PDA

View Full Version : License Plates.

03CVLX
05-21-2007, 08:46 AM
The Journal-Sentinel has mentioned that the state budget committee voted in approval 9 to 7 to only issue rear license plates for vehicles. Unfortunately it makes no mention of when this may take effect or if it was signed into law or not. I sure hope it passes as I hate having to deal with front plates.

Here is the article it is mostly about the upcoming changes to drivers licenses in the state but the plates are mentioned under the heading "In other budget developments Thursday" at the very end of the article.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=607401

Slow Joe
05-21-2007, 08:52 AM
That'd be nice, and not nice... I like to take my front plates and put 'em on the wall :rolf

Car Guy
05-21-2007, 09:05 AM
About TIME...!!! :headbang

I can't help but to think of the time my Dad and I were pulled over in his GN. [We were on Hwy 100 @ about 8:30 (only to get home), we were doing the speed limit, and driving like an old lady.] We both get on the cop asking why he pulled us over, he said no front plate and I (me) took off my seatbelt after we stopped so I got a ticket for that :flipoff2:. We start debating him on the front plate, and he gives one reason as follows. "If someone was to rear end you and they decided to run, odds are there front plate would fall off and that's how we'd track them down." At the time I said OK, maybe that’s a good reason....but now that I think about it that has to be the biggest load of crap I have ever heard.....

How many times do you think the front plate is actually going to fall off, and if someone hits you hard enough for their plate TO fall off >>> THEY'RE NOT DRIVING OFF ANYWAYS...!!! That’s if they ever decide to run in the first place…..:rolleyes:

:banana1::banana1::banana1:

Feature Pony
05-21-2007, 09:08 AM
How many times do you think the front plate is actually going to fall off, and if someone hits you hard enough for their plate TO fall off >>> THEY'RE NOT DRIVING OFF ANYWAYS...!!! That’s if they ever decide to run in the first place…..:rolleyes:

Yeah and if they do drive off 9 times out of 10 the car is stolen or the plates are stolen!

Neal Steffek
05-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Yeah and if they do drive off 9 times out of 10 the car is stolen or the plates are stolen!

BINGO!

Larrygto
05-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Good maybe I can finally patch the holes in my bumper, cause I know if I fix them now I'll get pulled over the next day!

Crawlin
05-21-2007, 10:23 AM
That's how Ahman Green got caught with his accident in his Escalade or whatever. He spun off the road late at night and took out a mailbox or something. His front plate came off the car and that's how they tracked him down. I remember it being a BIG story a couple years ago

Silver350
05-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Hell I havent had my front plate on my truck for like three years now.

SmokinRAM114
05-21-2007, 10:46 AM
we have front liscence plates? lol I never had one on for the 5 years ive been driving hahaha

Car Guy
05-21-2007, 02:08 PM
That's how Ahman Green got caught with his accident in his Escalade or whatever. He spun off the road late at night and took out a mailbox or something. His front plate came off the car and that's how they tracked him down. I remember it being a BIG story a couple years ago

I remember that, I'm not saying it doesn't happen but not that often.....

SlowStee
05-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Ive never run a front plate on any of my cars.

300pny
05-21-2007, 04:26 PM
About TIME...!!! :headbang

I can't help but to think of the time my Dad and I were pulled over in his GN. [We were on Hwy 100 @ about 8:30 (only to get home), we were doing the speed limit, and driving like an old lady.] We both get on the cop asking why he pulled us over, he said no front plate and I (me) took off my seatbelt after we stopped so I got a ticket for that :flipoff2:. We start debating him on the front plate, and he gives one reason as follows. "If someone was to rear end you and they decided to run, odds are there front plate would fall off and that's how we'd track them down." At the time I said OK, maybe that’s a good reason....but now that I think about it that has to be the biggest load of crap I have ever heard.....

Cops have the tools to enforce and not many to debate.

hrsp
05-21-2007, 04:38 PM
yipeeeee

redpony06
05-21-2007, 05:25 PM
I dont like having a front plate on my car either. When i bought my pony that was the first thing to come off the car. Front license plates just dont look right on some vehicles.:thumbsup