PDA

View Full Version : The old dog

88Nightmare
05-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Won't eat anymore. He hasn't eaten his food since last night. He ate yesterday morning for breakfast, but then wouldn't touch his dinner. He doesn't even have an interest in table scrap. He is also limping again. This doesn't look good. We are aiming to get him in to the vet today :crying :crying :crying

Its tough to see him get old like this. I've had him since he was 6, he used to be such a young little pup, it is very hard to see him like this now.

Edit: Its pretty tough for me to go through this now, since the family hadn't had to put down the family pet since I was 5, in which case I don't remember what its like. Man this sucks. I hope the vet doesn't recommend that, I wasn't ready to give this dog up so soon.

Want_Notch
05-09-2007, 08:14 AM
That sucks man.........Sorry to hear that.

Silver350
05-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Sorry to hear about the pooch. I hope the vet has a way to help you dog out So you dont have to put it down.

whistlin six
05-09-2007, 09:13 AM
That's a tough deal man, I know exactly what you're going through.
We had to put both our dogs down earlier this year.

One of the hardest things to see was when they stopped eating, food was
golden to them and when they turned it down it just broke my heart...
Putting a dog down is no doubt difficult but it's not as hard as watching
your dog suffer. When they reach the point of suffering you need to do
the right thing, memories of a tired and sick dog are not what you want
remember.

On the brighter side there are many reasons a dog won't eat, some of which can be reversed with meds. Maybe your vet will have a cure.

Best of luck with the pooch...

88Nightmare
05-09-2007, 09:47 AM
this dog has NEVER turned down food before. he would eat till he exploded. and now to see him snub his dinner is just strange. I did get him to eat a corn chip from taco bell but he was very hesitant and took it, and left, didn't come back for more like usual. the folks are taking him in to the vet right now, while I am left to sit here and wonder about him at work.

Flicktitty
05-09-2007, 09:55 AM
That sucks to Hear Mike, maybe he just cought some sort of stomach bug? Or maybe some of his food was that recalled stuff? I hope it all gets better for him.

Cutlass Queen
05-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Hope your dog turns out to be okay 88...best wishes go out to you and your family.

USMARINE1108
05-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Good luck, man. I hate to hear that.

88Nightmare
05-09-2007, 11:09 AM
the food we give our dogs were not part of the recall. it just seems strange how we would just turn down ALL food. I can't even get him excited about food, he just has no ambition to eat. Plus he is limping again. I'm waiting to hear back from my folks, they took him to the vet this morning.

88Nightmare
05-09-2007, 11:32 AM
well some good news. the dogs physical checkup is excellent. heart rate is totally normal, eyes arent cloudy, breathing/lungs sound great, temp is normal, we will hear back about bloodwork this afternoon, but the vet said he couldnt find anything wrong. he didnt prescribe any medication or anything, but the folks said he really seemed to perk up on the car ride, so maybe there is hope yet. what a relief. we were all pretty torn up about it this morning.