Russ Jerome
05-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Ok anybody who has been over knows I like feeding all
the birds and planting bird feeding flowers for Hummingbirds
and Finch's.

Well the little tree rats drew the line this yr by digging up
every Hybrid Sunflower I planted..imported from Holland :(

So lets just say hypothetically I was to start sniping the tree
rats and was looking to upgrade my Crossman pellet pistol.

Cost for value pellet rifle review, I see Fleet farm carries
some high FPS pellet rifles with scopes, anybody try them?I'm researching a number of sights to silence the pellet guns
enough to keep the neighbors (no pellet gun discharge in
Milw, this is a hypothetical question mind you) happy.
Another option is a Squirrel catapult, have a few ideas
but it must be violent and cruel as I don't want to see them
again.

hrsp
05-04-2007, 04:53 PM
ahahaha we have a squirel living in our garage and its mean as hell...we set traps and it wont go in em...it runs around on the rafters and looks like its gonna pounce on your face...

stowsea
05-04-2007, 04:57 PM
get the 100 dollar one at walmart. its the one where its one pump, the gun breaks in half, i believe its 1000FPS. be a great squirell killer

Russ Jerome
05-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Ya I trapped a lot last year, released 1/2 mile away on
the parkway, gonna spray paint them blaze orange this
year to see if they are coming back. I realy want to watch
them die this year but cant death trap the wifes favorite cat.

The final straw was the squirrels laying my gutted out
seeds in a way it spelled:

HA HA HA LOOSER!!!!

Arigmaster
05-04-2007, 05:03 PM
I have 3 squirrel eating dogs so they keep their distance from the yard... Then again the dogs always seem to get one retarded one from time to time...

Matchew
05-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Ya I trapped a lot last year, released 1/2 mile away on
the parkway, gonna spray paint them blaze orange this
year to see if they are coming back. I realy want to watch
them die this year but cant death trap the wifes favorite cat.

The final straw was the squirrels laying my gutted out
seeds in a way it spelled:

HA HA HA LOOSER!!!!

My ExFather InLaw use to Catch them and Spray Paint them Blaze Orange and drop them off in Green Field Park and he only had 1 ever come back but then on the other hand from his houe to greenfield park was 6 miles....

Good Luck on Catching them and dont get caught Painting them

Matchew
05-04-2007, 05:19 PM
My ExFather InLaw use to Catch them and Spray Paint them Blaze Orange and drop them off in Green Field Park and he only had 1 ever come back but then on the other hand from his houe to greenfield park was 6 miles....

Good Luck on Catching them and dont get caught Painting them

Note this was 12 Years ago not Lately

stowsea
05-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Then again the dogs always seem to get one retarded one from time to time...

:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf
:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

Russ Jerome
05-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Even if I sold all my real guns I couldnt buy this:
http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Beeman_FWB_700_Aluminum_Black_Cal_570_fps_p/bn-1180.htm

Bet the squirrels would be impressed tho ;)

MurphysLaw88GT
05-04-2007, 05:30 PM
use cb caps in a .22

SMOKDU
05-04-2007, 05:33 PM
http://www.gamo.com/

These are the best. they will last just get the youth model

stowsea
05-04-2007, 05:36 PM
http://www.gamo.com/

These are the best. they will last just get the youth model

http://www.gamousa.com/Catalog.aspx?Product=68

HRSEPLA
05-04-2007, 06:00 PM
I got a BB gun with a scope and 2 CO2 BB pistols, we can get all 'Matrix' on their asses

GTSLOW
05-04-2007, 09:59 PM
http://www.gamousa.com/Catalog.aspx?Product=68

:thumbsup

88Nightmare
05-04-2007, 10:17 PM
**** the pellet gun, D'Eagle .50 or an M16 is what you need. They won't ever come back....

Reverend Cooper
05-05-2007, 04:01 AM
i have a paint ball gun and it will hurt like a mofo maybe kill if turned up,plus it will mark them lololol

SmokinRAM114
05-05-2007, 08:33 AM
i have sub sonic .22 shells you cant even hear them. all u here is a click from the hammer. ppl dont believe me when i fire it. I believe Sportsmans Warehouse has them other wise Cabellas

Rocket Power
05-05-2007, 09:23 AM
i have a paint ball gun and it will hurt like a mofo maybe kill if turned up,plus it will mark them lololol
:rolf :rolf

DurtyKurty
05-05-2007, 09:28 AM
i have sub sonic .22 shells you cant even hear them. all u here is a click from the hammer. ppl dont believe me when i fire it. I believe Sportsmans Warehouse has them other wise Cabellas

I second this one. They are absolutely no louder then a pellet rifle. Much quieter then a CB if you can believe that. The cool part is that they are in a LR shell so you can use them in dang near any .22 gun. I believe they will work even with semi autos.

Very cool... Highly recommend!

BTW i got mine at Gander mountain.

DynoTom
05-05-2007, 10:08 AM

I capped a couple of them mo-fo's using that method......I would not have done it but, they are very destructive to my property.......

Russ Jerome
05-05-2007, 02:10 PM
My closest neigbor....18' away. Is a Milw Sherrif, across the street
is a MPD employee. On top of that my Sherrif's garage is the backdrop
for my most popular bird feeder...no rimfires! I'd love to use my new
17Hornady Mach II on the rats ;)

My pellet pistol when accurately placed works but Im gonna cruise
the Fleetfarm/Walmart ads for those Gamo pellet rifle w/scope.

HP ADDICT
05-05-2007, 06:17 PM
use cb caps in a .22

LOL only us crazy mofos know about this. I used to shoot crows like this all the time with my semi auto .22. It wouldn't cycle so you have to single load but it was actually quieter then my .177 pellet gun and had ALOT more knock down.

MurphysLaw88GT
05-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Word up. sounds like someone spitting

USMARINE1108
05-06-2007, 07:23 AM
I've got a Gamo Shadow. Shoots 1000fps, great sights out of the box along has an adj trigger. Mine shoots great at 50 yards. It got great reviews, so I picked one up at walmart for ~$110.

73Dustr
05-06-2007, 01:27 PM
I've got a Gamo Shadow. Shoots 1000fps, great sights out of the box along has an adj trigger. Mine shoots great at 50 yards. It got great reviews, so I picked one up at walmart for ~$110.

I have one of these too. Great pellet rifle, very accurate.

Russ Jerome
05-07-2007, 12:43 PM
First one for the yr caught in my livetrap!
http://www.allfantasyart.com/photomanipulation/super_squirrel.jpg
He now resides in Tosa a few miles away :)

Cryptic
05-07-2007, 10:00 PM
I had a squirrel problem last year. the lil bastards were digging holes in the side of the house (cedar).

http://www.crosman.com/site/listing/1053
I picked up a .22 cal Crosman 392 Bolt action pump from Sportsman's on Beloit and Mooreland
http://www.crosman.com/2004/img/catalog/full/392.jpg

I find it to be very accurate, just a little annoying that its a single shot. But I don't have a squirrel problem anymore :thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
05-07-2007, 10:01 PM
russ have you killed them all yet? if not i can bring over the paintball gun

SSDude
05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Russ you know how to trap them. Once you have them in the trap you need a deep bucket of water to drop the trap in and give them a swim test.:thumbsup
Problem gone

HP ADDICT
05-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Russ you know how to trap them. Once you have them in the trap you need a deep bucket of water to drop the trap in and give them a swim test.:thumbsup
Problem gone

Dude your a sick bastard.:wooo

DirtyMax
05-07-2007, 10:17 PM
^^LOL I had some little old lady telling me how she makes a ramp up to a big tub of water and floats food on top of the water. Moral of the story... tree rats can't swim.

HP ADDICT
05-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Yes they can.

DirtyMax
05-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Sort of....

Once their tail gets wet, it gets heavy. They can "dog paddle" but pretty soon, they get tired out or panic and most of the times, it's game over. If they are too weighted down, they can't get themselves out of the tub.

HP ADDICT
05-07-2007, 10:30 PM
I agree they can swim poorly and they will die in the tub since they can't climb out. Just seems pretty cruel compared to popping it with a pellet gun. Hell birds shit on my car and squirrels don't guess I just like em better!

DirtyMax
05-07-2007, 10:34 PM
This little old lady probably wasn't about to start shooting up the hood (although I'd laugh my azz off). You gotta remember.. these old people that were around during the Depression and a few wars have been through and seen it all. Dunk-tanking a few squirrels is probably something she doesn't even think twice about.

SSDude
05-08-2007, 04:53 AM
I agree they can swim poorly and they will die in the tub since they can't climb out. Just seems pretty cruel compared to popping it with a pellet gun. Hell birds shit on my car and squirrels don't guess I just like em better!

When you have them chewing on your house or garage. When they have invaded your attic you will feel much differently about them. You will have no pity for them! Every time i see one around the house i want to take em out.:thumbsup

USMARINE1108
05-08-2007, 06:10 AM

Freeze the paintballs first! That'll take 'em out.

Russ Jerome
05-08-2007, 11:24 AM

That sounds fun enough to keep the little guys around
for target practice!

theavenger333
05-08-2007, 02:34 PM
i used my paintball gun when we had these problems. turned up the FPS, a good shot kills them on impact.