PDA

View Full Version : WHY..Parking lights

300pny
05-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Why do people drive around with parking lights on? They are for when your parked. Looks just as bad in pictures. Looks like your car is broke and can't aford to get it fixed.

theavenger333
05-20-2007, 10:23 PM
also known as Running lights. nice job

nismodave
05-20-2007, 10:24 PM
If you have to ask, you wont understand.

PureSound15
05-20-2007, 10:25 PM
I think that depending on the car, running lights and driving/foglights can look pretty badass.

300pny
05-20-2007, 10:29 PM
I guess I wouldn't don't have the Neon glowing either

stowsea
05-20-2007, 11:24 PM
If you have to ask, you wont understand.
What's a ZJ?
if you dont know what it is you cant afford it

stowsea
05-20-2007, 11:24 PM
I guess I wouldn't don't have the Neon glowing either

dont be hatin on the neon

lilws6
05-21-2007, 08:00 AM
In the T/A i run around all daywith the "parking" lights on with my fog lights. I think the T/A's look bad ass with just those on. Also to help you with your unability to know whats going on Almost all newer cars have the daytime running lights in the "parking" lights now days like mine can't turn em off. well i can jump relays and stuff and get them off but the average consumer is not even going to know about that. So in conclusion A) Its cool B)you should not be allowed to ask stupid questions and C)Almost all newer cars have daytime running lights that work off of the "parking" lights

Goat Roper
05-21-2007, 08:02 AM
My van's daytime running lights ARE the "parking lights" so I don't really have a choice.

97z2801ss
05-21-2007, 09:30 AM
beats having a hyndai Tibby with the passanger turn signals on 24.7 even with the car off I now have 3 friends that have the same problem and none of them will go pay to get it fix. ohh well

juicedimpss
05-21-2007, 09:33 AM
pimp lights ftw

BAD LS1
05-21-2007, 09:37 AM
98 + formula's with the DRL's (super brigh PL's) and fogs on at dusk look just sinister coming at you in the distance

Poncho
05-21-2007, 11:34 AM
I think they're so badass I'm getting a kit that makes my parking lights the DRLs instead of my headlights, since my car uses the headlights for the DRLSs (which are disbled for my HIDs anyway)

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/
then click on Daytime Running Light Kits.

Breecher_7
05-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Why do people drive around with parking lights on? They are for when your parked. Looks just as bad in pictures. Looks like your car is broke and can't aford to get it fixed.

Although I think that your a douchebag, i will agree with you here. I do not see the point, either your lights are on or off........

Nix
05-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Even though he is a douchebag I don't agree with him, I think it just looks pretty cool. Also you can ask whats the point of using your Fog light when there is no fog? Again I think it looks pretty cool :thumbsup

GRM-REPR
05-21-2007, 12:28 PM
This has got to be one of the dumbest threads ever posted on BCM.....You are a post whore indeed.

That is all......

Sincerely

Jon........

281Cubes
05-21-2007, 01:37 PM
See sig pic for my vote. :banana1:

300pny
05-21-2007, 04:33 PM
dont be hatin on the neon

Just not my thang, Either way I shoved enough money in my car this year.

300pny
05-21-2007, 04:34 PM
This has got to be one of the dumbest threads ever posted on BCM.....You are a post whore indeed.

That is all......

Sincerely

Jon........

Cant be all that dumb if people (includinig yourself) take the time to reply

300pny
05-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Although I think that your a douchebag, i will agree with you here. I do not see the point, either your lights are on or off........

LOL ok assuming you know me. What a Joke

Poncho
05-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Just not my thang, Either way I shoved enough money in my car this year.

I can't wait to see this mystical 515hp car.

Mssplayboybunie
05-21-2007, 05:04 PM
His car does really fly...I rode in it :thumbsup very nice car must see to believe ;)

GRM-REPR
05-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Cant be all that dumb if people (includinig yourself) take the time to reply

Which must make you the dumbest yet, seeing as how you started this ridiculously meaningless thread (must be your thang'), and by you replying to my post on this dumb thread.:)

Again, you are a post whore indeed.

Hugs and Kisses.....

Jon....

300pny
05-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Which must make you the dumbest yet, seeing as how you started this ridiculously meaningless thread (must be your thang'), and by you replying to my post on this dumb thread.:)

Again, you are a post whore indeed.

Hugs and Kisses.....

Jon....

Come on Dinner and drinks first before the hugs and kisses. Well I don't find the thread dumb. Must not be too meanless if your taking the time to respond and read through it. If it was "dumb" you would have passed right by it. Yea somethings are my Thang and some arent. Got anymore brain busters over there?

Nix
05-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Come on Dinner and drinks first before the hugs and kisses. Well I don't find the thread dumb. Must not be too meanless if your taking the time to respond and read through it. If it was "dumb" you would have passed right by it. Yea somethings are my Thang and some arent. Got anymore brain busters over there?

I believe that now he among others are now using it as entertainment now for the simple fact that people are getting a rise out of you.:)

300pny
05-21-2007, 05:47 PM
I can't wait to see this mystical 515hp car.

If your ever on the southside let me know be happy to show ya

300pny
05-21-2007, 05:50 PM
I believe that now he among others are now using it as entertainment now for the simple fact that people are getting a rise out of you.:)

Isn't it entertaining for all?

Nix
05-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Isn't it entertaining for all?

I believe for some not all, why not make another thread and put a poll in it next time. Just some food for thought since after you mentioned dinner in a previous post now Im hungry.

Time to get some grub, I'll check back in on your progress when I get a moment :thumbsup

Poncho
05-21-2007, 06:12 PM
not calling BS, I just wanna see and ride. i love mustangs.

Yooformula
05-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Nix, you shouldnt post anymore until you post up more pics of the chick in your avatar.

300pny
05-21-2007, 06:13 PM
not calling BS, I just wanna see and ride. i love mustangs.
Oh, not saying ya are. Just if you are in the area and wanna take a peak let me know.

300pny
05-21-2007, 06:16 PM
I believe for some not all, why not make another thread and put a poll in it next time. Just some food for thought since after you mentioned dinner in a previous post now Im hungry.

Time to get some grub, I'll check back in on your progress when I get a moment :thumbsup

Maybe..the last poll with my name in it didn't go so well (got banned or locked or something)...Nice Avatar, just if it were a hair cooler

GRM-REPR
05-21-2007, 07:18 PM

I technically should be giving you some sort of intelligence test, seeing as how you posted up such a mindless (like yourself) thread.:(

Lash
05-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Nix, you shouldnt post anymore until you post up more pics of the chick in your avatar.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

300pny
05-21-2007, 07:24 PM
I technically should be giving you some sort of intelligence test, seeing as how you posted up such a mindless (like yourself) thread.:(

I feel quite confident in my intelligence and will pass on your so called "test". Now why you keep posting on a thread you find "mindless" and unintelligent ironically appears mindless itself.

nismodave
05-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Here is another one for 300postsperday to respond to.

Enjoy.

GRM-REPR
05-21-2007, 07:30 PM
I feel quite confident in my intelligence and will pass on your so called "test". Now why you keep posting on a thread you find "mindless" and unintelligent ironically appears mindless itself.

No, really, I think you need some sort of further education. You try to speak so eloquently and with "smarts", in all honesty, a goon like you should realize you NEED to understand what things mean before you can go using it.

Dinner with you sounds good. Where did you want to go? Maybe you can show up in your 300pony....You're buying though.:thumbsup

300pny
05-21-2007, 07:33 PM
No, really, I think you need some sort of further education. You try to speak so eloquently and with "smarts", in all honesty, a goon like you should realize you NEED to understand what things mean before you can go using it.

Dinner with you sounds good. Where did you want to go? Maybe you can show up in your 300pony....You're buying though.:thumbsup

How about some examples of what I do not understand. Enlighten me. Where ya wanna go for dinner? Not culvers! I can do wings at hooters. 2 for on thursdays.

lemme know

FANAT1C
05-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Whats wrong with culvers?

Firefighter Z
05-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Culvers doesnt have half naked women running around.

GRM-REPR
05-21-2007, 07:45 PM
How about some examples of what I do not understand. Enlighten me. Where ya wanna go for dinner? Not culvers! I can do wings at hooters. 2 for on thursdays.

lemme know

I personally believe you don't use your noodle enough. I was just in another thread and was reading some of your stupid comments on a carshow in Lomira and thought to myself "Where does he come up with this crap?"

Ever since you came to this site you have posted some pretty dumbass crap. You butchered my vehicle appraisal thread with your tomfoolery "I'm the only one that uses that term", and you took a dump on the Mexicans putting our flag on upside down below theirs'. I havent paid any attention to anything you have said since until I saw that moronic thread of yours about DRL/Parking lamps.

But fine, you're free to post whatever you want, too bad none of it has any relevance to anything important.

For something that is not serious, check out my thread in the media/videos forum, it is a fart spoof on Lord of the Rings. Now that is mindless, funny, and stupid all at the same time. You need to distinguish:thumbsup

What is wrong with Culvers?

I'm more of a sit down style restaurant coniseur myself? Any suggestions?

300pny
05-21-2007, 07:45 PM

Ding Ding we have a winner!!!

FANAT1C
05-21-2007, 07:48 PM
:confused

I'm old, married, and we have our third child coming this Dec.
The thought of boobies will only produce another kid. :goof

300pny
05-21-2007, 07:50 PM
:confused

I'm old, married, and we have our third child coming this Dec.
The thought of boobies will only produce another kid. :goof

LSHIPMP:rolf:rolf:rolf

FANAT1C
05-21-2007, 07:53 PM
300 you definitely prove yourself.

300pny
05-21-2007, 08:06 PM
I personally believe you don't use your noodle enough. I was just in another thread and was reading some of your stupid comments on a carshow in Lomira and thought to myself "Where does he come up with this crap?"

Ever since you came to this site you have posted some pretty dumbass crap. You butchered my vehicle appraisal thread with your tomfoolery "I'm the only one that uses that term", and you took a dump on the Mexicans putting our flag on upside down below theirs'. I havent paid any attention to anything you have said since until I saw that moronic thread of yours about DRL/Parking lamps.

But fine, you're free to post whatever you want, too bad none of it has any relevance to anything important.

For something that is not serious, check out my thread in the media/videos forum, it is a fart spoof on Lord of the Rings. Now that is mindless, funny, and stupid all at the same time. You need to distinguish:thumbsup

What is wrong with Culvers?

I'm more of a sit down style restaurant coniseur myself? Any suggestions?

I don't beleive I buchered you Car on the apraisal. Just was trying to make a point but its hard on a thread you can't hear tone of voice, expressions ect. Yes I have strong opinions when it comes to Civil liberties and was expressing them. I am a member of the ACLU and a Libertarian simply stating mine and many others beleifs. Not saying you need to agree once again posting a simply opinion thats different than yours. People like to slander opinions such as mine cause thats the easy way out. Saying someone is a dumbass, or Douchbag for having an opinion is an easy way out. More difficult to accually defend your beleif. Not that you don't defend yours but most around here rather just say "what a dumbass" which is fine too dosn't bother me. Sit down style, if you like italian Decarlo's on Oak Creek Rocks!!

Culvers, I rarely eat there just don't care for it.

GRM-REPR
05-21-2007, 08:09 PM
I don't beleive I buchered you Car on the apraisal. Just was trying to make a point but its hard on a thread you can't hear tone of voice, expressions ect. Yes I have strong opinions when it comes to Civil liberties and was expressing them. I am a member of the ACLU and a Libertarian simply stating mine and many others beleifs. Not saying you need to agree once again posting a simply opinion thats different than yours. People like to slander opinions such as mine cause thats the easy way out. Saying someone is a dumbass, or Douchbag for having an opinion is an easy way out. More difficult to accually defend your beleif. Not that you don't defend yours but most around here rather just say "what a dumbass" which is fine too dosn't bother me. Sit down style, if you like italian Decarlo's on Oak Creek Rocks!!

Culvers, I rarely eat there just don't care for it.

Now that response is spot on, :thumbsup. I knew you had it in you. Thanks for the explanation.

O.C area, I'm unfamiliar. Hooters is eh. Culvers is for Hway. Where to go, where to go??? D'Marini's in Bayview, best pizza in the Milwaukee area.

dr doom
05-21-2007, 08:14 PM
this thread is totally pointless and this guy is a moron.

300pny
05-21-2007, 08:16 PM
this thread is totally pointless and this guy is a moron.

don't call him that he's buyin me dinner

300pny
05-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Now that response is spot on, :thumbsup. I knew you had it in you. Thanks for the explanation.

O.C area, I'm unfamiliar. Hooters is eh. Culvers is for Hway. Where to go, where to go??? D'Marini's in Bayview, best pizza in the Milwaukee area.

Yeahhhhh You get it!!

GRM-REPR
05-21-2007, 08:19 PM
don't call him that he's buyin me dinner

Hahahahaha, be careful, he is my buddy. He is talking to you! :rolf

300pny
05-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Careful? You still should buy me dinner IMO

GRM-REPR
05-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Careful? You still should buy me dinner IMO

I'm a cheap date, I don't want to spend more than $20!

dr doom
05-21-2007, 08:24 PM
i didnt call GRm a moron, i called you a moron 300pny. you are not funny. you are stupid.

300pny
05-21-2007, 08:27 PM
i didnt call GRm a moron, i called you a moron 300pny. you are not funny. you are stupid.

OK I'm stupid. Like you know me. But good one Im a moron

88Nightmare
05-21-2007, 09:50 PM

yea they do, they go to middle school and ride along with the ricers.

besides, hooters has shitass food. the girls arent all that good to look at anyway, big deal. The shit is overplayed there. I could go down to any park along the lake on a nice day and see chicks lookin 500 times better then waitresses at hooters.

Reverend Cooper
05-21-2007, 09:52 PM
ok...know how i know your gay^

88Nightmare
05-21-2007, 10:20 PM
dude seriously. its the same ol shit every time at hooters. shitty food with some underage chick in boyshorts delivering it to ya. yawn.

hrsp
05-21-2007, 10:39 PM
tis tyhread is all over the place....time to lock....

88Nightmare
05-21-2007, 10:42 PM
shut up, your silverado is slow. but I bet it could beat neuwaves stang :D

u_say_go
05-21-2007, 10:43 PM
kinda like going to Silk...same old story there too. Cold beer, big fake b00bies smackin' me in the face. I gotta stop going there, what a waste!

Nix
05-21-2007, 10:44 PM

I'm sorry guys I have no idea where or how to find this chick. I just happened to stumble upon her in this avatar and had to make it my own:thumbsup

Nix
05-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Maybe..the last poll with my name in it didn't go so well (got banned or locked or something)...Nice Avatar, just if it were a hair cooler

Hmmmmm, I wonder why? Ya don't say...:D

300pny
05-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Hmmmmm, I wonder why? Ya don't say...:D

Some people here don't apparently like opinions that aren't mainstream. Which is kewl in it's own way.:shades

281Cubes
05-23-2007, 12:23 AM
kinda like going to Silk...same old story there too. Cold beer, big fake b00bies smackin' me in the face. I gotta stop going there, what a waste!

Maybe go one more time and I'll join ya. ha ha I hear it's decent. Gotta see for myself one of these days.

Flicktitty
05-23-2007, 02:47 AM
i usually always have them on in my truck, My brothers started doing that around when they were younger so i just wanted to be like them and it just started sticking lol

GRAMPS SS
05-23-2007, 07:17 AM
^^^^your right flick..back in the day it was the thing to do....why, i don't know or care.we just did it..maybe 300 posts can tell why it all started back then...but maybe he's not old enough to speak on that subject, but i'm sure he has his opinion on it....

Deggy
05-23-2007, 10:47 AM
my car has daytime running lights....but yeah some cars looks amazing with the parking lights on. like someone said they drive around with the parking lights on the T/A on. That looks badass.

300pny
05-23-2007, 04:50 PM
^^^^I saw this POS car once then the parking lights came on and OMG it looked fabulous... Are you kidding me?

300pny
05-23-2007, 04:54 PM
^^^^your right flick..back in the day it was the thing to do....why, i don't know or care.we just did it..maybe 300 posts can tell why it all started back then...but maybe he's not old enough to speak on that subject, but i'm sure he has his opinion on it....

Don't know when it started just think it looks Goofy. I don't know when it started so I couln't say if I am old enough. Al Gore invent it?

GRM-REPR
05-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Don't know when it started just think it looks Goofy. I don't know when it started so I couln't say if I am old enough. Al Gore invent it?

Hey, don't knock ol' Al Gore, remember....he invented the internet, and is leading the whole world on "global warming":rolf

Flicktitty
05-23-2007, 05:35 PM
^^^^I saw this POS car once then the parking lights came on and OMG it looked fabulous... Are you kidding me?

no i think he ment some cars look better with them on.

Brian98GTP
05-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Well, my car has the parking lights as the DRL's and I dont think its too big of a deal because it seems all the later GM cars have that.

What I dont understand, is when people have their FOG LIGHTS on during the day. :confused
Dan (judgethis) would drive around in his grand prix with his parking and fog lights on in the middle of a 85ยบ and sunny day. :rolf :confused
Im not sure if he still does this, but hopefully he'll chime in and explain. ;)

I'd say the 'cool look' starts to come into play when the sun is just below the horizon. :shades

Brian98GTP
05-23-2007, 05:46 PM
And as long as people are ranting about driving lights....

[Peter Griffin] You know what really grinds my gears,... when morons are on the freeway in the middle of a thunderstorm or snowstorm and don't realize that DRL's only apply to their HEADLIGHTS. People coming up behind them will still have a hard time seeing them unless they turn the headlights on manually, or if the twilight sensor turns them on.

Dumbasses.

Thats what really grinds my gears... [/Peter Griffin]

:thumbsup

Berettaspeed
05-23-2007, 07:44 PM
i think alot of people driving with them usually don't know they do not have their lights on cause the cars nowadays are made for lazy dumb people. although i am lazy, i don't think im lazy and dumb. :)

on hwy most people know they have just the driving lights on. and its legal which is cool. so if your head light is out like mine... use your running lights haha.