PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Waukesha County Sheriff Squads

Breecher_7
05-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Yesterday I saw two brand new unmarked black SRT8 Charger squad cars pulling people over on 94 westbound. I thought at the time that they were milwaukee but I saw one of them again today at the kwik trip in waukesha. They are waukesha county sheriff cars.

Black on Black, very clean, VERY unmarked. Lights are hidden well.

This is a little rediculous though, is this what are tax money is going to? If they wanted chargers, ok.... but black on black, leather interior, SRT8's? I think not.

Id like to know how they justified that to the taxpayers.....

Anyways, heads up.

mike90lxII
05-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Hey if you had to spend everyday sitting in a vehicle for hours on end you would want the most comfortable there is. That is thier rolling office so ggod for them.

Breecher_7
05-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Hey if you had to spend everyday sitting in a vehicle for hours on end you would want the most comfortable there is. That is thier rolling office so ggod for them.

Comfortable yes, but does it warrant a need for a SRT8 Package? No....The RT models would have been fine. You wonder why our taxes are so high, here is yet another reason. Needlessly wasting taxpayers money on things we dont need.

Karps TA
05-05-2007, 02:47 PM
That's rididulous for them to have those. #1 it's unnecessary unless they don't come with radios anymore. Secondly, way too expensive. Especially if you consider they get hit with a $2100 gas guzzler tax, and they get terrible gas mileage.

These 2 cars probably cost twice what a regular squad would cost a year.

Breecher_7
05-05-2007, 02:52 PM
That's rididulous for them to have those. #1 it's unnecessary unless they don't come with radios anymore. Secondly, way too expensive. Especially if you consider they get hit with a $2100 gas guzzler tax, and they get terrible gas mileage.

These 2 cars probably cost twice what a regular squad would cost a year.

i was looking inside of it, FULLY equipt with all power options, radio, you name it, all the stuff it came with from the factory plus the police stuff. This is why im irritated about this, they talk about raising taxes even more, this is why.

Slow Joe
05-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Don't the Crown Vics come with a radio too? I know the PI I had came from the police auction and had a radio...

I can see why to get the SRT8 instead of the RT... Better resale, acceleration, etc... I doubt they even pay close to what a normal consumer would as well. It's a fleet vehicle.

flyin_blue_egg
05-05-2007, 03:33 PM
I can see why to get the SRT8 instead of the RT... Better resale, acceleration, etc... I doubt they even pay close to what a normal consumer would as well. It's a fleet vehicle.

not to mention...the SRT8 is faster!

Breecher_7
05-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Still makes no sense to me, its unneeded. As a resident of waukesha county you can bet your ass next time they are even thinking of raising taxes im going to have somthing to say about it and this is going to be my example. there is no need for a 425hp patrol car......not in wisconsin. This isnt california, we dont have high speed chases on a daily basis or 6 lane highways.

Rocket Power
05-05-2007, 03:49 PM
I am not seeing how this is that much different than having camaro's like the State Patrol has had and I have also seen them in Wind lake for a few years and like the one I saw on 894 this week which I assume was the MCSD
Maybe Dodge gave them a good deal trying to get their foot in the door when it comes time to replace the Crown Vics.

I am sure they'll make back a lot of the money with the revenue they generate. Probably be paid off in a couple months :rolf

flyin_blue_egg
05-05-2007, 03:52 PM
I am not seeing how this is that much different than having camaro's like the State Patrol has had and I have also seen them in Wind lake for a few years and like the one I saw on 894 this week which I assume was the MCSD
Maybe Dodge gave them a good deal trying to get their foot in the door when it comes time to replace the Crown Vics.

I am sure they'll make back a lot of the money with the revenue they generate. Probably be paid off in a couple months :rolf

this may actually be the reason...you think about it ford and chevy have dominated the world of police crusiers for EVER....so dodge probably saw selling SRT8's to departments for extremely cheap as a way to get other departments on board with them

Slow Joe
05-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah... Menomonee Falls of all Villages has two or three harleys, a vette, camaro, and a suburban or two... PLUS all the patrol cars...

Germantown has a few Explorers, Expeditions, patrol cars, and a Nissan Maxima..

Come to think of it Oconomowoc/VOL (Village of Oconomowoc Lake) has numerous high end vehicles as patrol cars... Expeditions, etc... So, I really don't see where the problem is...

Like I said before, they didn't pay what you or I would pay for 'em... It's like my HHR, it's a fleet car, window sticker was like 21k, yet the "purchase price" was somewhere around 14k. They're all fleet vehicles, so they get huge incentives from manufacturers.

I don't see where an SRT8 is out of line at all... Waukesha County houses quite a few fast cars... I can understand where they might want a chance to catch some of 'em...

Breecher_7
05-05-2007, 04:09 PM
The police are not allowed to pursue a vehicle at speeds over 100mph so it doesnt matter how fast the car goes. If a guy is going 150 they cannot run them down, just the way it is so it is pointless for them to have that powerfull of a car. As far as high end cars you see as patrol cars, almost all of them are drug seziures, they do not buy vettes. They could never get approval to do somthing like that because they need to justify its expense wich makes me wonder how they got the chargers. I work hand in hand with the milwaukee police department, i know what kind of crap they have to go through to purchase things. I just dont see how they did it nor do i see the need for it.

Karps TA
05-05-2007, 04:21 PM
SRT8's are 40K cars. It's not like Dodge is selling them to police depts for $20K. Not loaded with leather and stuff. The cars get like 15mpg, and you know the cops aren't babying them. At over $3 a gallon how much is that costing taxpayers compared to an Impala getting 24?

You can't compare them to when the patrols had Camaro. Those B4C cars were stripped out no nothing cars. Probably cost less then a Crown Vic.

Theres just no need for them. They have radios that they can use to block high speed pursuits. It's the flaunting and wasting of taxpayers dollars. I'd rather see that money spent on bullet proof vests or something that would help protect cops or allow them to do their job.

For them to use these vehicles mainly to give speeding tickets is a joke.

Flicktitty
05-05-2007, 04:53 PM
i know Chevy and Ford gives BIG Discounts on crown vics and impallas i forgot what exactly the price was i can find out, I could really give 2 shits what cars they have as long as there actually using them. its good to see are tax money at use for once.

Russ Jerome
05-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Its just tax dollars, if they need more they'll just take it.

Milw/Wauk whatever its a craphole state and we pay higher
tax's than states out of the rustbelt, hell more than MPLS
and you can actualy swim/drink in there inner city lakes.
Palm Beach County FL: Milk,gas,Miller ect all cost less there
than here....most products COME from here less the gas.

Hi my name is Russ, I live in a state full of Lemmings and
we like it that way.......

Crawlin
05-05-2007, 05:27 PM
yep, pay teachers for the future of our children and cut back on arts/music programs in school ORRRRRR..... SRT8's for some cops at kwik trip getting their "health food"

88Nightmare
05-05-2007, 05:35 PM
im gonna go ahead and say waste of money. For police, they can get a base model equipped with a hemi if they want the power. What do they need heated leather power seats for? Keep their asses warm while eating donuts when jerking off while clocking people with their radar guns?

Karps TA
05-05-2007, 05:37 PM
i know Chevy and Ford gives BIG Discounts on crown vics and impallas i forgot what exactly the price was i can find out, I could really give 2 shits what cars they have as long as there actually using them. its good to see are tax money at use for once.

They do give big discounts, but they aren't selling Police departments Z06 for $25K under MSRP.

And still those cars are Police spec cars. Those are stripped out cars with nothing in them. Not fully loaded cars.

flyin_blue_egg
05-05-2007, 05:37 PM
The police are not allowed to pursue a vehicle at speeds over 100mph so it doesnt matter how fast the car goes. If a guy is going 150 they cannot run them down, just the way it is so it is pointless for them to have that powerfull of a car. As far as high end cars you see as patrol cars, almost all of them are drug seziures, they do not buy vettes. They could never get approval to do somthing like that because they need to justify its expense wich makes me wonder how they got the chargers. I work hand in hand with the milwaukee police department, i know what kind of crap they have to go through to purchase things. I just dont see how they did it nor do i see the need for it.

show me the statute that says they can't pursue over 100 MPH...b/c there's no such law.

88Nightmare
05-05-2007, 05:43 PM
so what is this thread warning us about? getting pissed off about the unnecessary spending of our government or warning us about getting pulled over by the unnecessary vehicles?

Slow Joe
05-05-2007, 06:32 PM
I doubt that these are truely fully loaded SRT8 cars, isn't there an "SRT8 PI" edition...

Oh and on the in excess of 100mph chase, if they can't chase 'em they at least need a vehicle that can accelerate quicker than the Crown Vics...

PLUS don't the the hemi cut 4 cyliners off on the freeway for better gas mileage... I wouldn't doubt with that they'd get that bad of gas mileage...

EDIT: My thought is that they're going to spend the money one way or another, so who cares? If Dodge is cutting them a deal then so be it... I mean hey, they must make some sence to buy...

Breecher_7
05-05-2007, 07:03 PM
show me the statute that says they can't pursue over 100 MPH...b/c there's no such law.

Yes there is, over 100mph it becomes wreckless endangerment and is not allowed.

Yes they are fully loaded from what I could see, I took a peek inside and it looke to still have all options.

Yes the 5.7L hemi does have the MDS system that shuts down half the cylinders under highway conditions with little engine load but the 6.1L version in the SRT8 has no such thing and gets about 15mpg highway on a good day.

Oh and no this thread was not really to piss and moan about tax dollars but to warn people about these very well hidden beasts. The tax thing is just another issue that irritates me. I didnt feel it warranted a seperate thread.

Brandon W.
05-05-2007, 07:41 PM
damn.if this continues im gonna be to scared to race anything..those cars are nice though..:drool: :drool: :drool:

indyzmike
05-05-2007, 08:57 PM
They buy them fully loaded for resale value. :rolf

USMARINE1108
05-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Can the Marine Corps get a Hummer with leather? No.

But we do get those sweet .50 mounts........

SmokinRAM114
05-06-2007, 10:45 AM
my nieghbor a waukesha sheriff has a white unmarked charger.no push bumper only a pillar light. Wisconsin Dells has changed the whole fleet to these he said.

300pny
05-06-2007, 10:54 AM
i was looking inside of it, FULLY equipt with all power options, radio, you name it, all the stuff it came with from the factory plus the police stuff. This is why im irritated about this, they talk about raising taxes even more, this is why.

Did they fnd it a little odd someone was looking inside taking notes? did you ask them how its justified. They probably would give the best answer.

03CVLX
05-06-2007, 11:01 AM
My guess is some of the money came from some sort of homeland security grant. I typical see that money going to buy specialty equipment etc on our department. I could be totally wrong of course, but usually the city bean counters would never allow a purchase like this to take place from the beginning so the money would have to come somewhere, my hunch is a federal grant.

Breecher_7
05-06-2007, 04:30 PM
My guess is some of the money came from some sort of homeland security grant. I typical see that money going to buy specialty equipment etc on our department. I could be totally wrong of course, but usually the city bean counters would never allow a purchase like this to take place from the beginning so the money would have to come somewhere, my hunch is a federal grant.

I was starting to think that this could be it, but i highly doubt it as it is just the sherrifs department. I know homeland security paid for the new 30' Boston whaler with the twin 250 verados on it that the harbor patrol on lake michigan has though.

05caddyext
05-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Don't police departments have to buy whatever vehicles they get the lowest bids for? They put out a list of specs they want in a vehicle and then companies bid on them. I know the Department of Publics works for example works like this. They have to buy whatever the lowest bid is, doesn't matter who makes the stuff. Dodge might be giving them a super deal on these vehicles. All it takes is a phone call, they have to tell you exactly how much they pay for them, its tax-payer money = freedom of information act.

flyin_blue_egg
05-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Yes there is, over 100mph it becomes wreckless endangerment and is not allowed.

no actually there is NOT!!!! the only law there is pertaining to pursuits says that all agency's are required to have a policy in place on their rules for pursuits.....now WPD may have a policy that says no pursuits above 100 MPH, but theres no law in WI that says no pursuits above 100. trust me im studying criminal justice right now, if you'd like the exact statute # i'd be happy to get it for you

Poncho
05-06-2007, 06:43 PM
rediculous.

Breecher_7
05-06-2007, 07:01 PM
no actually there is NOT!!!! the only law there is pertaining to pursuits says that all agency's are required to have a policy in place on their rules for pursuits.....now WPD may have a policy that says no pursuits above 100 MPH, but theres no law in WI that says no pursuits above 100. trust me im studying criminal justice right now, if you'd like the exact statute # i'd be happy to get it for you

Congrats on studying criminal Justice.....But i work with the milwaukee PD and I know what there rules are. As you stated above there is no STATE law taht says no puruits above 100 but I know for a fact that it is a rule enforced by Milwaukee PD and Sheriffs dept for sure as well as many other agencies to include California highway patrol, LAPD and san diego PD. The simple fact is that it is more dangerous for a officer to pursue someone at those speeds then it is to call in air support or radio ahead...

lilws6
05-06-2007, 07:03 PM
I see a white one on the hwy in delefield from time to time the lights are hidden well as well but what makes it stick out is the spot light attached to the side of the vehicle and if your close enough the laptop sits very high in those cars as well

Breecher_7
05-06-2007, 07:05 PM
trust me im studying criminal justice right now, if you'd like the exact statute # i'd be happy to get it for you

Oh and in the future....I never said it was a LAW. I said it was wreckless endangerment and was not allowed. Your "studying" criminal justice means **** if you dont know the local regulations. Not trying to be a ****, just making a point.

flyin_blue_egg
05-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Congrats on studying criminal Justice.....But i work with the milwaukee PD and I know what there rules are. As you stated above there is no STATE law taht says no puruits above 100 but I know for a fact that it is a rule enforced by Milwaukee PD and Sheriffs dept for sure as well as many other agencies to include California highway patrol, LAPD and san diego PD. The simple fact is that it is more dangerous for a officer to pursue someone at those speeds then it is to call in air support or radio ahead...

that's not what you said the first time...and no sh!t it's more dangerous to pursue at high speeds. and the rules of MPD or WCSD may be different then those of other departments throughout the state

flyin_blue_egg
05-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Oh and in the future....I never said it was a LAW. I said it was wreckless endangerment and was not allowed. Your "studying" criminal justice means **** if you dont know the local regulations. Not trying to be a ****, just making a point.

it's that exactly what i said....each locality has different rules pertaining to pursuits...and once you get hired by an agency you can't work for them unless you read there policy manual front to back

Breecher_7
05-06-2007, 07:19 PM
not trying to start a fight man. Its just people throw stuff out like "im studing blah blah blah" like it means somthing and it just irritates me. And if I worded somthing incorrectly that warranted that, I appologise for my retort.

flyin_blue_egg
05-06-2007, 07:21 PM
im not trying to start a fight either...bringing it to your attention that what you said originally wasn't correct...the only reason I brought up what i was studying was b/c in the academy is where they teach you that.

88Nightmare
05-06-2007, 07:27 PM
I like toast

flyin_blue_egg
05-06-2007, 07:32 PM
stop being a whore mike!!!

Flicktitty
05-06-2007, 07:38 PM
I like toast

cinnimon raisin toast FTW! :thumbsup

stowsea
05-06-2007, 09:09 PM