PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket Brakes on pickups

Flicktitty
05-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Anyone have any upgraded brakes on there pickups?

My brothers are considering putting some better brakes on there trucks.

My one brother has a 2005 F250 Superduty with a mild lift and 20" rims

the other has a 06 F150 with a mild lift as well as a set of 20" rims and there just not happy with how the truck is braking now.

and seeing how they both have young childern there conserned on stopping.

so if you have some sort of aftermarket brake setup lmk how you like it and where you got it from and if you would do it over again.

Brandon W.
05-11-2007, 10:40 PM
http://www.baer.com/

Breecher_7
05-12-2007, 08:20 AM
^^^^^^^^ Agreed. But unless there willing to shell out some serious coin there isnt much you can do. Thats just the things you need to deal with when you lift a vehicle and put not only heavier wheels but heavier tires as well. If saftey was his first in mind, he should have considered that earlier. When i stepped up to mere 33's on my dodge I noticed a difference in braking. I can only imagine 20's with larger tires.

Brandon W.
05-12-2007, 12:55 PM
yes, Baer is expensive.but remember you get what you pay for. if/when i upgrade brakes on the DSM, Baer or Wilwood will be my first choices.Nick, you could do what the hicks in Union Grove do, come to napa with the bolt pattern and ask what the biggest production rotor is for that Bolt pattern(no matter what kind of vehicle its from) and buy that and the calipers and Rig up the mounts/ brakelines....(yes im serious, people by me actually do this)

Yooformula
05-12-2007, 01:49 PM
you can try ebay for aftermarket rotor/pad kits for their trucks. there are a couple of good vendors on there with decent kits. mine have 2 years on em and plenty of hard braking with no issues.

flyin_blue_egg
05-12-2007, 02:55 PM
.Nick, you could do what the hicks in Union Grove do, come to napa with the bolt pattern and ask what the biggest production rotor is for that Bolt pattern(no matter what kind of vehicle its from) and buy that and the calipers and Rig up the mounts/ brakelines....(yes im serious, people by me actually do this)

i bet you do it!!

84hurst
05-12-2007, 03:00 PM
I've got the Baer brakes on my truck. It's awesome. That thing stops so fukin fast it'll throw passengers out the windshield! Definately worth the investment! Not to mention it helps in the case of deer. Saved my truck from goin to the body shop. :thumbsup

Breecher_7
05-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I've got the Baer brakes on my truck. It's awesome. That thing stops so fukin fast it'll throw passengers out the windshield! Definately worth the investment! Not to mention it helps in the case of deer. Saved my truck from goin to the body shop. :thumbsup

Just rotors or calipers to? Where did you get your setup?

Brandon W.
05-12-2007, 05:16 PM
i bet you do it!!

that is a negative. im not a hack,nor is my car:thumbsup