PDA

View Full Version : Looking to build a computer?? anyone

Berettaspeed
05-10-2007, 07:58 PM
im looking to get a new computer soon! i would like a decent gamming computer. i play COH, BF2, and right now thats it LOL. i plan on playing some newgames once i gett a better computer. im looking for somthing that will play these with no problem at all and more.

right now im just looking for ideas.. im looking on newegg.com right now at prices, but any input would be great.

im a computer noob.. i know.

wikked
05-10-2007, 08:07 PM
At least you're looking on newegg.
A newb would say "I'm looking on circuitcity.com right now at prices" :P

300pny
05-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Building them now has no realy benifit. But if your building just cause yo a nerd like me you can try zipzoomfly.com Always good at everything including returns. Formerly googlegear.com till they got sood by the Biaches

Berettaspeed
05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
im looking at this processor
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3012865&CatId=2328

Video card
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3012865&CatId=2328
somone told me these are good for the price and will still work great.

or i dunno what else
this looks good i guess?? haha i dunno what im even doing.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1830017&Sku=A177-3094

or this
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2231768&Sku=E145-7874

what would work the best for the money and with newer games. how much better is the middle one for the prtice? i also don't want anything outdated or soon to be outdated.

now what kind of motherboard should i use with somthing like this?
i have NO idea what would work or not work? i also want to get a 22" LCD later that would work. i heard they have 2 connections out now?? what is that about? also what kind of power supply should i use with somthing like this? anythign else im missing? any suggestion on fans, or other things i may need?

all i really knida know about are these 3 main things. thats what i want to be important and good.

300pny
05-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Asus makes good boards, everything onboard (of course do the video yourself) The digital connections VS vga is what I think your talking about

300pny
05-10-2007, 09:41 PM
For get all this crap "dude your getting a Dell"!! Call them you get good support, you can call the 24x7 have a warrantee ect...In the long run way cheaper ...Just make sure you ask them to put on the vanilla OS NO extra crap like AOL or quickbooks trials or anyother garbage

Berettaspeed
05-10-2007, 09:42 PM
i have no idea what to look for in a board?? maybe some links? haha im trying to learn some things.. today is like my first day in tryin gto figure out what means what.. so im supper new at this

but i want to KNOW what to buy and look for and build it my self. im sick of hoping if its what i really want. im getting input from many people that use or have used these items. my budget is going to be around 500 give or take. i have a computer right now that is used parts thrown together and it skips somtimes and acts up. and i have no clue whats in it!

300pny
05-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Call 1800wwwdell tell them what you want to do and they will hook you up. This chasing mother boards and playing around is for birds and will cost you more money and frustration in the long run

jersyboyy
05-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Geeks.com is an AWSOME place for parts.

Trying to learn to build a system is awsome and mad fun but not when the first project is to build a super gaming computer. I started rebuilding old systems and upgrading untill i could put together a decent home computer system.

If your still dead set on building it your self get a barebone and add a really nice (compatible) Processor and all the other goodies for gaming. Barebones are pretty simple and cheap, they have a nice case powersupply motherboard and even sometimes ram!

Hope that helps if you need any info on the build hit me up id be glad to help you out.
-Jeremy

PureSound15
05-11-2007, 09:39 AM
For get all this crap "dude your getting a Dell"!! Call them you get good support, you can call the 24x7 have a warrantee ect...In the long run way cheaper ...Just make sure you ask them to put on the vanilla OS NO extra crap like AOL or quickbooks trials or anyother garbage

I'm not a computer genius by any means, nor am I trying to argue, but everyone that I know who has a dell has had nothing but problems. We just had to replace every machine at work because we spent so much time with Dell getting them fixed.

It might just be my experience but I love my computer my sister built for me, I've had no problems at all. Both my desktop and my notebook are the Intel Core2duo and I love it.

HP ADDICT
05-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Never Buy A Dell.

300pny
05-11-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm not a computer genius by any means, nor am I trying to argue, but everyone that I know who has a dell has had nothing but problems. We just had to replace every machine at work because we spent so much time with Dell getting them fixed.

It might just be my experience but I love my computer my sister built for me, I've had no problems at all. Both my desktop and my notebook are the Intel Core2duo and I love it.

I hae a sony core2duo if price is no object go that route for sure. The prob with the dells is all the crap they put on. YOur eliminating alot of isues with a vanlilla OS install.