PDA

View Full Version : Very interesting day yesterday....

Heat Seeker WS6
05-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Had some free time in Madison yesterday so after visiting AMS on King James Way- they do high end home & car audio & video I then went next door to check out Performance Plus. I had no intention on stopping there- I just saw a few mustangs in front of this place so decided walk in. Heck, I've never even heard of this place before. http://www.performance-plus.com They work on Fords. As I walk in thier front door I look up and see mine & my car's picture above thier main doorway leading into thier salesfloor!:wooo They had the article taken from the Sept, '03 issue of Popular Hottrodding issue that covered the former Road America event and also had an spread featuring a local Doug Rippie C5, Chicago Viper GTS, '00 Cobra R and then mine mounted on a sweet wood bezel w/ lexan covering it! The main pitcure was taken from the start/finish bridge of the 4 of us standing next to our cars parked on the front straight at RA. The page covering Fred's '00 R was in the 3rd frame of the mounting. Whover did this mounting did a heck of a job. I was asked by the lady at the counter if I needed help and all I could do was point up and shriek, "No f'n way.. thats me!!". I was in a slight state of shock for a few minutes.
This shop as I found out fully maintains Fred Fetzer's '00 Cobra R and does some work on Bruce Cameron's '00 R as well. You guys that road race & etc know these names. I spoke with Doug Mellum, the owner and he was a very nice guy. These guys work on ALOT of drag cars & canyon carvers.
The shop is definately worth a stop at if anyone is in the Madison area. :headbang

TURTLE
05-23-2007, 10:59 AM
AMS, are you moving out to madison?

Heat Seeker WS6
05-23-2007, 11:38 AM
AMS, are you moving out to madison?

No, but I just turned down relocation to Peoria, IL for American. If I showed the interest for the madison market to AMS, Im sure he'd make me an offer though.

Teufelhunden
05-23-2007, 12:08 PM
No, but I just turned down relocation to Peoria, IL for American.Wise choice my friend. I travel down there for work, not much there.

84hurst
05-23-2007, 12:55 PM
that picture must have been taken before trying to climb a telephone pole! :rolf j/k