PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know where to get this stuff

Feature Pony
05-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Looking for this stuff local, I know a lot of guys that used this liquid clay bar and had great results with it, just wondering if anybody saw this local so I can just go and buy it and not wait for shipping.
http://icepolish.com/

Breecher_7
05-21-2007, 05:34 PM
This was recently discussed. Mixed reviews, bottom line, its a pain in the ass.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21645

Wal Mart, Farm Fleet, Autozone.......they all have it. The Ice polish itself I used on my truck last weekend. Very easy to use, dont have to worry about plastic trim. Great shine, we will see about durability.........

pickardracing
05-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Some of the worst shit I've ever used.

Zaino or NXT FTW

300pny
05-21-2007, 09:55 PM
I saw it at farm and beef on Rawson. Can't recall the price

Feature Pony
05-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Some of the worst shit I've ever used.

Zaino or NXT FTW

Your the body guy what would take off fall out from the rail road when the car was shipped. In my yellow paint you can see the black little specs in the paint.

300pny
05-21-2007, 10:04 PM
My wifes car had white overspray and the bar did a great job

pickardracing
05-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Your the body guy what would take off fall out from the rail road when the car was shipped. In my yellow paint you can see the black little specs in the paint.

Are we talking about Turtle Wax Ice crap? Cause that's the impression I was under.

In any case- Mothers makes a clay bar system thats readily available. The clay that is in the kit is quite mild though, so depending on the severity of the rail dust you may have to visit a body supply store to get somehting a bit more aggressive.

Be warned though- any clay thats much more aggressive than the Mothers kit stuff will probably require you to high-speed buff the clayed areas afterwards. Any clay you buy must be lubricated with a quick detailer spray. (all the Mothers kit is, is a clay bar and their quick detailer)

Either way, the process is a pain in the ass.

300pny
05-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Are we talking about Turtle Wax Ice crap? Cause that's the impression I was under.

In any case- Mothers makes a clay bar system thats readily available. The clay that is in the kit is quite mild though, so depending on the severity of the rail dust you may have to visit a body supply store to get somehting a bit more aggressive.

Be warned though- any clay thats much more aggressive than the Mothers kit stuff will probably require you to high-speed buff the clayed areas afterwards. Any clay you buy must be lubricated with a quick detailer spray. (all the Mothers kit is, is a clay bar and their quick detailer)

Either way, the process is a pain in the ass.

Its definately a pain and time consuming. Feature I have a buffer you can borrow. PM me if you needed it.