PDA

View Full Version : Project Two Cars for Kids May 12 2-7 pm

ProjectTwo
05-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Project Two Customs Annual Car Show and Open House will be held Saturday May 12 from 2-7 pm. There will also be a cruise with over 75 cars from the Moreland park and ride to the show starting at 3 o'clock sharp if anyone is interested or just wants to have some fun. There will be food provided by Cousin's Subs, a raffle and silent auction with sports ticket packages and stereo equipment, etc. We also have a few after party festivities for those who come late or want to stick around. 20% of sales from Cousin's and all raffle proceeds will go to the Child Abuse Prevention Fund. Hope to see you there!

Our flyer is at http://www.projecttwo.com/Project-2-Car-Show-Poster.jpg

Flicktitty
05-07-2007, 10:38 AM
i'll be there!

stowsea
05-07-2007, 10:59 AM
i'll be there!

of course you will, FREE FOOD!

ill try and make it

Flicktitty
05-07-2007, 02:43 PM
of course you will, FREE FOOD!

ill try and make it
you know damn well you won't go

rally_scort
05-07-2007, 05:29 PM
ill be there

Cryptic
05-07-2007, 09:29 PM
beat me to it... I got busy this weekend.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/images/project2_carshow2007.gif

ProjectTwo
05-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Here is a list of some of the cars that will be attending

http://www.projecttwo.com/carlist.jpg

ProjectTwo
05-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Thanks Cryptic

Flicktitty
05-07-2007, 10:05 PM
WOW! thats a pretty healthy list!

Reverend Cooper
05-07-2007, 10:07 PM
hoping to make it to this

Cryptic
05-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Thanks Cryptic

on home page as well...

stowsea
05-07-2007, 10:38 PM
now i definitely want to go!

2SLOW
05-08-2007, 07:40 AM
so it's not a classic car show?

ProjectTwo
05-08-2007, 08:21 AM
There will also be a classic car club with about 20 cars that are not on the list right now. Everyone is welcome.

WilliamZ
05-08-2007, 10:39 AM
I hope the weather is going to be good! I am excited for this! It's going to be crazy...

FANAT1C
05-08-2007, 10:40 AM
More info on the cruise. Where's the park-n-ride around Moreland? What time?

JMG853
05-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Jason -

Thanks for the post. I sent the location for the park and ride lot via email. It is Waukesha County Park & Ride Lot 67-05 (I43 and Moreland Road).

As some of you might gather, this is our first event of the year. I posted it out on this thread -
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18520&page=2.

My friends at Project Two Customs and I joined forces and May 12, 2007 should be a lot of fun.

JG853

More info on the cruise. Where's the park-n-ride around Moreland? What time?

FANAT1C
05-08-2007, 11:19 AM
I didn't realize there was a cruise to the show. I guess I should have checked my email. :durr Thanks!

sworaz
05-08-2007, 11:57 AM
I'll be coming to this....:banana1:

JMG853
05-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Jason -

No big deal. We will see you at the park & ride lot. Which car are you bringing?

JG853

I didn't realize there was a cruise to the show. I guess I should have checked my email. :durr Thanks!

JMG853
05-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Sworaz -

Excellent. I sent you an email with the park & ride lot directions. Are you meeting us at the Park & Ride lot in between 3:15PM and 3:30PM?

Let me know.

JG853

I'll be coming to this....:banana1:

FANAT1C
05-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Jason -

No big deal. We will see you at the park & ride lot. Which car are you bringing?

JG853

Look for a sonic blue '90 Mustang. What will you be taking?

JMG853
05-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Cool - Love that color.

I will be in a Z06.

This is going to be a lot of fun.

JG853

Look for a sonic blue '90 Mustang. What will you be taking?

SmokinRAM114
05-08-2007, 04:33 PM
well ill be there i live 5min away.

Yellow2k1vette
05-08-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm on the list and should be there.

:haveabeer

Brian98GTP
05-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Hmmmm... My football game should be over with by about Noon, so I think I'll try and head down to the P/R by 3.

Anyone from the Northside want to caravan down there?

Reverend Cooper
05-08-2007, 08:47 PM
ya we could do that^

Brian98GTP
05-08-2007, 08:53 PM
I'll let you know if something changes Coop, but either way I'll shoot you a PM later in the week. :thumbsup

JMG853
05-08-2007, 09:35 PM
How is that G5X4 cam :headbang

Looking forward to heawring it

JG853

I'm on the list and should be there.

JMG853
05-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Looking forward to meeting you guys.

I can check to see who is heading down from the North on my list and get back to you and Sonic Blue Roush:rock:

Hmmmm... My football game should be over with by about Noon, so I think I'll try and head down to the P/R by 3.

Anyone from the Northside want to caravan down there?

turbogarrett
05-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Count me in!

Flicktitty
05-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Count me in!

you showing your car?:drool:

And how much is it to show a car my buddy called me asking.

JMG853
05-09-2007, 06:18 AM
The cost is $0.

If you guys want to be added to the distribution list that I send updates via email, please PM me with your email addresses and make/model/year of car.

Best Regards,

JG853

you showing your car?:drool:

And how much is it to show a car my buddy called me asking.

Poncho
05-09-2007, 04:11 PM
any trophies?

my dad wants to go, but he's to the point where he'd go to a show for a trophy, but not to one w/out any.

I can take my stock junk down there.

FANAT1C
05-09-2007, 04:18 PM
You gonna meet at the park n ride?

Poncho
05-09-2007, 04:19 PM
i work 6-2. so I'd need a certain Jer to detail my car prior to the show, while I'm workin, and there would be some cash in his pocket for the job

FANAT1C
05-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Hope Jer can get it done for you. (What about the day before?)

Poncho
05-09-2007, 04:30 PM
possibly, i just don't want a gull to shit on my car in the parking lot while I'm at work

70challenger
05-10-2007, 11:02 PM
ill be there, i only live 2 miles away. and i work across the parking lot

Slow Joe
05-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Maybe I'll detail up the Convertible and we'll go... It needs to get use to shows... :rolf

ricksws7
05-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Changing the gears with BAD ls1 in the morning. If all goes ok I will be there. 10 min. from my house

Poncho
05-12-2007, 09:25 AM
It's official my father w/ his '55 Bel-Air and me and my junky (but cleaned up) GTO will be attending & crusing w/ the group.

FANAT1C
05-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Pretty cool that you got dad to join! :thumbsup See you there.

Poncho
05-12-2007, 09:38 AM
you'll bring the mustang, not the explorer?

FANAT1C
05-12-2007, 09:44 AM
you'll bring the mustang, not the explorer?

:goof Yeah.

But I know you were impressed with the suv. :D

Poncho
05-12-2007, 09:49 AM
i don't even have another car to drive, so actually I was.

RanJer
05-12-2007, 01:08 PM
i don't even have another car to drive, so actually I was.

You still hangin out in town after? Bonfire?

Flicktitty
05-12-2007, 01:54 PM
i'll be leaving for the show in about 30 min or so.

Poncho
05-13-2007, 12:54 AM
A little disappointed in the show overall. I think the highlight for me was to get a big f-in' smokie when I left, and have people cheer. The road there was effed up as I almost lost it when I started to roll out.

I think those Ford GTs and Ferarris, Lotus's, and other high end exotics needed to keep it under 75 on the freeway to the show, the groups never got to stay together, and just cuz the cops gave us a free pass didn't mean we had to break ALL the laws. I think it's awefully damn rediculous that people were movin' so fast on the freeway, just getting there. Cool it down, theres no rush. My poor dad didn't even make it from the Park & Ride to the show due to the speeds of people. No way in hell his '55 would even get past 110 likely before he's outta revs, and no way in hell a 60 year old guy in a 52 year old classic is gonna take his pride and joy for over 30 years is going to subject his car to anything over 75 unless he's drag racing. He said he ended up in a large pack that got totally lost and eventually they all gave up and dissapated.

'55 Bel-Air + 350 + 4 speed + 4.10 gears = not worth turning 6 grand on the freeway just to keep up. Hell, it redlines at 5500 at best.

Hope the Joel & Project II see this, as this pretty much put a sour taste in some peoples mouths. I heard more than one person comment on the ludacris speeds we HAD to go just to keep up.

My dad told me, (after he made his hour trip home) He said he and a ton of other cars lost the main group and never even made it to the show. I know he was awefully irritated. spends all this time cleaning up his car, then drives an hour down at no better than 14mpg (premium yet) then loses the group, and had to find his was home in the maze that is the middle of Waukesha, and waste more time and more expensive gas. I know he'll never go again.

Also I see there were people w/ professional cameras, either we were on the news or someone was making a professional style vid?? whats up w/ that and can I get a copy? and if anyone took any pics of my junk cleaned up for the first time ever send em to me. It looked so good for once that I made that other GTO look like a 10 year old car. Underhood was horrible, fuel rail covers missing half it's paint, all he had was some aftermarket wheels.

I dunno for me, just cuz you have a new exotic doesn't mean it should be at a show. I can go to the dealership and see stock cars. Further more the idea of a car show should = SHOW CARs. Among the nice, there were a few aweful things. somebodys Mercedes G series SUV? some completely stock early '00's beamer 4-door? No reason to take them to a show and "show them" Nothin' to see? I always thought car shows were for modified cars, or stock CLASSIC cars.

My car is a daily driven car that I spent my entire friday and all of my saturday before the show shining up and detailing. At the show, I think it was cleaner than when I took delivery. That being said, I feel like I wasted my time on it. People rolled in, parked, and left after an hour.

I'm used to a different kinda "carshow" and this was something alot different. I grew up on classic car shows with 32-75 era cars in shows mostly. It was cool to see all the variety. I think I was one of the the only ones there w/ a spec sheet on my car, year, make, model, engine, trans, rear, factory ratings, then a mod list though, it was kinda funny.

I had an OK time, but I don't want to say too much bad, as it was still cool and I totally appreciated their efforts. Maybe they weren't expecting such a large turnout, and it got a little hairy?

Brian98GTP
05-13-2007, 01:37 AM
I think it's awefully damn rediculous that I had to clear 130mph just to not lose the main pack.

I heard more than one person comment on the ludacris speeds we HAD to go just to keep up.

Why on Earth wouldn't you retards print out a fvcking map? You have to plan ahead incase you get separated from the pack. Do you think everyone is going to make it through every intersection without getting a red light? C'mon....
You cant blame the other guys for your dad not making it to the show. Its his fault, and his fault only (well, maybe yours, since you didnt give him the address of where the show was :) ).

You know as well as I do, you did not HAVE to go over a buck thirty on the damn highway. Jesus Christ, you act like someone had a gun to your head. :rolleyes:
Just because other retards wanna drive like the homo's in Fast and the Furious 2, doesnt mean you have to follow suit.

Ok, I'm done with my rant, LOL. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/rant.gif

nismodave
05-13-2007, 01:52 AM
I enjoyed the show!!!!

Good job Project Two!!!

If you dont make a map and plan for the worst thats your fault.

Poncho
05-13-2007, 01:54 AM
I'll tell the old man to buy a printer. I'm moving, mines packed away. I knew of the area, but we took a screwy ass way to get there. It's just crazy when the large majority of a group is hitting it so hard. Though I'll say it was totally not where I expected.

edited main post cuz it jumped around alot and sounded stupid, and wasn't CLEAR on the objective.

Flicktitty
05-13-2007, 01:56 AM
i had alot of fun, i got there about 30 min before the "cruise" got there.

saw very badass cars there, nice to see some familiar faces, i think they got more cars then i think they were expecting.

Brian98GTP
05-13-2007, 01:58 AM
I think Waukesha is just about as bad as Madison as far as figuring out where the hell you are, and how to get where you're going. Obviously not for the Waukesha natives, but I rarely get out that way, which is why I drove around for and extra 1/2 hour trying to find the place. Turned out Google's map was outdated. :chair:

Poncho
05-13-2007, 02:01 AM
BTW brian your car looked badass! at least I think it was yours?

Brian98GTP
05-13-2007, 02:05 AM
Thanks. I got there WAY later than I wanted, but they had me park in the loading dock. I was chatting with a friend near yours I think, it looked clean as well.
I think the only time my car looked badass, was when I left. :devil
Im pretty sure they taped it all though, right?

Poncho
05-13-2007, 02:10 AM
i hope they did. (tape it) With all the expensive filming cameras I saw, they must be makin' something of it. In hindsight, I had a good time, it wasn't what I was expecting, but thats not totally bad, just weird to see so much nice american iron -- muscle mingling w/ high strung exotics.

I just wanna go back and see my tire marks, LOL. That really like the 2nd time I ever did a big ass burnout like that. 3rd set of tires are a charm, I had been tryin' to make them last.

some d-bag in a blue 350Z made me laugh, he kept doing these long free revs @ the park & ride, and then @ the show too while rolling thru a crowd..

nismodave
05-13-2007, 02:11 AM
I enjoyed the exotics, and the people that worked at the shop were friendly.....There were many nice local and ILL cars there.

A good # of BCMers there.

Id give the show a 7.5 out of 10.

I will bet the house, next years show will be twice as big.

Brian98GTP
05-13-2007, 02:13 AM
Towards the end, the cousins subs guy was selling off what he had left for $2!!! I ate so much, I felt like yacking once I left the industrial park. :puke

I wonder if they got him to do a burnout when he left...???

Poncho
05-13-2007, 02:16 AM
where was the cousins guy? i totally missed that, i didn't have breakfast or lunch, figured that'd be my lunch, finally ate when I got home here @ 12

Brian98GTP
05-13-2007, 02:18 AM
I just wanna go back and see my tire marks, LOL. That really like the 2nd time I ever did a big ass burnout like that. 3rd set of tires are a charm, I had been tryin' to make them last.

I'm sure I covered up whatever you had. I'm not bragging, but I held it there for a good minute before taking off.
Yours, and that silver Z06 were the only other great ones IMO. And that yellow drag car..... I dont even remember what make, but I think it was trailered there.

Brian98GTP
05-13-2007, 02:20 AM
where was the cousins guy? i totally missed that, i didn't have breakfast or lunch, figured that'd be my lunch, finally ate when I got home here @ 12

He was parked next to Brad with the fireworks for awhile, then later on he was parked in front of the overhead doors.

nismodave
05-13-2007, 02:32 AM
Now that I think about it......There were a buttload of BCMers there.

nismodave
05-13-2007, 02:41 AM
TornadoGarrett bitched up on doing a burner.

nismodave
05-13-2007, 02:46 AM
I made sure Williamz popped his collar before his burner.:rolf

70challenger
05-13-2007, 02:47 AM
i went back and saw ur marks (as well as others). not a bad turnout, but it seemed like ther was no cars, then aton of cars, then no cars half an hour later. i think u had one of the best burnouts that i saw!! props for gettin started +1 for u!!

i hope they did. (tape it) With all the expensive filming cameras I saw, they must be makin' something of it. In hindsight, I had a good time, it wasn't what I was expecting, but thats not totally bad, just weird to see so much nice american iron -- muscle mingling w/ high strung exotics.

some d-bag in a blue 350Z made me laugh, he kept doing these long free revs @ the park & ride, and then @ the show too while rolling thru a crowd..

turbogarrett
05-13-2007, 02:58 AM
:rolf:banana1: :goof :banana :alcoholic

Just got home from the local watering hole. Good show with a great mix of cars:headbang We need more car get togethers like this.

70challenger
05-13-2007, 03:03 AM
hell yah we do culvers, the old aamco building something, everyone needs to meet up!!

:rolf:banana1: :goof :banana :alcoholic

Just got home from the local watering hole. Good show with a great mix of cars:headbang We need more car get togethers like this.

fly5150
05-13-2007, 09:30 AM
hell yah we do culvers, the old aamco building something, everyone needs to meet up!!

A few of us were talking about the monday night car show in waukesha. I think Williamz is gonn atalk to Jeff and see if we can do that again. Always a fun time there.

JMG853
05-13-2007, 10:12 AM
JudgeThis -

Thanks for the note. Points very well. taken. In fact, while I was taking to many of the guys I told them a few of your exact points below.

- I agree with you on the freeway. We had the road blocked off so all of us could get across the street and on the freeway together. Then, we could all stay in line in the right lane and follow each other to the show. This did not mean go fast to catch up to someone. So to fix this in the future (Actually, I did this all last year), I will be greeting everyone at the June 15, 2007 Cruise to the Gurnee Car Show. I will supply a sheet with directions and "Cruise guidelines" so everyone knows to stay in line and cruise together so no one gets left behind. I will lead the pack all of for the cruises (As I have done in the past) so I can determine the pace. Please tell you father that I apologize and this will not happen again.

- In terms of the cars, my goal is to bring all sports cars together. My friends have the extotics, Ford GT's, Porsche's, Vettes, Vipers, NSX's Cadillac's, Supra's, EVO's, 350Z's, etc. It is fine that you have a muscle car, or 55 Chevrolet, etc. They are all welcome. It is a mix of past and present. The common factor being that we are all auto entusiasts. I guess the way I look at this is that how often do you see the kinds of cars I had there together all at once? We all take great pride in detailing our cars (As do you) and and to me, they are just as show worthy as any classic, musle, street rod, etc. out there. But that is just my humble opinion. There were people that showed up who were not on my list (With the truck that you mentioned below, etc. - I understand your point on this, but they could have been friends of someone in the cruise. Thus, I will control this as well to a point. I could say that any of the local car shows that run in the area weekly get the same type of thing happen to them. Also, please note that I brought guys on my cruise list to Project Two's Car Show. It is there second time running this event. They will work on it and keep making it better and better each year.

- In terms of people getting lost - I need to provide everyone with directions via a sheet of paper. I do agree with your point. I thought that the cruise to the show would work, given that we all stay in line. But the freeway line was broken apart as I mentioned above. I stayed back and was clling people from my telephone to give them directions and also waited on the side of the street and pointed the directions until everyone that I saw was turning into Project Two. I will make all of the necessary changes to ensure that this does not ever happen again. I hope that you and your father come in June to the June 15, 2007 Gurnee Cruise. I know that you will go home saying it was worth it and you had fun. We will not lose anybody along the way, and we will keep the speeds to ensure that higher geared cars can be driven safely.

- In terms of the tunrout, it was very well received and I want to thank everyone who participated. What will make it a lot easier on me is if people sent me there email address via PM on this site so I can add you to the distribtuion list. Then, I know if you are coming or not. If you are still not on the distribuiton list, please send me a PM with your name, make, model, and year of your car. In June, I will have the check list made again and I will line up the cars at the Park & ride. I will round everyone up and explain the cruise guidlines before we leave and cruise down to Gurnee as well (While also giving everyone the sheet of directions, contact number, etc. when you check in). I will take ownership of getting all your points rectified by the June 15, 2007 Cruise. That is a promise.

I did not get a chance to talk more in depth you you and your dad. I wanted to, but as the coordinator, I barely got to talk to anyone in detail. Going back to the way I ran these last year, all of you and your Dad's concerns will be taken car of. I hope that you and your father come in June to see for yourself. I know that you will go home after the show with a different view and opinion. Thank you and your father for coming out and I hope to see you again in June where I can change your outlook.

Best Regards,

Joel Gawronski

A little disappointed in the show overall. I think the highlight for me was to get a big f-in' smokie when I left, and have people cheer. The road there was effed up as I almost lost it when I started to roll out.

I think those Ford GTs and Ferarris, Lotus's, and other high end exotics needed to keep it under 75 on the freeway to the show, the groups never got to stay together, and just cuz the cops gave us a free pass didn't mean we had to break ALL the laws. I think it's awefully damn rediculous that people were movin' so fast on the freeway, just getting there. Cool it down, theres no rush. My poor dad didn't even make it from the Park & Ride to the show due to the speeds of people. No way in hell his '55 would even get past 110 likely before he's outta revs, and no way in hell a 60 year old guy in a 52 year old classic is gonna take his pride and joy for over 30 years is going to subject his car to anything over 75 unless he's drag racing. He said he ended up in a large pack that got totally lost and eventually they all gave up and dissapated.

'55 Bel-Air + 350 + 4 speed + 4.10 gears = not worth turning 6 grand on the freeway just to keep up. Hell, it redlines at 5500 at best.

Hope the Joel & Project II see this, as this pretty much put a sour taste in some peoples mouths. I heard more than one person comment on the ludacris speeds we HAD to go just to keep up.

My dad told me, (after he made his hour trip home) He said he and a ton of other cars lost the main group and never even made it to the show. I know he was awefully irritated. spends all this time cleaning up his car, then drives an hour down at no better than 14mpg (premium yet) then loses the group, and had to find his was home in the maze that is the middle of Waukesha, and waste more time and more expensive gas. I know he'll never go again.

Also I see there were people w/ professional cameras, either we were on the news or someone was making a professional style vid?? whats up w/ that and can I get a copy? and if anyone took any pics of my junk cleaned up for the first time ever send em to me. It looked so good for once that I made that other GTO look like a 10 year old car. Underhood was horrible, fuel rail covers missing half it's paint, all he had was some aftermarket wheels.

I dunno for me, just cuz you have a new exotic doesn't mean it should be at a show. I can go to the dealership and see stock cars. Further more the idea of a car show should = SHOW CARs. Among the nice, there were a few aweful things. somebodys Mercedes G series SUV? some completely stock early '00's beamer 4-door? No reason to take them to a show and "show them" Nothin' to see? I always thought car shows were for modified cars, or stock CLASSIC cars.

My car is a daily driven car that I spent my entire friday and all of my saturday before the show shining up and detailing. At the show, I think it was cleaner than when I took delivery. That being said, I feel like I wasted my time on it. People rolled in, parked, and left after an hour.

I'm used to a different kinda "carshow" and this was something alot different. I grew up on classic car shows with 32-75 era cars in shows mostly. It was cool to see all the variety. I think I was one of the the only ones there w/ a spec sheet on my car, year, make, model, engine, trans, rear, factory ratings, then a mod list though, it was kinda funny.

I had an OK time, but I don't want to say too much bad, as it was still cool and I totally appreciated their efforts. Maybe they weren't expecting such a large turnout, and it got a little hairy?

JMG853
05-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Judge This - I forgot to mention that Project Two was taking the film. Pictures and the video will be available to view on their website. You will be able to download that to your computer.

Best Regads,

Joel Gawronski

fly5150
05-13-2007, 11:18 AM
You are an idiot. You drive a stock GTO with a little motor work. Sh1t you even have stock wheels. So how can you say anything about stock cars beign there? I saw more modified exotics there than anything else. As far as the cruise goes, Brad in the Viper and Andy in the Ferarri were the front of tha pack and only doing 65 the whole time. How you would be doing 110 to keep up is amazing to me.
On a side note, for someone that blew up their motor, you are all about driving like an idiot. But your stock looking car sure wins all the car shows I bet.
*rant off*

ProjectTwo
05-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks to everyone that came. Yes it did get a little overwhelming as far as the number of cars. If we do this again in the future there will definitely be a distribution of maps. Brad (underpsidisplays) and I were the lead cars, and I can tell you that we never went over 70 on the freeway, there were just so many cars that it was difficult to stay together once we hit the stop lights. SO we apologize for anyone that got left behind, that was not the intent. I guess someone needs to get a Mirt traffic light changer ;) Anyways, it was a great turnout. Special thanks to Joel for doing A LOT of work putting the whole cruise together, you made it a great and fun day for a lot of people. Also, the cruise, show, and burnouts was all taped with an HD professional camcorder and I'm pretty sure we got you, JudgeThis with a great burnout. Anyone that is interested in a copy of the video on DVD PM me, it will be a free distribution as long as it's not a million people and the first people that get it can make copies and help distribute it. The edited video won't be ready for a week or so, but I have the raw footage if anyone wants to come over and sit through it.

THANKS AGAIN!! Also, pictures will be up at www.projecttwo.com this afternoon.

Reverend Cooper
05-13-2007, 11:27 AM
maybe dan can run the cruise next year.

Yellow2k1vette
05-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Joel and ProjectTwo, thanks again for the great event, I enjoyed it. :thumbsup

nismodave
05-13-2007, 11:59 AM

Your car looked awesome!!:drool:

Poncho
05-13-2007, 12:05 PM
don't get worked up all cuz of me. if nobody ever said anything about anything, then, well nobody would ever speak up. I don't think I said anything mean or horrible, I just wanted to voice my concern from someone thats been going to carshows their entire lives, but this is only the 2nd time I've taken anything of mine to a show anyway.

you are all about driving like an idiot while I will admit at times the adrenaline got pumpin', I didn't do anything that anyone else didn't do. also meaning, the only thing I did was the burnout when I left, but hey half the people there were idiots too, so i don't mind.

Sorry for voicing any opinion. I really did have a great time. I'm just bummed, cuz my father and I NEVER do anything together. We are both into cars, but the interests dont' seem no line up at all. This is the FIRST time in my life that I've gotten him to get his '55 out of the garage and go to a show with me. We went to shows when I was a little kid, but thats different. It meant a ton to me, mostly because he's 60, and I know my time with him is dwindling, especially with his health.

I'm sorry for sayin' what was on my mind. It just sucks cuz now I feel like I blew it w/ him, and he won't ever do this kind of thing w/ me. I think any of you that has lost a father would know how much you'd give to spend time w/ them. I think the quick passing of Tom's dad reminded me that iI need to try to do more with my dad before it's too late and he's gone.

and I really need to stop posting when I have alcohol on me, as I "over-think" and "over-opinionate" sorry about my post last night

Yellow2k1vette
05-13-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm just bummed, cuz my father and I NEVER do anything together. We are both into cars, but the interests dont' seem no line up at all. This is the FIRST time in my life that I've gotten him to get his '55 out of the garage and go to a show with me. Dan, it was good to meet you yesterday.

Consider bringing your dad to the 4th of July car show at Holz Chevy,..the Hwy and Forest Home Ave in Franklin. An "all car" car show, plenty of classics and muscle cars, as well some some new stuff. Huge turnout, 500+ cars, and both of your cars will fit right in, pretty much describes exactly what you both want to see at a car show.

Dave, thanks for the compliment. Other than Dan, I'm sure I talked to a lot of the BCM members yesterday, but without screen names, I don't know who is who yet. :D

GRAMPS SS
05-13-2007, 12:29 PM
not say that the proslow wagon is in anyway a show car...just something for fun and work...but i wanted to go..asked for directions and no one gave them....Brain98GTP came to the shop to order shirts and said where everyone was meeting , but i couldn't get there in time...but i wanted to go...maybe for the next years show ...directions can be put up for us lame people...

Flicktitty
05-13-2007, 12:32 PM
not say that the proslow wagon is in anyway a show car...just something for fun and work...but i wanted to go..asked for directions and no one gave them....Brain98GTP came to the shop to order shirts and said where everyone was meeting , but i couldn't get there in time...but i wanted to go...maybe for the next years show ...directions can be put up for us lame people...

www.mapquest.com

worked for me :thumbsup

GRAMPS SS
05-13-2007, 12:40 PM
thanks flick...didnt think of that...thought with my post for directions...someone would come forth with them....next time i'll give your idea a shot....:thumbsup

UnderPSI
05-13-2007, 05:21 PM
The car show was great. I have never seen so many nice cars in one spot before. Collectors, modified, exotics, trucks, bikes.....That was the most diverse group of cars. That is what the show was all about though. No trophies or politics, just a bunch of people that love cars.

I am already looking forward to next years show. Driving the Viper in the cruise was definitly a highlight for me this year.

Yooformula
05-13-2007, 06:00 PM
wow there were some really nice looking cars there! Looked like a great turnout.

JMG853
05-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Hello everyone -

I just want to take a minute to thank all of you who came to the cruise and the Project Two Customs Car Show and Open House. I also want to thank Project Two Customs for doing a wonderful job as well. It was a great event and there were a ton of nice cars there. Plus, Project Two Customs had one heck of an auction for charity with a ton of quality items for all to bid on.

As Andy pointed out below, we will work together on a few samall items at check in regarding maps and the cruise over to the show next year. This is our first time working together, so we will get a few of these things straightened out and communicated to all of you. I would say that in my opinion, this was one heck of an event:headbang The mix of exotics, Corvettes, Vipers, NSX's, f-bodies, Mustangs, Porsche 911's, Mercedez Benz, EVO's, 350 Z's, Supras, BMW's, Cadillac's, GTO's, etc. was one awesome site to behold! As great as the cars are, it is the people that I met at the show that own these cars who are on this forum and others is what makes this fun.

I hope to see you all at the June 15, 2007 Cruise to Gurnee, IL.

Best Regards,

Joel G

Thanks to everyone that came. Yes it did get a little overwhelming as far as the number of cars. If we do this again in the future there will definitely be a distribution of maps. Brad (underpsidisplays) and I were the lead cars, and I can tell you that we never went over 70 on the freeway, there were just so many cars that it was difficult to stay together once we hit the stop lights. SO we apologize for anyone that got left behind, that was not the intent. I guess someone needs to get a Mirt traffic light changer ;) Anyways, it was a great turnout. Special thanks to Joel for doing A LOT of work putting the whole cruise together, you made it a great and fun day for a lot of people. Also, the cruise, show, and burnouts was all taped with an HD professional camcorder and I'm pretty sure we got you, JudgeThis with a great burnout. Anyone that is interested in a copy of the video on DVD PM me, it will be a free distribution as long as it's not a million people and the first people that get it can make copies and help distribute it. The edited video won't be ready for a week or so, but I have the raw footage if anyone wants to come over and sit through it.

THANKS AGAIN!! Also, pictures will be up at www.projecttwo.com this afternoon.

nismodave
05-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Maybe BCM could be a part/help out at nex years show.:thumbsup

Im not aware of a BCM show even scheduled for this year.:crying

ProjectCamaro
05-13-2007, 07:22 PM
I really wish I could have made it but I got stuck at work and couldn't get out.
I will definitly be there for the Gurnee show though.

Joel, if you need help on anything for the Gurnee show just let me know. Maybe if you want to break up the group into smaller groups for the interstate or something I would be willing to lead one. Don't know if that's a good idea or not but just throwing it out there.

Poncho
05-13-2007, 09:01 PM
whens the video going to be up?

ricksws7
05-13-2007, 09:15 PM
It was a great show. Do not know about the cruise part because I live10 min. away and just went there at 2:20. Quite a show when all theguys from the cruise got there. Alot of nice cars. Did not get to meet alot of people beacause of not knowing who the BCM members there where without BCM shirts(hint) Just kidding it was a great turnout and a good time. Rick

Brian98GTP
05-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Did not get to meet alot of people beacause of not knowing who the BCM members there where without BCM shirts(hint)

Yeah, maybe we should be getting our screen names put on the back. :D

2 bad z's
05-14-2007, 07:52 AM
whens the video going to be up?Dan your burn out was #1 :thumbsup

JohnnyT
05-14-2007, 08:05 AM
The show was very cool. The cruise was awesome (It helped that I was at the front of the pack... :) ). I can see where it would have been difficult for some with the lights and stuff, but when you have that many cars in a line, you are bound to lose a few. Props to Joel for an awesome idea, and to Andy at ProjectTwo for a great show!!!

JohnnyT
05-14-2007, 08:53 AM
You are an idiot. You drive a stock GTO with a little motor work. Sh1t you even have stock wheels. So how can you say anything about stock cars beign there? I saw more modified exotics there than anything else. As far as the cruise goes, Brad in the Viper and Andy in the Ferarri were the front of tha pack and only doing 65 the whole time. How you would be doing 110 to keep up is amazing to me.
On a side note, for someone that blew up their motor, you are all about driving like an idiot. But your stock looking car sure wins all the car shows I bet.
*rant off*

AMEN!!!! :thumbsup

FANAT1C
05-14-2007, 10:34 AM

Same thoughts here! I thought it was great overall.

BTW knowing how to get there is the drivers responsibility. The organizer just needs provide the addresses (which were). I know there are others that can relate if they've been on the hotrod power tour. You're given the locations and how you get there is up to you. You can try to follow the majority or go on your own. In either case having a map or directions is mandatory.

I look forward to the Gurnee cruise next month!
My suggestion is to have more time at the meeting (park n rides) places. It might help with getting to know each other better.

BAD LS1
05-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Sucks i couldnt make it, just put gears in Rick's car that morning and had some other stuff to finish up. Cant wait to see the pics!

FANAT1C
05-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Hey Tom, just check out project two's website. The pics are up there.

BAD LS1
05-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Hey Tom, just check out project two's website. The pics are up there.

thanks!!:thumbsup Lots of neat cars there! mmm that maggied up CTS-V i want to **** down via the tail pipes! Im in love with those cars.

Damn did Dan's GTO clean up!! the engine compartment looks clean too!??

JMG853
05-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Jason -'

Thanks for coming in that nice Mustang. It sounds awesome and I love the color!!

I agree - I need to allow for more time at the Park & Ride lots for everyone to get to know each other better. Good point and I will incorporate in June for the June 15, 2007 Cruise.

See you soon.
Best Regards,

Joel G

Same thoughts here! I thought it was great overall.

BTW knowing how to get there is the drivers responsibility. The organizer just needs provide the addresses (which were). I know there are others that can relate if they've been on the hotrod power tour. You're given the locations and how you get there is up to you. You can try to follow the majority or go on your own. In either case having a map or directions is mandatory.

I look forward to the Gurnee cruise next month!
My suggestion is to have more time at the meeting (park n rides) places. It might help with getting to know each other better.

JMG853
05-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the kind note. Glad you had a good time and I will continue to work on making these better and better.

Hope to see you in June.

Joel G

The show was very cool. The cruise was awesome (It helped that I was at the front of the pack... :) ). I can see where it would have been difficult for some with the lights and stuff, but when you have that many cars in a line, you are bound to lose a few. Props to Joel for an awesome idea, and to Andy at ProjectTwo for a great show!!!

Poncho
05-14-2007, 12:42 PM
thanks!!:thumbsup Lots of neat cars there! mmm that maggied up CTS-V i want to **** down via the tail pipes! Im in love with those cars.

Damn did Dan's GTO clean up!! the engine compartment looks clean too!??

so clean you could eat off it. i spent my entire friday and saturday up until I left working on the car. Engine bay flawless too. Looks better than new.

ProjectTwo
05-14-2007, 06:02 PM
The video will be delayed for a little while. The video editor left to go to Vegas right after the show and won't be back for a week. We will get it up after that. Lots of good shots of the burnouts.

Poncho
05-14-2007, 08:20 PM
anyone else post up any pics?

Brian98GTP
05-14-2007, 08:47 PM
The video will be delayed for a little while. The video editor left to go to Vegas right after the show and won't be back for a week. We will get it up after that. Lots of good shots of the burnouts.

I'm sure nobody would mind the raw, uncut, unedited footage though. :thumbsup

Poncho
05-19-2007, 10:32 AM
its' been a week, wheres da vid? must download!

Poncho
05-21-2007, 11:59 AM
bump hehe.

ProjectTwo
05-21-2007, 09:08 PM
It's coming soon!! Give me a day or 2 - computer problems.

ProjectTwo
05-22-2007, 11:54 PM
I got the raw DVD finally. I'm working on getting it up on youtube right now I'll get the link out. I will have DVD copies at the shop in a day or 2.

Poncho
05-23-2007, 01:12 AM
please send raw to djbrionesATcharterDOTnet

ProjectTwo
05-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Here is the video link http://www.projecttwo.com/07showvideo.html

ProjectTwo
05-23-2007, 08:56 PM
For some reason streetfire keeps cutting off the second half of the video. It should be 30 minutes long. I'm uploading it to google video right now. Video link will stay the same once I have it up.

Poncho
05-23-2007, 11:40 PM
yay, awaiting. cool thus far. neat getting to see my dads belair and my slow car together on vid.

Poncho
05-23-2007, 11:43 PM
why not just take the vid and FTP it to your own server?

it would be easier and quicker likely on your part, w/out any sites optimizations, etc.

ProjectTwo
05-24-2007, 12:04 AM
K it's all good now. http://www.projecttwo.com/07showvideo.html

Bandwidth is the reason it's not on the Project Two server

Poncho
05-24-2007, 01:48 AM
very awesome. it's cool to watch and see how different a small block v8 can sound, car to car. all unique.

Brian98GTP
05-24-2007, 05:55 AM
Sh!t man, wheres my burnout?

You can see me roll through the lot towards the end, but they must not have taped the burnout. :(

Brian98GTP
05-24-2007, 06:16 PM
Actually, now that I look at it a little closer it is a clip of me when I was arriving there.

I thought I saw an old man video taping with one of those square lens video cameras. Must not have been with Project Two...??

Poncho
05-25-2007, 02:05 AM
that was them I thought.

my favorite part of all was the SRT-8's burnout. :rolf

ProjectTwo
05-26-2007, 08:51 AM
If you look at it closely, the tire barely makes one revolution each time it spins... lol