PDA

View Full Version : But it looks nice in the garage!

Heat Seeker WS6
05-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Well the Heat is down again. A few of you heard that 2 mondays ago the car had an electrical fire started by the voltage regulator on the alternator. This alternator was rebuilt by that place off of 124th st in Bulter last summer. Thankfully I was working in my Milwaukee store & not driving to my racine store like usual from Pewaukee or I would have lost it totally. Ironically, I drove past a car fire before my exit on the way to work, so the stench from that burn masked my own car's burning stench!!:stare :goof I caught the stink/smoke soon enough though once I had it parked at my work and got Franklin FD on site before things got real ugly. Yes- there were flames when the FD opend the hood! ....so they promptly foamed the hell out of the front half of the car. As an added bonus, the opti survived all the foam & brief high pressure 'squirt' from a main line to wash away the foam from the motor & new paint! :thumbsup As expected the FD & cops had a field day with the licsense plate. :goof Flatbedded it home & replaced the alternator & repaired some wiring and it was back running a few days later. No probs at all w/ it besides a few burn marks underhood & slightly stinky still. I got very very lucky

and then...go figure, I lost the trans on the way home this Monday from Culvers. About 2 blocks from home I started loosing the forward gears and then reverse died while trying to back into my garage. When i have time in the next few weeks I'll have it taken to Darrels in Wauk to have them diagnose it. In Madison now for work stuff for an other few days and most of next week too.

Depending how bad the trans is, It'll sit rest of season & will get redone w/ the motor eventually. BUT-- It looks damn good in the garage! :thumbsup

Cutlass Queen
05-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Well the Heat is down again. A few of you heard that 2 mondays ago the car had an electrical fire started by the voltage regulator on the alternator. This alternator was rebuilt by that place off of 124th st in Bulter last summer. Thankfully I was working in my Milwaukee store & not driving to my racine store like usual from Pewaukee or I would have lost it totally. Ironically, I drove past a car fire before my exit on the way to work, so the stench from that burn masked my own car's burning stench!!:stare :goof I caught the stink/smoke soon enough though once I had it parked at my work and got Franklin FD on site before things got real ugly. Yes- there were flames when the FD opend the hood! ....so they promptly foamed the hell out of the front half of the car. As an added bonus, the opti survived all the foam & brief high pressure 'squirt' from a main line to wash away the foam from the motor & new paint! :thumbsup As expected the FD & cops had a field day with the licsense plate. :goof Flatbedded it home & replaced the alternator & repaired some wiring and it was back running a few days later. No probs at all w/ it besides a few burn marks underhood & slightly stinky still. I got very very lucky

and then...go figure, I lost the trans on the way home this Monday from Culvers. About 2 blocks from home I started loosing the forward gears and then reverse died while trying to back into my garage. When i have time in the next few weeks I'll have it taken to Darrels in Wauk to have them diagnose it. In Madison now for work stuff for an other few days and most of next week too.

Depending how bad the trans is, It'll sit rest of season & will get redone w/ the motor eventually. BUT-- It looks damn good in the garage! :thumbsup

Poor heatseeker!:crying

TURTLE
05-17-2007, 10:44 AM
i was wondering what happened after we got the alternator...

best of luck with the diagnosis... and if you need anything, LMK... and i'll see if i can help you out...

Feature Pony
05-17-2007, 11:02 AM
smoke seeker, lol I tell you, you should write a book on all of your experiences, there would never be a dull moment! Hopefuly you can get the trany fixed and have it out for summer.

Teufelhunden
05-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Sorry to hear the news Smoke Sniffer.

pickardracing
05-17-2007, 11:44 AM
So... You finally found the heat? No more seeking?

I feel the pain man, my shit's been in the garage for 8 months now.

Nix
05-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Sadly enough I feel your pain also and it always seems to be those Damn firebirds too!! All my other cars I never had half the problems I have with my F Bodies no matter what year! :flipoff2: :rolf

Flicktitty
05-17-2007, 01:26 PM
that sucks John :(

it's always something.

hopefully you can have it back out still.

boostaddict14
05-17-2007, 01:54 PM
i wish your project well,
sorry to hear about the complications

indyzmike
05-17-2007, 03:03 PM
See what happens when your stereo draws a couple hundred amps:headbang . Good job noticing and getting the help to put it out.

hrsp
05-17-2007, 03:10 PM
jeez thats some bad luck...atleast you have a sweet car to break!!!!

Yooformula
05-17-2007, 05:18 PM
damm sorry to hear bout that John... so you selling those wheels now or can I rent em for the summer?

T-Bag
05-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Sorry to hear about that John. I've never had a problem with MJ Electrics rebuilt alternators before...and they are great guys too (we use their stuff all the time at my shop in Butler). Bad things happen sometimes :(

Slow Joe
05-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Wow! Sorry to hear about that man!! Good luck Transmission Seeker!! :rolf

EDIT: Gear Seeker!! :rolf :rolf

Reverend Cooper
05-17-2007, 11:14 PM
dood that sux total donkey balls. if ya need a hand let me know also

Korndogg
05-17-2007, 11:15 PM
hey mine needs a tranny too!!!! yay!!!

wait.. :(

Poncho
05-17-2007, 11:16 PM
But John, hows the oil level?

Reverend Cooper
05-17-2007, 11:21 PM
good, yours?^

Poncho
05-18-2007, 05:15 AM
good, thanks. overpriced UFO-brick thing much?

sorry to hear what happened John. What did you do to piss off your car? She's a tempermental girl