PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Thought

GRAMPS SS
05-25-2007, 06:58 AM
THIS WAS PASSED ON TO ME...I THOUGHT IT WAS INTERESTING....JUST MY OPINON....DON'T READ INTO WHAT YOU DON'T SEE........

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as they see fit. In order to get that paycheck...I am required to pass a random urine test, which I have no problem with.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check, because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sit on their ass. Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

88Nightmare
05-25-2007, 07:44 AM
thats definitely an idea that can be agreed with. then again think about the cost of testing though... would the money saved from filtering out the drug users outweigh the cost of testing?

Poncho
05-25-2007, 08:08 AM
i didn't have to pass a urine test?

300pny
05-25-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm not a fan of welfare, but NM has a good point the testing isn't cheap

Breecher_7
05-25-2007, 08:32 AM
This is a great point, I fully support the need for urine testing to recieve ANY money from welfare to unemployment.

Feature Pony
05-25-2007, 09:27 AM
in michigan they make you pay back all the money they give you, that's what Michael Moore's crappy movie was about, blaming the system for holding people down cause they don't want to work. I feel that there should be no welfare and that people should get off their a$$es and start making a living.

300pny
05-25-2007, 09:33 AM
in michigan they make you pay back all the money they give you, that's what Michael Moore's crappy movie was about, blaming the system for holding people down cause they don't want to work. I feel that there should be no welfare and that people should get off their a$$es and start making a living.

X100^^^^ Rather see money go tward education and training for them not just "free money"

PureSound15
05-25-2007, 09:50 AM
I don't see how it isn't cheap. Those multicolored strips are just dipped into your urine and the color it changes to signifies the result.

I think it's an awesome idea.

300pny
05-25-2007, 09:58 AM
I don't see how it isn't cheap. Those multicolored strips are just dipped into your urine and the color it changes to signifies the result.

I think it's an awesome idea.

Not jus the sticks but the lab tech you have to pay all the freakin paperwork. The person that adminstrates the test...The list goes on!
Freoderdt charged my last company 500 bucks for a simple test. and shopping around that was about average

PureSound15
05-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Well I suppose, but the money you would save by keeping it out of the hangs of the lazy would help pay for it for now.

But like everything, I'm sure "they" would find a way around the test.

Waver
05-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Giving money for un employment is one thing, because you have to have worked inorder to get it, however having babys, being fat, ect just to get money for nothing is bullshit.....take uit awy from them, that is the only way some people will get the hint that they need to work for what they have....

Case in point, how the **** can someone on welfare own an escilade????? Someone came into my work driving one, looking at a computer, and said that they had to wait to get it because they were waiting on their monthly check.....and not a ss check eigther....

HP ADDICT
05-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Jobs requires piss tests for insurance reasons and company policy. Has nothing to do with the state. But yeah phuck lazy people on welfare.

GRAMPS SS
05-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Not jus the sticks but the lab tech you have to pay all the freakin paperwork. The person that adminstrates the test...The list goes on!
Freoderdt charged my last company 500 bucks for a simple test. and shopping around that was about average

you don't need a lab tech to read a color change in a strip of paper....and there is not that much paper work to go along with it...call me wrong...my wife is in the medical field...
simple you come in..piss in a cup...dip the strip...you pass or you fail..you enter it in the computor..you fail...find your lazy ass a job...you pass...still find your lazy ass a job

88Nightmare
05-25-2007, 05:37 PM
yeah, like nick said, for unemployment, you must have had worked and earned a certain amount in one quarter of the year to quality, and even then, your previous employer in the long run foots the bill for your unemployment claim. welfare is totally different, and should no longer exist. call me racist or whatever you want, but a majority of the people collecting welfare are of black/african american decent, and thats statistics speaking.... they cant keep claiming racial differences/injustices forever, that shit is gettin worn out and overplayed. there are many rich african american people aside from rappers. they can be employed and educated just like anyone else. they can do it as well as us and they can do it better then us, its all about self motivation. if they can collect free money, where is the motivation to better themselves......?

GRAMPS SS
05-25-2007, 06:58 PM
^^mike that is there motivation..they would rather collect off the state then find a frecken job...they do need there sleep you know...there alarm clock is the mail box being filled with this months free cash flow...and don't anyone one get rightous on me...my son goes to a private lutheran school so he don't have to go to milwaukee public school system...enough said....i pay the big money..and our govenor has the choice program with no cap, where they get in for free because they don't work....thats bullshit to me..for those who don't agree with me..i'm sorry...but thats my OPINION...take it..or leave it...and they get to drive new HUMMERS and ESCALADES....while i have the ROUSH wagon....time for the laws to be changed....rant over

Yooformula
05-25-2007, 08:37 PM
yeah, like nick said, for unemployment, you must have had worked and earned a certain amount in one quarter of the year to quality, and even then, your previous employer in the long run foots the bill for your unemployment claim.

No they dont. people come in for a job work for about 2-3 weeks then quit. employers have to prove that they had hours to be worked and that the quit was legitimate. If the employers blows this off THEN they pay otherwise the state will foot the bill until they find a new job. All they have to do there is prove that they were looking for a job. That means, they come in, ask you to sign then they turn in a list of the names that they claime to be have asked for a job. Needless to say, they HATE me:rolf I actually try to give them a bs interview which by the way, they DONT want, then I tell em to f off and HELL NO I wont sign your freebie sheet.

Holeshot
05-25-2007, 11:14 PM
I actually try to give them a bs interview which by the way, they DONT want, then I tell em to f off and HELL NO I wont sign your freebie sheet.

^^^^ As it should be. ^^^

No one has any work ethics anymore. Its all about as much $$ for as little or no work as possible. Get your lazy ass off the couch /porch and stop sucking of my hard earned tax money. Why is it my responsibility to support your ass. I didn't father you.:mad:

hrsp
05-25-2007, 11:40 PM
people who dont work shouldnt get shit..period...

but i do feel bad for "WORKING" mothers who have no dad around for whatever reason...who actually work there ass off to try and support there family....i have no problem if we (tax payers) help them until the dipshit dad can be had for soem greenbacks....

now if you have 30 kids thats a whole diff story....lol

Al
05-26-2007, 02:29 AM
thats definitely an idea that can be agreed with. then again think about the cost of testing though... would the money saved from filtering out the drug users outweigh the cost of testing?

It costs more to keep the room illuminated in which the mass spectometer is kept than to scan someones piss with the machine. A small office with 5 employees could handle the whole state w/o a problem.

This whole "dip strip" is very specific to a few chemicals. in fact, they cost more than a scanner in the long run.

Post-College thinking:
Start a company in the Milwaukee area that provides drug testing for $10 per person. Even though I could charge alot more than this and get away with it, I am more concerned about my fellow tax-paying citizens!

^I could become very rich off of this concept!