PDA

View Full Version : So I went to the DMV to get plates...

DoubleAron
05-04-2007, 02:17 PM
...went to put them on the the very nice lady:fire forgot to give me the stickers! I thought maybe they were packaged with the plates. So much for taking this thing out this weekend. Morons!

Of course there is no number to call to speak to a real person and I'm not wasting anymore time in line @ the DMV. A couple of people @ work told me you can go the police dept. and get them but I called my local one and they said no that they do not do that. I did get some coming my way by leaving my info on the machine and they will be shipped soon but I really wanted some for this weekend.

Any ideas?

BAD LS1
05-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Go to an emmissions test station with you paperwork? I think they sell the stickers there, not sure about the month sticker though...

Silver350
05-04-2007, 02:24 PM
I think Car dealerships have the month decal. When I bought my truck Brager put January on my truck and it was supose to be december I went back there and they gave me a new one.

Prince Valiant
05-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Drive it anyways this weekend regardless...you might get pulled over, but the cops will know if it's registered or not, and they've been cool about it with me in the past before.

DoubleAron
05-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Drive it anyways this weekend regardless...you might get pulled over, but the cops will know if it's registered or not, and they've been cool about it with me in the past before.

This thing will get enough attention by itself, I don't need any more reasons to get pulled over.

I did go to the emission test station and they gave them to me, they weren't crazy about it but they did it.

Thanks for the help.:thumbsup

MurphysLaw88GT
05-04-2007, 05:39 PM
go to an ennissions station tomorrow morning. open 8-1pm. tell em what happened and you will be all set, they will be free

HRSEPLA
05-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Put on the parachute mount and they will never see it:)

DoubleAron
05-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Put on the parachute mount and they will never see it:)

Hey now quit stealing my ideas.

Knyghtmare
05-04-2007, 10:03 PM
I updated my registration about 4 months ago and I still have yet to put the new stickers on. If a cop gets behind me he runs the plates and sees that its legal and leaves me be. As long as your plates come up legal, I doubt you will even get pulled over...

LIL EVO
05-05-2007, 01:01 AM
You forgot the part about getting pulled over first. Once everything else is in line, you're not suspended, you don't have any equipment violations, you don't have any warrants, then they will run your plates, find out your reason on why the stickers aren't on, and then find out that it actually is registered.

flyin_blue_egg
05-05-2007, 12:34 PM
You forgot the part about getting pulled over first. Once everything else is in line, you're not suspended, you don't have any equipment violations, you don't have any warrants, then they will run your plates, find out your reason on why the stickers aren't on, and then find out that it actually is registered.

yea...like he said...if you do get pulled over w/ b/c of no sticker...then the cop will just run ur plate and you might get like a 10 day warning to get the stickers

FourEyedFord
05-05-2007, 06:21 PM
you don't have any equipment violations

I think the cop would run out of tickets on that one before he even got to the plates!! :rolf :thumbsup

Knyghtmare
05-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I guess it depends on where you are too. I never thought much about that. Im in the boonies. Sort of...