PDA

View Full Version : Whos got the black 03 cobra with the auto conversion?

Nickerz
05-07-2007, 11:33 PM
I saw an auto 03 Cobra today, and for damn sure I listened and it was auto. Someone is packing some serious power, or handicapped... one of the two. My guess is a KB, boltons, some gas and a big stall. So if you seen an 03 and it sounds auto, don't bet the farm on your run. :wow

BOSS LX
05-07-2007, 11:35 PM
I have a feeling that it is the slowest car this person, or persons own.:rolf

Nickerz
05-07-2007, 11:39 PM
I have a feeling that it is the slowest car this person, or persons own.:rolf

My thoughts exactly, I heard him roll out... and im thinking... did I just hear him stall that? Of course, the only time I have ever heard of auto conversions on stick only cars are for either huge hp\ETs or for people that are disabled. It was slammed and running on the anniversary rims, other than that it looked stock. Too bad he didn't do a 200 yard burnout for me. Then again I don't rile people up in my DD, otherwise they think im a rice boiy. Someone let me know if they run into that guy, so we can get some info on that car.

A B4C Z
05-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Give it time he and she is on here. They will chime in

BOSS LX
05-07-2007, 11:42 PM
My thoughts exactly, I heard him roll out... and im thinking... did I just hear him stall that? Of course, the only time I have ever heard of auto conversions on stick only cars are for either huge hp\ETs or for people that are disabled. It was slammed and running on the anniversary rims, other than that it looked stock. Too bad he didn't do a 200 yard burnout for me. Then again I don't rile people up in my DD, otherwise they think im a rice boiy. Someone let me know if they run into that guy, so we can get some info on that car.

But I still wouldn't bet the farm.

Flicktitty
05-07-2007, 11:44 PM
yeah i heard it's slow....

but then agian didn't Andy say if you wanna go fast go auto?

Nickerz
05-07-2007, 11:44 PM
But I still wouldn't bet the farm.
Im sure whatever he's packing would be within your realm. The vast majority of us aren't driving around in rides that lightem up on the freeway though :rolf

Nickerz
05-07-2007, 11:45 PM
yeah i heard it's slow....

but then agian didn't Andy say if you wanna go fast go auto?

Seriously? Don't tell me this guy converted an 03 cobra near stock to auto because he doesn't like stick... that would just be a damn shame. Well better than what I rock, but still... COME ON.

Flicktitty
05-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Seriously? Don't tell me this guy converted an 03 cobra near stock to auto because he doesn't like stick... that would just be a damn shame. Well better than what I rock, but still... COME ON.

actually it's less then stock, it's a Auto V6 with a Cam and exhaust with the cobra bumpers and badges...:thumbsup

BOSS LX
05-07-2007, 11:51 PM
I also heard this guy may have swapped out the IRS, tell me this isn't true???

Nickerz
05-08-2007, 12:41 AM
actually it's less then stock, it's a Auto V6 with a Cam and exhaust with the cobra bumpers and badges...:thumbsup
awww shit. Now I just look like a ******* n00b. Im really not though. :punch:

Nickerz
05-08-2007, 12:42 AM
I also heard this guy may have swapped out the IRS, tell me this isn't true???

Confirmed by an unnamed that it has a live axle, eaton sc, boltons and auto. Sounds like it's some secret. Well ill tell you want, anyone running an auto 03 cobra isn't sneaking up on anyone that knows anything about cars.

DoubleAron
05-08-2007, 07:40 AM
It's a slug I wouldn't sweat it!

2SLOW
05-08-2007, 07:43 AM
wasn't it up at culvers on Saturday?

HRSEPLA
05-08-2007, 09:02 AM
You knuckleheads:rolf
Its my wife Tina's, I did put a built AODE/stall, and a solid axle in it, (Sorry to all the purists) Tina tore 2 discs in her back a couple years ago and the clutch made her back hurt, and I didnt even want to trash that IRS even once, coupled with the fact it actually did make the car quicker was fine with me.:)
It just has a 2.93 pulley, K&N, and some flowmasters. I went to the track only once right when I did the Auto swap and it went 11.60 @116 on the 17's.

It does'nt have the Kenne Bell or Whipple yet, but it will happen... See you guys at Culver's! Sam
P.S. I dont play that Secret crapola, always willing to talk cars!

fly5150
05-08-2007, 09:08 AM
And Sam loves ricers................
:)

juicedimpss
05-08-2007, 09:20 AM
that car does look sweet.

Feature Pony
05-08-2007, 09:21 AM
those clutches are no joke, plus a auto will hold up better and shift fast than a stick any day of the week!! If Sam ever sells his notch I want first dibs!! LOL

Nickerz
05-08-2007, 09:34 AM
You knuckleheads:rolf
Its my wife Tina's, I did put a built AODE/stall, and a solid axle in it, (Sorry to all the purists) Tina tore 2 discs in her back a couple years ago and the clutch made her back hurt, and I didnt even want to trash that IRS even once, coupled with the fact it actually did make the car quicker was fine with me.:)
It just has a 2.93 pulley, K&N, and some flowmasters. I went to the track only once right when I did the Auto swap and it went 11.60 @116 on the 17's.

It does'nt have the Kenne Bell or Whipple yet, but it will happen... See you guys at Culver's! Sam
Next time you see a 2002 silver honda civic coupe or beat up 5.0 lunging next to you, it's just me trying to get you to get on it. I saw you over by I64 and hwy 59.

DoubleAron
05-08-2007, 09:51 AM
My wife said see saw that snail over by Oakdale and Hwy 59 this morning.:thumbsup

johnny--2k
05-08-2007, 09:58 AM

Thats what I like to hear!

I cant stand it when people are all secretive about their stuff. Why spend the money if you cant show it off a bit....if you got it, flaunt it right?:goof

HRSEPLA
05-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Thats what I like to hear!

I cant stand it when people are all secretive about their stuff. Why spend the money if you cant show it off a bit....if you got it, flaunt it right?:goof

People have their reasons I guess, if you race for $ and dont want people to speculate from your parts list what you'll run, but whatever, I know I just hated when I was young, trying to ask someone about their cool car and they tried to play all hardball and say "Stock" and try and snicker with their buddies, then you proceed call them out and whoop it.(More often than not):)
I just like to hear what people 'really' have done and how it performs, etc. I like all cars, not just Fords, I dont even waste my time with bullshit conversations anymore... I'd rather talk to someone as passionate about it as most of us.
Thanks for the compliments!
Dont be offended if I dont Hammer on it every time someone hollers, theres always times and places now lol I cant get another Drag racing ticket on the HWY

twirkin50
05-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Sam and Tina are what the car hobby is all about. First time I met them and started talking cars it was like we had met years ago. Totally down to earth and have a stable full of bad a$$ whips!!

I have to get to culver's one of these days...........

johnny--2k
05-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Amen To That!!

Waver
05-08-2007, 04:49 PM
When I first met sam all he had was the vert....however that was a long time ago when mcdonalds still allowed latemodels at the show....sam is a good guy and willing to help you out with your car....just ask him

Myles
05-08-2007, 05:14 PM
All his cars are slow, they are all mustangs!!

:P

HRSEPLA
05-08-2007, 05:30 PM
C'mon Pyles, brang it! ^
To everyone else, get your cars out and get out to Culver's!!! And introduce yourself, as there are sooo many people on here, its hard to put faces to the names!

Flicktitty
05-08-2007, 10:42 PM
C'mon Pyles, brang it! ^
To everyone else, get your cars out and get out to Culver's!!! And introduce yourself, as there are sooo many people on here, its hard to put faces to the names!

wait who are you? :goof

Nickerz
05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
ill come out after the 21st if you guys won't laugh to hard at my new 5 0 project. It won't be painted till later next month so it's gonna be BUSTED!