PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know suzuki's?

lilws6
05-18-2007, 05:50 PM
i just picked up a 2001 suzuki gsxr 600 my first problem is some one put a smaller rear sproket on the bike and my speedo is about 10 mph off. At 60 the bikes says i'm doing 70. This has also cause the bikes miles to be racked up faster :( i believe? Anyone know how i can fix this without having to buy the box i would need to correct it any shops that do this sort of thing to bikes? my second issue is the clutch is all sorts of adjusted wrong. you let the clutch almost all the way out before it grabs. and i have the adjuster up by the bars all the way out as far as it will go. i know theres gata be a way to adjust it down by the clutch more my 99 had this adjustment i'm just not shure the 01 does. can anyone help me out?

pickardracing
05-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Solution 1: Sell the sprocket and put on a stock one.

Solution 2: Im pretty sure that down by where the clutch cable connects there is an adjustment you can make down there.

It's been a few years since I had my GSXR 6, so I may be wrong on that last one, but Im pretty sure theres a way.

Breecher_7
05-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Im your GSXR person... If the adjuster is all the way out and its grabbing when the lever is almost all the way out, the cable is to tight, just turn the adjuster in... Unless ive misunderstood this, that is a simple fix. As far as the gears go, if the rear is changed, odds are the front is changed as well. It most likely a 4-20 conversion. Either dont worry about it because its going to accelerate better the way it is or get a set of stock gears, im sure you could find someone willing to trade. But if you do swap them for someone, make sure you get there chain as well. The chain will wear differently with every set of gears. If you want me to come take a look at it, send me a PM.

lilws6
05-18-2007, 07:20 PM
I have to get the bike registered. Then i'll probably have someone like breecher here look at it. Monday is going to be my long day at the DMV :(