PDA

View Full Version : Turnbow?!?!?!

Lash
05-14-2007, 09:04 PM
I guess it was bound to happen....but WTF!

That's not the way you want to follow up getting beat up by the Mets. And Philly isn't even that good. :stare

70challenger452
05-14-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm so pissed right now I don't even want to think about the brewers

Lash
05-14-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm so pissed right now I don't even want to think about the brewers

WERD!!!

After JJ's HR I thought it was pretty much over. Turnbow walks the first batter and then throws a wild pitch that scored a run!!!!??!?!?!?!? I could have smashed my effing T.V.!

300pny
05-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Turnblow needs to find a new home. After the second half of last season I have no faith in the 96mph Straight as an arrow Fastball

Knyghtmare
05-14-2007, 09:52 PM
OMG... Its happening...

We all knew it would eventually...

and just after I bought my hat too...

Just like I told the guy at Hat World it would...

And I shoudlnt drink and post...

Haha...

Its like a chain mail...

But you all love it...

The End...

EVIL AWD
05-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Unbelievable! I never feel comfortable when Turbow is in the game. I don't care how hard you throw, if all you throw is fastballs every pitch you're going to get rocked. He's wild as hell, has no command and doesn't change speeds.

theavenger333
05-14-2007, 10:40 PM
ouch....... the guy has been lights out minus one game before tonight, and you all jump on him? philly IS a good team, they started out terrible. relax people, they can't win every game

300pny
05-14-2007, 10:57 PM
ouch....... the guy has been lights out minus one game before tonight, and you all jump on him? philly IS a good team, they started out terrible. relax people, they can't win every game

Lights out??? Were you around the second half of last season?

nismodave
05-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Its already starting before the all star break!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Brewers will always suck!

70challenger
05-15-2007, 01:42 AM
i hope it doesnt turn into last season were they sucked after the all star break!!

theavenger333
05-15-2007, 05:30 AM
Lights out??? Were you around the second half of last season?

yeah you dope, last time i checked last season doesn't matter.

Feature Pony
05-15-2007, 08:59 AM
yeah it was a bad game last night, we will see what happens tonight. I'm hoping this game was a fluke.

flyin_blue_egg
05-15-2007, 09:41 AM

but if you remember he was lights out all of last year until he got rocked that one game in august...then i was all down a cliff from there...and now its happening again and i just fvckin love it!!!

Want_Notch
05-15-2007, 10:04 AM
All I know is that the Brewers relievers spent all of last night cleaning up after they puked all over themselves last night.:puke

wikked
05-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Unbelievable! I never feel comfortable when Turbow is in the game. I don't care how hard you throw, if all you throw is fastballs every pitch you're going to get rocked. He's wild as hell, has no command and doesn't change speeds.

+eleventy billion
Yea the Phillies have some decent players... but when Wes effing Helms rocks you for an RBI, that aint good.
Turnbow is way too unreliable to depend on. Needs to develop another 2 pitches at least.
C'mon, Daisuke has 8 diff. pitches to pick from, it can't be that hard :)

At least my cracka James Jerry is still kicking all forms of ass.

flyin_blue_egg
05-15-2007, 10:45 AM
+eleventy billion
Yea the Phillies have some decent players... but when Wes effing Helms rocks you for an RBI, that aint good.
Turnbow is way too unreliable to depend on. Needs to develop another 2 pitches at least.
C'mon, Daisuke has 8 diff. pitches to pick from, it can't be that hard :)

At least my cracka James Jerry is still kicking all forms of ass.

you also have to realize that Daisuke is an extreme rarity in baseball, not to mention the fact that he's a starter and starter usually have atleast 4-5 pitches...and plus most relievers only throw 2 pitches because they usually don't pitch that many innings. Because of that you usually don't face the same guy twice. The only reliever that may have more pitches is the long man, and that b/c he is usually a starter, that can't start on a regular basis.

Silver03SRT
05-15-2007, 11:23 AM
They are going to lose a few games. Its not like we are going to win every series. I still say they win the division.

theavenger333
05-15-2007, 02:46 PM
They are going to lose a few games. Its not like we are going to win every series. I still say they win the division.

exactly. i can't wait for Cordero to blow a save, you knobs will be calling for his head. turnbow has 3 pitches already, which is more than some relievers, and technically its 4. fastball, slider, he throws a change, and a slurve. the changeup needs refinement though

300pny
05-15-2007, 04:17 PM

LOL, Last time I checked it does when your looking at how an individual player performs.

300pny
05-15-2007, 04:18 PM
exactly. i can't wait for Cordero to blow a save, you knobs will be calling for his head. turnbow has 3 pitches already, which is more than some relievers, and technically its 4. fastball, slider, he throws a change, and a slurve. the changeup needs refinement though

Wont be me when Cordero loses a save his past shows he can rebound. Turnblow has yet to prove he can during a season

EVIL AWD
05-15-2007, 04:31 PM

Well it would have been nice if he threw something besides fastballs right down the middle last night. :fire I think he attempted two off-speed pitches last night, one of which was a wild pitch that bounced before the plate, hahaha! When he throws his breaking ball and it's working he can be very effective. The problem is it doesn't always break like it should and he loses confidence in the pitch. And then he resorts to the 95-100mph fastball every pitch and just tries to blow it by guys but as you can see last night, that doesn't exactly work in the big leagues. He needs a change-up and breaking ball that works every time out for me to feel comfortable with him on the mound. :mad:

theavenger333
05-15-2007, 06:03 PM
LOL, Last time I checked it does when your looking at how an individual player performs.

okay genius, so Ryan Howard had a breakout, insane season last year. therefore he is going to do it again? i'll bet the franchise he wont

Feature Pony
05-15-2007, 08:54 PM
ok, I'm thowing in the towel they suck!!!WTF I'm surprised Philly didn't have more runs!!

300pny
05-15-2007, 08:59 PM
okay genius, so Ryan Howard had a breakout, insane season last year. therefore he is going to do it again? i'll bet the franchise he wont

I dont know I didnt watch Howard and see how he reacts when he has a bad streak.... But smart guy did you see TurnBLOW tonight!! As history shows when he falls he keeps falling. THis is about rebounding from a bad game not a complete season average.

Reverend Cooper
05-15-2007, 09:01 PM
hahaha he said turnblow

wikked
05-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Well that's great.
Didn't see much but a breaking ball or two, and 90% fastballs that anyone can hit nowadays.
Looked like he was gonna cry walking off the mound.

EVIL AWD
05-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah Turnbow blew it two nights in a row. At least he tried to throw some breaking balls tonight though. Too bad they didn't break worth a sh!t. If he can't get the breaking stuff working, he might as well forget it, he will get lit up every time out.

flyin_blue_egg
05-15-2007, 09:08 PM
GO TURNBOW!!!! cubs win 10-1

Lash
05-15-2007, 09:10 PM
I've been really rooting for him this season (I was actually pissed when I didn't get to see him pitch when I went to the game).....but he is known to be an emotional player. When he's down it's VERY hard for him to get back up. His confidence hits the floor very easily. They needed these wins vs. a sub .500 team. They have some very tough series coming up in the next month (Dodgers, Cubs twice, Padres, Tigers, twinkies twice).

theavenger333
05-15-2007, 09:40 PM
I dont know I didnt watch Howard and see how he reacts when he has a bad streak.... But smart guy did you see TurnBLOW tonight!! As history shows when he falls he keeps falling. THis is about rebounding from a bad game not a complete season average.

if you had any bit of a brain, and didn't just spout your mouth off maybe you would know. what most of the people in this thread are saying is true, Lash and EvilAwd are doing good. people like you talking trash and down talking players, and calling names like a 2 year old works great. the second he threw that fastball down the pipe i knew you'd be in here talking dumb. you've done it since you got here, and you will continue to

300pny
05-16-2007, 05:25 PM
if you had any bit of a brain, and didn't just spout your mouth off maybe you would know. what most of the people in this thread are saying is true, Lash and EvilAwd are doing good. people like you talking trash and down talking players, and calling names like a 2 year old works great. the second he threw that fastball down the pipe i knew you'd be in here talking dumb. you've done it since you got here, and you will continue to

Not sure what this has to do with your argument but he just had 2 screwed up games in a row. My point that he falls and keeps falling seems to accurate compared to whatever point your tryng to make. Most people on this thread are "down talking" turnblow. Maybe I would know what?

Lash
05-16-2007, 05:37 PM
He has the potential to become one of the best relievers in the game right now. The physical part is there....it's the mental part that needs to strengthen. His command and confidence is spotty.

Sure he didn't do so hot at the end of last year...but look at '05!!! If he can get back to that it would be amazing!!

300pny
05-16-2007, 05:39 PM
He has the potential to become one of the best relievers in the game right now. The physical part is there....it's the mental part that needs to strengthen. His command and confidence is spotty.

Yea if he can get the mental part and locate the curve or get movement on the fastball I bet he would be fine. Thats what he had at the begining of last year. A guy on wouln't rattle him.

Lash
05-16-2007, 09:22 PM
On a good note....JJ just homered again saving the Brewers from being pitched a no hitter much less a shut out through 6.1 innings.

Good thing he was a FA in both my fantasy leagues and I picked him up early. :)

On a bad note...the Brewers only have one more chance to avoid being swept by Philly. :(

300pny
05-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Ricky I though was more impressive he was very disiplined at the plate getting the walk

300pny
05-16-2007, 09:33 PM
On a good note....JJ just homered again saving the Brewers from being pitched a no hitter much less a shut out through 6.1 innings.

Good thing he was a FA in both my fantasy leagues and I picked him up early. :)

On a bad note...the Brewers only have one more chance to avoid being swept by Philly. :(

2 more chances the 8th and 9th

Lash
05-16-2007, 09:38 PM
2 more chances the 8th and 9th

One more.....it's called the last game on Thursday night. This one is as good as d u n.

Then it's off to play Minnesota (18-21...don't let their record fool you) @ Miller park
Then @ Dodgers (24-16)
Then @ San Diego (21-19)
The vs. Atlanta (25-15)

It's gonna be a long 2.5 weeks...lol.

300pny
05-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Ahhh Gocha

300pny
05-21-2007, 11:56 PM
Turnbow just gave up another homer... This case is closed he sucks

JDM kps13
05-22-2007, 08:29 AM
you guys need to chill out bout it. OMG he gave up a HR last nite....but what bout the last philly game? he came in, did the 8th, not a problem. Its a game of baseball there are 162 games...hes bound to throw away a couple

300pny
05-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Second half of last year and his last 5 of 6 six outings this year stunk. seems like once he falls he keeps falling. I just think that would be better going with someone else in the 8th or even keeping Wise in there could do you better job. He needs to be able to locate the breaking ball and/or get movement on the fast ball.

Lash
05-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Turnbow just gave up another homer... This case is closed he sucks

I expect relievers to give up a home run here and there. Thats does not bother me. It's the multiple hit/run innings that are trouble.

300pny
05-31-2007, 01:03 PM
OK after yesterday the proof is there!!!!!!! he just plain needs to get out of brew town!!! Came in with a lead again and messed it up!!!!