass88gt
05-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Trash Air, thats really the airline's name?

I have flown Delta once, I usually fly Northwest. This 4th of July I'm flying Midwest for the first time, I keep hearing all sorts of stories how theyre so great.

So far, I havent been impressed, I havent even begun packing for my trip and theyve changed my intinerary 3 times on me, this last time it changed so I have a 7 HOUR layover in Milwaukee to wait to come home. I told them to get bent, I'm just gonna rent a car and drive home. When I asked how much theyll knock off the price, it was a whole $20 each.

This flight better be something special, or its the first and last time I fly Midwest.

300pny
05-25-2007, 10:07 AM

I have flown Delta once, I usually fly Northwest. This 4th of July I'm flying Midwest for the first time, I keep hearing all sorts of stories how theyre so great.

So far, I havent been impressed, I havent even begun packing for my trip and theyve changed my intinerary 3 times on me, this last time it changed so I have a 7 HOUR layover in Milwaukee to wait to come home. I told them to get bent, I'm just gonna rent a car and drive home. When I asked how much theyll knock off the price, it was a whole $20 each.

This flight better be something special, or its the first and last time I fly Midwest.

I fly them alot 10 times a year and never once had an itinery cahnged thats very uncommon. I stay away from Northworst, delta isn't too bad.

badass88gt
05-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally I was flying from Wausau to Milwaukee, 20 minute layover, then MKE to Kansas City, 40 min layover, then KC to Ft. Lauderdale, the return flight was the same thing.

Now, theyve decided on skipping the KC flight all together, and I fly from FTL to MKE, with a 7 a layover.

They also changed a couple departure times, which really is no big deal. Had there been a 7 hour layover when I booked them, I would be flying Northwest, tickets were the same price.

Sorry for the hijack.

DoubleAron
05-25-2007, 10:29 AM
I only fly maybe once a year but when I do I never even look @ any other airline.
Support your local businesses.

Waver
05-25-2007, 10:33 AM

Come on danno, 7 hours in milwaukee isnt bad.....if you stay I am sure we can get coop, wayne, and a few others out to do somthing....

Waver
05-25-2007, 10:35 AM
I only fly maybe once a year but when I do I never even look @ any other airline.

I dont fly that much, about the same as you, however this year will be a cluster **** as far as me flying, and I havent had much luck (delta mostly, never flying with them again)....I am going to trailor my car down to fla in october and drive it back, or along the coast to conn to help my sister move.

Nix
05-25-2007, 10:37 AM

^^^^Word!

All the flying that the wife and I do we have never had a problem with Midwest. Nothing to complain about here, fuk air tran and their Hostile takeover. This has been going on for a long time now for months and months.

Hopefully they fail and us stock holders don't give in cause I know Im not selling my stock.

badass88gt
05-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Come on danno, 7 hours in milwaukee isnt bad.....if you stay I am sure we can get coop, wayne, and a few others out to do somthing....

We wouldnt land till 3pm, and by the ime guys get off work and get there we'd already sit for 3 hours at the airport. I can be home in 3 hours driving.

Waver
05-25-2007, 10:42 AM
fuggit, I will take off and take you to hooters or somthing lol

PureSound15
05-25-2007, 10:44 AM
We fly Midwest for work and I love it. I've had bad experiences on every other airline, and non with Midwest. I think it's amazing that Midwest can offer what they do for a price that usually isn't A LOT more than the airlines with 12" wide seats.

Waver
05-25-2007, 10:47 AM
last time I flew Midwest was from oklahoma after the basketball season was over.....we got the plane that the bucks use, and believe me there was pleanty of room for my 6'4" frame and leather all around.....best flight I have ever had.

badass88gt
05-25-2007, 10:47 AM

Thanks, but I already cancelled the MKE to CWA flight.

Waver
05-25-2007, 10:57 AM
eh just looking out for you....lol....you are going to be at the eaa show right?

badass88gt
05-25-2007, 10:58 AM
I doubt it.

sidewayzbimmer
05-25-2007, 11:29 AM
neuwave wants a date it seems

UnderPSI
05-25-2007, 11:32 AM
I hope they can hold their own. I always usually fly Midwest. I just flew United down to FL and I like the plane better. Tons more leg room and the seats were all around nicer.

lasttimearound
05-25-2007, 11:36 AM
midwest airlines is in my blood. parts of my family have worked their from the begining. anyway, as far as the saver service goes, they are looking at adding 5 rows or so of the signature (the wide leather seats) to the front of each md80 and whatever replacement air frame they add. i hope they can hold their own. the hardest part will be keeping airtran out of the board. they are 3 open spots and if they get their 3 in there this will never end. speculations are that if they dont however, they might actually give up...

Mssplayboybunie
05-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Just got my Stock holder paper work and voted for Midwest directors. Anyone else on here a stockholder for midwest?

Good day to make polls up eh? anymore coming our way? lol

300pny
05-25-2007, 11:52 AM

Hell ya when we going?

fireguyrick
05-25-2007, 01:14 PM
As a former Midwest employee I hope to god they get taken over. All this crap about them supporting there hometown is BS. I seem to recall them outsourcing around 120 employees from Milwaukee to save $1 million dollars (the only airline to outsource their HUB prior to their satellites).....yet Uncle Timmy and his cronies easily made that much in incentives.

Furthermore, my bestfriend is a pilot for Midwest, and I certainly know that him along with a great deal of other pilots are looking forward to changing to Air Tran. Alot more pay involved with them, as Midwest is not exactly the best paying airline.

Besides, lets face it, Midwest cannot and will not survive if they do not do something radical. This slow expansion from pretty much KC only does not help. Yes, I like the leather seating in some of their flights, but frankly, an airplane is a mod of transportation for me. My most frequent flights are to LaGuardia from Milwaukee, and I do typically use Midwest, but that is because they have a direct flight there.

When it comes to the 3 members from Air Tran getting on the board? My money says they will from much of what I hear on the inside.

Rick

Oh yes, people here in Milwaukee seem to make a big deal about how an Air Tran (formerly Value Jet) plane went down in the late 90's. Everyone is terrified that this could happen again, I mean our Midwest is the best apparenly. Yet, no one seems to remember the Midwest bird going down on takeoff back in 1986 (year might not be right, but it was within the 1st year or two of opening).

Yooformula
05-25-2007, 01:17 PM
I thought this take over was a done deal and there wasnt much that Midwest could do to prevent this. From what I read, AT bought the majority shares and wouldnt that help those that have shares of MW now?

Mssplayboybunie
05-25-2007, 01:53 PM
As a former Midwest employee I hope to god they get taken over. All this crap about them supporting there hometown is BS. I seem to recall them outsourcing around 120 employees from Milwaukee to save $1 million dollars (the only airline to outsource their HUB prior to their satellites).....yet Uncle Timmy and his cronies easily made that much in incentives.

Furthermore, my bestfriend is a pilot for Midwest, and I certainly know that him along with a great deal of other pilots are looking forward to changing to Air Tran. Alot more pay involved with them, as Midwest is not exactly the best paying airline.

Besides, lets face it, Midwest cannot and will not survive if they do not do something radical. This slow expansion from pretty much KC only does not help. Yes, I like the leather seating in some of their flights, but frankly, an airplane is a mod of transportation for me. My most frequent flights are to LaGuardia from Milwaukee, and I do typically use Midwest, but that is because they have a direct flight there.

When it comes to the 3 members from Air Tran getting on the board? My money says they will from much of what I hear on the inside.

Rick

Oh yes, people here in Milwaukee seem to make a big deal about how an Air Tran (formerly Value Jet) plane went down in the late 90's. Everyone is terrified that this could happen again, I mean our Midwest is the best apparenly. Yet, no one seems to remember the Midwest bird going down on takeoff back in 1986 (year might not be right, but it was within the 1st year or two of opening).

Alot of people i know personally worked with Midweast and either gotten Fired or screwed over and they feel the sameway, Hate midwest with a passion and want AIRTRAN to take over.

GRAMPS SS
05-25-2007, 02:11 PM
who cares what stock you got...let air tran have midwest...maybe they can make money with it...seems midwest can't....arn't they just getting out of bankrupcy...seems i read that somewhere...so they must be looseing money..take your shares, cash them in and buy walmart stock..that company is at least getting off the ground....we have or stock in power companies and some other bullshit that is paying off.......hell buy stock in BCM....

300pny
05-25-2007, 02:14 PM

Rick

It was Sep of 85

RIP

300pny
05-25-2007, 02:15 PM
who cares what stock you got...let air tran have midwest...maybe they can make money with it...seems midwest can't....arn't they just getting out of bankrupcy...seems i read that somewhere...so they must be looseing money..take your shares, cash them in and buy walmart stock..that company is at least getting off the ground....we have or stock in power companies and some other bullshit that is paying off.......hell buy stock in BCM....

Dont have a much all there (stay diversified tis the key) bought the stock in Jan of 03 and it has outperformed most of my other investments, was just wondering how other Stock holders maybe voting.

hrsp
05-25-2007, 04:11 PM
yeah...i'm scared to fly....and i feel safe when i'm driving on a road and not in the air where i shouldnt be!!!!lol

BAD LS1
05-25-2007, 05:18 PM

Damn!! I try to get Midwest any time i can for work travel and i get a luxury SUV for a rental at the destination:rolf I think there was only one time i couldnt get midwest and had to go delta... now that was a cattle hauler like experience from milwaukee to atlanta on an old ass 737-200.

Yooformula
05-25-2007, 06:42 PM
If ATA buys them out, wont they now have direct flights from Milw to florida and NY? I always hated taking damm pond skippers to get to Chicago for a connecting flight or driving out to midway.

fly5150
05-25-2007, 06:46 PM
I personally hope Midwest dos Not get taken over by Airtran. I fly almost weekly for work and Midwest is by far the best airline out there. Continental is second to them. You say Midwest sucks for pay and treats their employees like crap? Take a look at any other Airline out there. Southwest is probably the only decent airline to work for. I have friends that are Pilots for every major airline and everyone says the same stuff. Work sucks, pay sucks, company sucks. But they still do it. Why? because the work doesn't suck and the pay only sucks for the first few years. I personally cant wait to finally fly again, after a few years you only fly 10 to 15 days a month and make 60-100k a year. And thats just the average pilot. I like Midwest and hopefully after a few years, can move back and fly for them.

fireguyrick
05-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey, I am just relaying what my experience was and what my bestfriend, whom is a check airmen, has said to me.

Rick

300pny
05-25-2007, 07:45 PM
I personally hope Midwest dos Not get taken over by Airtran. I fly almost weekly for work and Midwest is by far the best airline out there. Continental is second to them. You say Midwest sucks for pay and treats their employees like crap? Take a look at any other Airline out there. Southwest is probably the only decent airline to work for. I have friends that are Pilots for every major airline and everyone says the same stuff. Work sucks, pay sucks, company sucks. But they still do it. Why? because the work doesn't suck and the pay only sucks for the first few years. I personally cant wait to finally fly again, after a few years you only fly 10 to 15 days a month and make 60-100k a year. And thats just the average pilot. I like Midwest and hopefully after a few years, can move back and fly for them.

What do you fly? I had a Cessna 170..

fly5150
05-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Hey, I am just relaying what my experience was and what my bestfriend, whom is a check airmen, has said to me.

Rick

You are right, but right now all the airlines are tight. I think the same can be said for every other airline out there.

Holeshot
05-25-2007, 07:53 PM
I fly em all LOL I just put on my head phones or watch a move on my laptop. I would like a direct flight to Charlotte though as I hit NC a lot

lasttimearound
05-26-2007, 12:56 AM

Rick

yes, midwest had a plane go down... almost every airline has. its tragic, but still safer than other forms. as far as Midwest just getting out of ch11 or whatever, they never were in it, one of the only ones that wasnt, and they were actually one of the furthest from it. yes they were losing money, but midwest connect was still MAKING money. WAY MORE THAN OTHER AIRLINES. also, when airtran first announced their intentions, they stock was below the value of midwest's. uncle timmy as you call him didnt make shit out of the outsourcing, no one on the 'inside' did, only the airline did. you call it outsourcing, but how is it outsourcing when you use your own employees to do it? midwest connect is part of midwest remember? now, ask your friend, the check airman how he feels going backwards in seniority. or what about the people at HQ who will lose their jobs or be forced to lose 20 years or more of seniority? sounds like a shitty deal to me. they say they will be adding jobs, but not the ones that benefit the economy the most, they will be adding rampers and groomers or other entry level jobs. laying off people of high level positions and adding entry level is one of the biggest causes of underemployment currently. air tran does pay better, but they are also bigger to the point that you lose a lot of the personal touch that many employees love about midwest. now, i can understand being pissed about losing your job as a ramper... but thats an entry level job there are so many more of them out there. shit happens. i agree the laying off of the midwest ramp sucked. but it made them the money to combat gas prices. im sure you would do what you needed to do to help you stay in business. what bugs me is people who get laid off, automatically hate their former place of employment. grow up, the job paid 9 bucks an hour... go work at UPS or something.

fireguyrick
05-26-2007, 02:45 AM
grow up, the job paid 9 bucks an hour... go work at UPS or something.

I was going to respond to this, but I tell you what, I will not. All I will say is this comment you have made here surely shows me how smart you are. If you are dumb enough to think that I worked at Midwest for anything other then the flight benefits you are just dumb. I have not had a job that paid less then $18 hr as my primary source of income since I left the military. I was not upset for me, but rather for those that were told over and over again that they would not give up the best Ramp agents in the airline industry. How much money did Midwest make with adding the inhouse meals?

I seriously wonder what level of knowledge you have about Midwest airlines, apparently not much with regards to how employees feel.

Anyways, I think Midwest learned something when they switched over to Connect for ramp agents. There was a pretty substantial change to the baggage mishandle rate (and not in a positive manner).

Hey, believe what you want, that is the benefit to being ignorant.:flipoff2:

Rick

lasttimearound
05-28-2007, 09:38 PM
well you tell me, my father has worked there since the begining, i worked for midwest on the ramp, when they switched to the connect rampers i went over there (following the benefits). yes it sucked, but since most everyone worked there for the benefits, what does a .50 pay cut matter? yeah, the losing seniority sucked, but we (the people who went to connect) used the non-rev skills we had learned over the years. sorry if i sounded pissed, its just frusterating to hear people want to burn this company so bad.

88Nightmare
05-28-2007, 09:53 PM
well im gonna throw my change in here

7 years ago Midwest was kickin ass and taking names. They were my first choice to go anywhere by plane. After 9/11, they have done so much to save money by cutting corners it isnt even funny. My mother worked for them for 7 years. I got lots of information from her about the company, being as she worked for them and got a whole different perspective. They laid off/fired/dismissed a lot of their employees that were making decent money to bring in a younger crowd of idiots that will work for $7 or $8 bucks an hour. Their whole gate/ground crew workin outside was all outsourced for people who work for $7 or $8 bucks an hour. Now I know they need to save money, but do you think people workin for $8 bucks an hour really give a shit about their job? Their customer service has gone downhill. All the flights to popular destinations no longer have the nice comfy leather seats. They now sit 5 across and are standard coach style seating. For the same money, you can fly plenty of other airlines. Personally, if you can afford it, American Airlines first class ftw.

Karps TA
05-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Well after seeing their new seating changes that were annouced today, Air Tran might as well buy them. They have decided to ditch the whole 2 extra wide seat thing. Now you can pay extra for the wider seats or save money by sitting in the std 3 across seating. Hmmm gee that sounds alot like having 1st class and coach now doesn't it?

So they pretty much closed the door on the whole reason to fly them.

badass88gt
05-29-2007, 07:59 PM
I wonder how that will affect my 2 wide seats for July? They better not screw me.

300pny
05-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Well after seeing their new seating changes that were annouced today, Air Tran might as well buy them. They have decided to ditch the whole 2 extra wide seat thing. Now you can pay extra for the wider seats or save money by sitting in the std 3 across seating. Hmmm gee that sounds alot like having 1st class and coach now doesn't it?

So they pretty much closed the door on the whole reason to fly them.

Where did you see that?

Karps TA
05-29-2007, 08:04 PM
I wonder how that will affect my 2 wide seats for July? They better not screw me.

It'll take them a while to change all the planes. So I bet you're okay.

I just don't get all the cost cutting. It's not like the planes aren't full. I can't even remember the last time I wasn't on a plane that was completely full. It has to be a couple years. And I know from the amount of travel they do at my work, along with friends of mine who travel, it's not like everyone is getting $150 tickets.

Now the tickets aren't exactly cheap, the planes are full, and you're lucky to get a $.30 bag of peanuts and a whole can of coke on the flight. So that's costing them less then $1 of the fair.

300pny
05-29-2007, 08:05 PM
It'll take them a while to change all the planes. So I bet you're okay.

I just don't get all the cost cutting. It's not like the planes aren't full. I can't even remember the last time I wasn't on a plane that was completely full. It has to be a couple years. And I know from the amount of travel they do at my work, along with friends of mine who travel, it's not like everyone is getting $150 tickets.

Now the tickets aren't exactly cheap, the planes are full, and you're lucky to get a $.30 bag of peanuts and a whole can of coke on the flight. So that's costing them less then $1 of the fair.

Where did oyu see this annouement? I don't see anything about this???

Karps TA
05-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Where did you see that?

JSonline, in the daily headlines area

"Midwest Airlines said today it will offer lower fares-on narrower seats-along with its more expensive wide seats on all flights.

Midwest Airlines said the dual-seating arrangement is the next phase of the growth plan for Midwest Air Group Inc., which operates Midwest Airlines and the Midwest Connect regional carrier.

The new seating plan combines the two-across seats, which Midwest Airlines used to build its reputation for customer service, with the narrower three-across seats, which Midwest Airlines began offering in recent years on flights to leisure destinations. Both seating plans will be available this fall on flights on the airline's MD-80 aircraft, and in mid-2008 on the carrier's larger Boeing 717 fleet."

300pny
05-29-2007, 08:07 PM
If its just cheaper of cheaper seats Ill just pay regular and sit in the nice seats. Works for me

Karps TA
05-29-2007, 08:13 PM
That's just clever corporate speak. They will jack up the prices on the one side, but keep them lower then typical first/business class so they don't have to provide the service of a first class.

300pny
05-29-2007, 08:20 PM
That's just clever corporate speak. They will jack up the prices on the one side, but keep them lower then typical first/business class so they don't have to provide the service of a first class.

Have to wait and see I guess. With gass prices the way they are prob wont matter either way they will prob go up!