PDA

View Full Version : Power Tour 2007! Who's doin it???

84hurst
05-17-2007, 01:55 PM
I just made plans to do the tour, I've been hearing from some friends that it's alot of fun so I'll give it a try this year. I only gonna do part of it, from Cleveland to Kalamazoo and Racine. We could get a decent crowd from BCM to meet down in Racine, right??? For more details, http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/.

Flicktitty
05-17-2007, 02:14 PM
i'll stop down at the racine meet. i've already made plans with a few buddies to go.

Cutlass Queen
05-17-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm thinking of doing it

Karps TA
05-17-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm just going to Racine for the day.

IMO I thought the Power Tour was a bit of a letdown. It felt way too rushed to me. It's cool as hell when you get to drive in packs of cars, and when people are on overpasses waving to you. That part is pretty sweet. But when you get to the destination, it's usually a clusterf*ck. So you wait for ever to get in and park. Then theres really nothing going on, you're just as another carshow with alot of the same cars you've seen already. Go get something to eat and drink, then your up early to drive again. You don't even get to see the cities or anything. I'm shocked at how many people do the whole thing every year.

Now I had a ton of problems 2 years ago so maybe that taints my opinion. But I still would think I'd like the spots closer together, and for there to be something to do once you get there besides walk around the cars for the millionth time.

Mssplayboybunie
05-17-2007, 03:44 PM
not sure why they chose racine for this event, but IMO I think miller park was great and thought that would be a better destination for it. It was fun when we all went in 05' but it is a long couple days sitting in the car and traffic jams were the worst. We do plan on going down to Racine though, weather permitting of course!

b4mytm
05-17-2007, 04:17 PM
We are only doing Racine this year,although I would really like to do more.We are going to be sitting at a fellow BCSM member's shop right on Hwy 11 watching everybody roll in before we head on down ourselves.
It isn't quite as fun as the first few years were,but there are alot more cars than the first couple of years too,so it was easier to stay with a pack of cars.

FANAT1C
05-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Probably just Racine for me too.

Windsors 03 Cobra
05-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Checking out some cars monday afternoon (its 3 blocks due east of my house:)) and cruising to starved rock IL and back tuesday with another cobra owner and some other bad cars hopefully.

2SLOW
05-17-2007, 09:50 PM
i think i can make it to Racine with my car.:rolf

Brandon W.
05-17-2007, 09:55 PM
a guy i work with plans to do this. i was thinking of meeting him down there.

nitrous
05-18-2007, 08:23 AM
We are going to be sitting at a fellow BCSM member's shop right on Hwy 11 watching everybody roll in before we head on down ourselves.

I'm in Racine right off of HWY C. Whose shop is on HWY 11? Where?

b4mytm
05-18-2007, 09:11 AM
Sturdevant Transmission right by the rail road tracks.

GRAMPS SS
05-18-2007, 10:04 AM
racine only for me..can't get off of work for anyof the other parts...we should plan on a meeting place and cruise in all together..........just a thought

y2kws6
05-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Jacki and I are going to be longhaulers again. Start to finish, and hope to win the new truck or some engines.

Racine should be good at the event and after, Becky I see you also are atending the bratfest. We are brining plates to it.

Should be wild and fun.

Stop by and say hi if you see us.

Dan

Heat Seeker WS6
05-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Sturdevant Transmission right by the rail road tracks.

Big Mike!
havent heard from him in years -hows he doing??

jbiscuit
05-18-2007, 11:37 AM
I'll be there covering the event for work. Keep an eye out for me with the camera!

J

b4mytm
05-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Stop by and say hi if you see us.

Dan

Will do:D

b4mytm
05-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Big Mike!
havent heard from him in years -hows he doing??

He's good.He's still around...just real busy.