PDA

View Full Version : What do you think????

Cutlass Queen
05-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Okay, as most of you probably know I am fixing up my motorcycle that got totaled out last year in September. I finally have the parts back from the painter, everything I ordered came in the mail, and all I was waiting on was the triple plate chroming on the rims to be finished. Well today was the day they were suppose to be done. So I called up the company (which I'll leave un-named) and they tell me that one of my rims are bent! I'm finding it hard for me to believe this because I rode the bike after the accident and I felt no wobble, vibration, etc. Prior to buying the bike back I had various people ride it as well to hear their opinion on if the rims were bent, frame okay, etc. We all let go of the handlebars to see if it followed straight, got it up to high speeds, etc. Everything checked out great and rode the same before the accident occured. Hell I continued to ride it until I tore it down in December!

So I call up again and they say that it's not balancing correctly on the machine, but what I don't get is if they have to dip them why the machine? The only reason I went to this place was because it was in town, I heard good things about them, they guaranteed!!! me the rims to be done in 4 weeks, and I even spent over $100 more on them to make sure they were done in time. I put a deposit down on them and everything. So after being blown off 3 times, I call again and all the stories I have heard from them aren't the same!

I'm thinking the rims aren't done in the required time and instead of admitting it they are making excuses up, which the excuses they are giving me aren't too reassuring about the rims at all. Now that the rims are already stripped down and what not.... I'm stuck with waiting for them either way.

What do you guys think I should do? Ask for some money knocked off of the already high bill I have with them? Tell them that if this situation doesn't improve such as keeping me informed on the status or telling the truth on them, I will call up the BBB and file a complaint or possibly do the whole Contact 6 thing again if I'm not taken care of again? Any ideas or comments guys?:(

juicedimpss
05-07-2007, 03:39 PM
a bit extreme in an early stage.
maybe talk to the owner/manager to find out the true story first?

FWIW chromers are all slow,the chemicals are expensive and they often wait for a full batch to run.

Want_Notch
05-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I agree with Ron. Get ahold of the owner, or show up in person and ask to see the bent rim. It's local right?

scottie K
05-07-2007, 03:49 PM
well if they told you and you paid extra to have them guaranted done in 4 weeks...if its in writing you have a leg to stand on ...... how would they know if your rim is bent? I would name the place .... so if anyone else goes ther they know what to expect..

I would just show up also and ask them to show you the rims.... PS if your rim is bent IT WOBBLES TRUST ME ...!!!!!!!! I road around on one for a month

Cutlass Queen
05-07-2007, 04:30 PM
After thinking this out for a while, I think I'm gonna give this place a couple more days to see if they get ahold of me, if not I'll do what you guys said and stop in there on one of my breaks to talk to the manager/owner along with giving them a call to let them know. Imo, I think they aren't done and if thats the case I'm okay with that. I just don't like them telling me a rim is bent that wasn't when I brought it in originally.

Thanks for the advice so far guys. I appreciate it :thumbsup

scottie K
05-07-2007, 04:45 PM
THATS THE WAY!!!!:stare

Nickerz
05-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Welcome to doing business with 95% of the world. It makes me sick, because I never treat my customers like half of these scumbags do. When I have deeper discounts, BCM members will benefit greatly!

pOrk
05-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Pull the wheels out and paint them, chrome is too heavy

Cutlass Queen
05-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Pull the wheels out and paint them, chrome is too heavy

If it comes down to it, I did find a nice set of aftermarket lightweight polished rims :thumbsup If I get tempted enough, the ninja may be rolling on the street with a brand new set of aftermarkets and these up for sale online:thumbsup

Al
05-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Just how bent is it?

Brandon W.
05-08-2007, 02:55 PM
id rather take it to court then take it publicly like channel 6. that could ruin a business. and that would not be fair if a buisness went down because of one mess up..id go down there and check it out for myself...*steps off soap box*

scaleracer
05-08-2007, 03:07 PM
swift kick in the a$$ (just kidding) talk to the owner to get your rims done free of charge because they screwed them up and get money off the bill for the inconvenience! THEY MESSED IT UP THEY SHOULD MAKE IT UP TO YOU!!

Cutlass Queen
05-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Just how bent is it?

Thats the thing, when I took the rims in they weren't bent! Now they're telling me that they are....:mad: I don't wanna make a big deal out of this I just want courtesy calls to update me on the status of the rims, the real story since I have gotten 3 different ones now, the extra money I paid to get them done in the guaranteed 4 weeks knocked off, and well my rims back cuz my bike has been torn down for 6 months now and I want to ride it already:crying