PDA

View Full Version : XM Subscribers. O&A Suspended

Flight_740
05-15-2007, 03:29 PM
http://www.foundrymusic.com/opieanthony/displayheadline.cfm/id/11613/div/opieanthony/headline/XM_RADIO_SUSPENDS_OPIE_AND_ANTHONY.html

BAD LS1
05-15-2007, 03:32 PM
lol wouldnt have know that, mine never changes from channel 48...

07ROUSHSTG3
05-15-2007, 03:54 PM
good, i am all for free speech but they went over the line this time.

Yooformula
05-15-2007, 03:56 PM
wtf even now on paid radio?!?!?!?!?! does everything we hear and see have to be censored.

Flight_740
05-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Thats how I feel. You don't like it, change the station. It's that simple.

07ROUSHSTG3
05-15-2007, 04:14 PM
it is one thing to make jokes but it is another to talk about sexually assaulting someone, in my opinion takes it too far.

Flight_740
05-15-2007, 04:15 PM
it is one thing to make jokes but it is another to talk about sexually assaulting someone, in my opinion takes it too far.

But, Thats your opinion and who are you to say what they talk about?

Just like I said, don't like it change the station.

In a twisted way, I thought it was funny as hell. If I did not, the station would have been changed.

07ROUSHSTG3
05-15-2007, 04:18 PM
But, Thats your opinion and who are you to say what they talk about?

Just like I said, don't like it change the station.

In a twisted way, I thought it was funny as hell. If I did not, the station would have been changed.

not only my opinion the way it looks:thumbsup

Goat Roper
05-15-2007, 05:00 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that Mel and Howard played a role in this to keep the merger in line.

The audio that got them suspended for not "towing the line": http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/audio-opie-anthony-comments-that-caused-xm-suspension.html

Love how they ask for Stern's help then turn around and call him selfish.

Yooformula
05-15-2007, 06:53 PM
good, i am all for free speech but they went over the line this time.

you cant be all for free speech then feel they went over the line........dont listen if you dont like what you hear.

Karps TA
05-15-2007, 06:58 PM
I can't stand them, but it's just another reason why XM is not as good. If they weren't std on GM cars I bet their subscriptions numbers would be even less.

I wish GM gave you an option. I hate having my add on Sirius unit and losing the sound quality.

Goat Roper
05-15-2007, 10:09 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/UhWhoDis/were_outta_work.jpg

T-Bag
05-16-2007, 04:53 PM
I have been a long time O&A fan so I'm trying hard not to be biased.

Although this usually looks like a firing...and it did to me at first...Hugh Panero has stated that they have NOT and will NOT be fired and are being advertised for their return next month. Will they? Probably not, O&A will most likely get out of their contract somehow because what they are being put through is complete bullshit.

However, it is a little too late as over 40,000 subscriptions have been cancelled already. Including myself. I did take their 3 free months but hey...that's 40 bucks worth of free xm to listen to their shitty music when local stations are playing even shittier music.

XM is free from FCC regulations and they have been advertised as CENSORSHIP FREE for a long time now. They have done skits that are much worse than this...its just the fact that it was about two shitdick politicians that caused the media stir. Dont' like it? Turn the ******* channel off.

Even if you aren't a fan of them, censorship in America is getting absolutely terrible and they DO NOT deserve this crap

And who the **** asked Stern for help? That's complete bullshit and NEVER happened and never will happen. Stern IS selfish however and mentioned that he would be behind them if the bit was funny. He doesn't give a **** about censorship unless it pertains to himself

Karps TA
05-16-2007, 05:02 PM
No on the Stern thing, it's cause A-holes like A&O and Imus never stuck up for him. When you're the big dog everybody wants to crap on you, until they need you. Then they come crying for help.

I can't stand censorship. And believe like most that if you don't like something, then don't do/watch/listen to it. But I'm also getting real tired of people who take pot shots at other people, but then turn face when the shoe is on the other foot. That's ridiculous.

T-Bag
05-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Who ever came crying to help to Stern? It most definetly wasn't O&A as their fanbase would turn completely against them and it would be just stupid.

I'm not even going to get started on Stern as this is not about Howard Stern vs O&A...this is about censorship. If you REALLY want the truth on why O&A always shit on Stern and vice versa, another thread can be started.

Karps TA
05-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Who came crying to Stern? Why it looks like O&A did

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05162007/tv/opie_and_anthony_suspended_tv_don_kaplan.htm

They know damn well that if the merger happens, Stern will be their boss.

Each side has their beliefs on the "truth". All I can say is I have both right now in my car, and I can't stand O&A. And everytime I hear somebody making comments it's O&A talking crap about Stern.

And for the record, I like Bubba the Love Sponge more then any of them. But if it wasn't for Stern, people like O&A, Bubba, and Mancow wouldn't even have careers. There should be atleast a little respect for the guy.

Goat Roper
05-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Yeah, everybody goes after Stern since he is the biggest name out there and has been for years. Clones like O & A are fine but they have to respect who got this genre to a state of mass appeal.

T-Bag
05-16-2007, 10:58 PM
They aren't going to Stern begging for help, they are telling him how it is and seeing if he has the balls to put his differences behind him and man up for once, not that Stern gives a shit.

Now, I know neither of you listen to them, but O&A have ALWAYS said that they respect Stern and what he has done with the business...but they DONT respect him as a person because the money got to his head and he's a giant cockbag now.

You can't really call O&A clones, as they do a LOT different stuff than Stern does on his show.

edit: Kinda of offtopic, but I could listen to Howard Stern if Robin would just ****** fall off a bridge and never talk on the show again.

Goat Roper
05-17-2007, 07:15 AM
You are right, Stern doesn't give a shit, ne basically runs Sirius as it is right now with Mel so he has tons of room to work with. OnA obviously do not have anything near that amount of clout at XM. The single fact that he wasn't telling all of his listeners to protest what OnA said and completely make their lives miserable was help enough but OnA simply shot themselves in the foot again this week. You can't help people that are not smart enough to know what to do with it.

They created a feud with Stern way before the money at Sirius, it was the only way for them to get recognized. OnA are to Al Sharpton what Stern is to white people, if Sharpton isn't complaining about white people you never hear about Sharpton, if OnA aren't trying to argue with Stern, nobody gives a damn.

OnA created the differences, let them live with the differences. Stern and Mel basically have their careers on satellite in their hands, lets see what they do.

T-Bag
05-17-2007, 09:13 PM
You are right, Stern doesn't give a shit, ne basically runs Sirius as it is right now with Mel so he has tons of room to work with. OnA obviously do not have anything near that amount of clout at XM. The single fact that he wasn't telling all of his listeners to protest what OnA said and completely make their lives miserable was help enough but OnA simply shot themselves in the foot again this week. You can't help people that are not smart enough to know what to do with it.

They created a feud with Stern way before the money at Sirius, it was the only way for them to get recognized. OnA are to Al Sharpton what Stern is to white people, if Sharpton isn't complaining about white people you never hear about Sharpton, if OnA aren't trying to argue with Stern, nobody gives a damn.

OnA created the differences, let them live with the differences. Stern and Mel basically have their careers on satellite in their hands, lets see what they do.

O&A have a "feud" with Howard over the way they were treated at WNEW back in the day when they were both on the same station. He literally put a GAG order on them and basically held them back because of his own selfishness. Howard couldn't take O&A's joking around about him and took it personally and decided to get all macho. THAT is why O&A don't really like him too much...and the fact that he is a selfish prick.

Obviously Howard is succesful, he's almost a fricken billionaire...but the more money he gets, the more of a **** he becomes. He's not even a "Shock" jock anymore...he runs a sex show in a nutshell.