PDA

View Full Version : New Forum site in Madison, WI

sdb300zx
05-10-2007, 01:41 PM
We are starting a site in Madison for all the car lovers to go to. We are starting it cause there are so many cars in the area and no where to post. We want to get more meets/gathering in the area. Every person/car is welcome!! It will be a great place to make new friends, so lets get the word out and make it a fun place to go and chat.

JohnnyT
05-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Ibtl!!! :)

jbiscuit
05-10-2007, 01:52 PM
http://www.jalife.net/up/files/orly-ostrich.jpg

Flicktitty
05-10-2007, 01:52 PM
IBTL

just come here theres a few madison guys anyway.

Nickerz
05-10-2007, 02:06 PM
sighh.... not only is it warrantless spam... it's some BS forum software. Get vbulletin on a decent server to start with.

sdb300zx
05-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Well we bought the domain name for it. It isnt spam. Just want a site for all the cars in madison. There really isnt anything out there for madison. The server is pretty good, a lot of layouts and you can do a lot of different things compared to vbulletin. Not saying vbulletin is bad or anything

badass88gt
05-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Whats wrong with M3? Sure it says Mustang, but they dont care who drives what.

sdb300zx
05-10-2007, 02:21 PM
What is m3?

sworaz
05-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Whats wrong with M3? Sure it says Mustang, but they dont care who drives what.

Because they may have a few different cars on there it's considered more of an exclusive forum. If you drive other than a mustang you have to take crap that no one likes to take.
So on this forum it's going to be for In Madison mainly, that means not competition with bcm forum or any other. It's just a place for Madison to get people together and talk about things in our area. Plus there is alot of F-bodies I see all over in Madison and I haven't seen any of them post on here. The forum will not be exclusive but inclusive rather...kinda like this forum- which is mainly a Milwaukee forum.

Car Guy
05-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Can't we all just get along......:crying :crying :crying

:banana1: :banana1: :banana1:

sworaz
05-10-2007, 03:10 PM
sighh.... not only is it warrantless spam... it's some BS forum software. Get vbulletin on a decent server to start with.

Your not even from Madison anyway....
This post is an informative one....if you live in Madison area and want to find out what's going on then pop in and see. If not then disregard.
Please be respectful.

07ROUSHSTG3
05-10-2007, 03:18 PM
:wtf this is a milwaukee forum? i thought that everyone on here were raging alcoholics, hence the name:rolf

sworaz
05-10-2007, 03:26 PM
:wtf this is a milwaukee forum? i thought that everyone on here were raging alcoholics, hence the name:rolf

:chair: too funny

Nickerz
05-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Your not even from Madison anyway....
This post is an informative one....if you live in Madison area and want to find out what's going on then pop in and see. If not then disregard.
Please be respectful.
actually im in Madison as much as Milwaukee. Sometimes 4 days in Madtown and 3 in Miltown. So HA! All I know is there was a 6+ second response time, and it's hosted on a free forum spot, i mean seriously. Think of it as constructive criticism. And if money is the issue, grab a copy of phpbb mod it out.

sworaz
05-10-2007, 03:47 PM
actually im in Madison as much as Milwaukee. Sometimes 4 days in Madtown and 3 in Miltown. So HA! All I know is there was a 6+ second response time, and it's hosted on a free forum spot, i mean seriously. Think of it as constructive criticism. And if money is the issue, grab a copy of phpbb mod it out.

I'm not looking to get into a flame war with you. If you want to post on there, please do. If not that's ok too. We have to work with what we have right now...it's not supposed to be that slow- they are working on it.
We are not looking to take the place of this forum, I really appreciate this forum over many others I have been on. :) We just want to have something for the Madison area people. If you look in the events section most of them are for the Mill. area (which is completely fine). If I wanted to get some peole to go to culvers and hang out in Madison I don't think I would get alot of response because a higher majority of the members are from southern WI (millwaukee area) and again that's fine. Just want to have a resource for Madison cars. Thanks

Yooformula
05-10-2007, 04:13 PM
I dont see a problem with it as its based in madison anyways plus the more the merrier, it only helps our hobby. that 300 looks sweet btw!

sdb300zx
05-10-2007, 04:21 PM
I dont see a problem with it as its based in madison anyways plus the more the merrier, it only helps our hobby. that 300 looks sweet btw!

Yep just keeping good between towns and hoping to get people to post there and here. Cars are a great hobby expensive but great to do. I think after the site gets out there it will start taking off, just started it yesterday afternoon.

Thanks for the comment, I love my Z, just have more upgrades and finishing touches to do to it. NEVER WILL BE FINISHED!! LOL :)

Nickerz
05-10-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm not looking to get into a flame war with you. If you want to post on there, please do. If not that's ok too. We have to work with what we have right now...it's not supposed to be that slow- they are working on it.
We are not looking to take the place of this forum, I really appreciate this forum over many others I have been on. :) We just want to have something for the Madison area people. If you look in the events section most of them are for the Mill. area (which is completely fine). If I wanted to get some peole to go to culvers and hang out in Madison I don't think I would get alot of response because a higher majority of the members are from southern WI (millwaukee area) and again that's fine. Just want to have a resource for Madison cars. Thanks

Stop being such a baby, just take it as advice from someone who ran a forum that had over 250,000 hits a month in traffic. Make it simple stupid on a good platform and give people a REASON to be there. Discounts, Events, Boobies... etc. But hey, if you think im trying to start a flame war just ignore me.

Poncho
05-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Instead of pooping on it, we should welcome it and make it a sister site to ours.

Brew City Muscle & Mad Town Muscle.

I think it would be cool. Uniting our hobby in the state of Wi.

Cryptic
05-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Personally, I don't want people's first thread posting some other site. It's just not good etiquette.

Program your site correctly and you'll populate in the search engines. BCM is not an advertising playground for everyone else.

Reverend Cooper
05-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Because they may have a few different cars on there it's considered more of an exclusive forum. If you drive other than a mustang you have to take crap that no one likes to take.
So on this forum it's going to be for In Madison mainly, that means not competition with bcm forum or any other. It's just a place for Madison to get people together and talk about things in our area. Plus there is alot of F-bodies I see all over in Madison and I haven't seen any of them post on here. The forum will not be exclusive but inclusive rather...kinda like this forum- which is mainly a Milwaukee forum.

not true BREW CITY IS WORLD MUTHA FVCKING WIDE BISHES!!!!!!

sworaz
05-10-2007, 10:02 PM

wow you must be frickin 16. Actually I know that your not because i've seen you and your car at a meet before lol. Seriously though you need to keep some manners, you just may offend someone.................................and that wouldn't be good considering we are all so close

Reverend Cooper
05-10-2007, 10:03 PM
ohhh now your threatening me ooooooooh **** off

Lash
05-10-2007, 10:08 PM
LMAO @ this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Coops gonna get beat up! Bwahahahaha!!!!

fireguyrick
05-10-2007, 10:12 PM

I actually heard we were intersolar wide. Something about some guys from the International Space Station reading our site.....or was that WAPD?

Rick

Reverend Cooper
05-10-2007, 10:13 PM
^bwahahahahah watch out your next on the e-thug list

sworaz
05-10-2007, 10:14 PM
ohhh now your threatening me ooooooooh **** off

Is that really the way you like to represent yourself and the forum you post on? It's not a threat, why would I threaten you i'm sure i'll be seeing you a few times this summer at various cruises and meets. Just keep it cool.

Lash
05-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Sounded like a threat to me....lol.

Anyway.....on with the show...

Reverend Cooper
05-10-2007, 10:15 PM
it was a joke read it while smiling holy christ man.
threats dont bother me so even if it was ehhh whatever. if it wasnt then i guess your not being a **** afterall

Poncho
05-10-2007, 10:18 PM
so wait, you can be a ahole all you want, and as long as theres a smiley it's ok?

sweet

Lash
05-10-2007, 10:20 PM
so wait, you can be a ahole all you want, and as long as theres a smiley it's ok?

sweet

You didn't get the memo?

Reverend Cooper
05-10-2007, 10:23 PM
dood hope that site turns out great and is loads of fun for you all

sworaz
05-10-2007, 10:25 PM
SBD300zx and myself met a few of you guys at a cruise last year, that was awesome. I think I walked up holy hill with Sonic Blue Roush and his wife(?)
Let's not let a thread bring bad vibes to the forum or the group. It's going to be an awesome summer.

sworaz
05-10-2007, 10:25 PM
dood hope that site turns out great and is loads of fun for you all

Lash
05-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Don't tell me you kissed and made up?!?!?!?!

It was just starting to get good!!!!

:goof

sidewayzbimmer
05-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Bcm is all about shiat talking get used to it or id suggest not to visit often...

Nickerz
05-10-2007, 11:54 PM
well anyways, welcome to the world of forums. Enjoy your stay, and try not to get hacked to many times. SQL Injections for the lose.

USMARINE1108
05-11-2007, 06:08 AM

sweet

It's like saying "with all due respect". It's in the Geneva Conventions, look it up!

Myles
05-11-2007, 10:09 AM
WTF

I missed this thread... im disapointed now...

I think im going to go spam my other forum on their site now.

sdb300zx
05-11-2007, 10:15 AM
How is this spam?

juicedimpss
05-11-2007, 10:18 AM
WTF

I missed this thread... im disapointed now...

I think im going to go spam my other forum on their site now.

spam the chatroom instead.

badass88gt
05-11-2007, 05:05 PM
wow you must be frickin 16. Actually I know that your not because i've seen you and your car at a meet before lol. Seriously though you need to keep some manners, you just may offend someone.................................and that wouldn't be good considering we are all so close

Anyone who would get offended by that needs to just pack up and get back in the closet.

Reverend Cooper
05-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Anyone who would get offended by that needs to just pack up and get back in the closet.

yeah, right next to you

MARO-MAN
05-11-2007, 08:30 PM
WTF? I can't read through all that bullsh!t!! So, what is the addy for the Mad City Muscle? Or is this spam after all?

nismodave
05-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Personally, I don't want people's first thread posting some other site. It's just not good etiquette.

Program your site correctly and you'll populate in the search engines. BCM is not an advertising playground for everyone else.

X 1000000000000000000:thumbsup

badass88gt
05-13-2007, 07:40 AM
yeah, right next to you

Maybe, but only cuz you told me that Wireloom Dave was in there!:durr

Reverend Cooper
05-13-2007, 08:34 AM
yeah right next to you,also cryptix has a great point

Cleveland Dave
05-14-2007, 03:47 PM
good luck with site...nice that there is something in my area.

CPonyGo
05-15-2007, 04:53 PM
This a plug for CPonyGo-lololol

shameless pos that I am

Streetand Race is another up there

opps -more spam

Reverend Cooper
05-15-2007, 06:29 PM
^ lolololol only a few will really understand that andy

Cryptic
05-15-2007, 06:34 PM
^ lolololol only a few will really understand that andy

I got it... cponygo has been around as long as BCM (maybe even a little longer), I spent alot of time on mustangworld though, back in the day