PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear about the "roundabout" project at Moorland and 43?

Karps TA
05-04-2007, 10:23 AM
I was just told what they are doing over by the offramp by the Ridge Theaters. Why the heck are they doing this? Didn't they just redo the offramp like 2 years ago? I pass thru that are all the time at all hours of the day and it's never that bad. Theres much worse offramps around the city.

New Berlin might as well keep a tow truck and 2 squads parked their permantently cause nobody in this State will understand how to use a roundabout. That's mess is going to make people thing the Hales Corners speedway opened back up.

Heres a link with what they are all doing. 2 years of that area being a disaster. http://www.newberlin.org/display/router.asp?docid=2610

It'll be great trying to see a movie at the Ridge during that time.

Flight_740
05-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Yea, when I first started going into illinois (highland park area) they really messed me up. I'm used to them now though.

Lash
05-04-2007, 10:32 AM
They are probably trying to clear out movie theatre traffic a little better. That little corner is starting to get pretty big....lots of new stuff going in.

Karps TA
05-04-2007, 10:36 AM
They are probably trying to clear out movie theatre traffic a little better. That little corner is starting to get pretty big....lots of new stuff going in.

IMO even more reason not to do it. That means 16 year old new drivers and soccer moms driving around in circles for 3 hours with their blinkers on. :rolf

Silver350
05-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Wow what a stupid Idea. I think it is worse then the round about that is on grange. I think that will cause major problems.

Undertaker
05-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Probably figure it would be cheaper to do this than widen the road. Once enough accidents happen, then they will spend more taxpayers money to fix it.

Goat Roper
05-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Grab a lawn chair and sit back and enjoy the show

Flicktitty
05-04-2007, 11:29 AM
thats dumb, and not to mention that will tare up I-43 as well which is the easiest way for me to get to milwaukee. those bastards.

Poncho
05-04-2007, 12:01 PM
roundy's are cool. it's fun to drift in a roundaabout.

xxsn0blindxx
05-04-2007, 12:07 PM
A friend of mine who works for the DOT was telling me about this a couple months ago. I too am resistant to roundabouts, more than likely because I'm not used to them and find them weird. He brought up several good points about them and explained how they have fewer points of incident(ways to get into an accident) than a standard 4 way intersection. Also with a roundabout the accidents that occur are less likely to to be as damaging or fatal as a standard 4-way. In the majority of cases the accidents are low speed and from someone merging in to another car, whereas a traditional intersection is prone to head on collisions or t-bones, generally at higher rates of speed. Initially they may have a higher accident rate until people get used to them, but they have been studied to be safer and more efficient. That being said, I still don't like them.

Flicktitty
05-04-2007, 12:26 PM
roundy's are cool. it's fun to drift in a roundaabout.

ok Rhys Millen why don't you go drift your GTO ricer....:rolf

Karps TA
05-04-2007, 12:40 PM
People in this state can't even figure out to yield to faster traffic on the highways and get out of the left lane or for that matter merge onto the freeway correctly. This will be a disaster of incredible comic proportions. I hope they atleast install traffic cameras so I can spend the day at work watching the chaos.

Poncho
05-04-2007, 12:42 PM
ok Rhys Millen why don't you go drift your GTO ricer....:rolf

hey, he killed them all in that car.

you telling me I need to get the RMR body kit?

Flicktitty
05-04-2007, 12:43 PM
hey, he killed them all in that car.

you telling me I need to get the RMR body kit?

damn straight and put red bull stickers on the car, and a big wing, lol

300pny
05-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Big Ben ... Parliment

HRSEPLA
05-04-2007, 06:11 PM
I think they sould turn their attention to making the On Ramp to The Rock at 124th going West, by making it 2 lanes for a full 1/4 mile, and incorporate a Tree instead of that flashing stop light..... Thats money well spent!

Korndogg
05-04-2007, 06:16 PM
I almost died on the one on 6th street.

Matchew
05-04-2007, 06:30 PM
I think that will make the Movies a little easier to get out of.

Reminds me of the New Jersey Jug Handles those are great to get use too

Anubis

300pny
05-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Atleast the area isn't implementing Michigan lefts...

DoubleAron
05-04-2007, 06:57 PM
I think they sould turn their attention to making the On Ramp to The Rock at 124th going West, by making it 2 lanes for a full 1/4 mile, and incorporate a Tree instead of that flashing stop light..... Thats money well spent!

:rolf

Maybe straighten it a little also.

TURTLE
05-04-2007, 07:11 PM
it's gotta be smooth though... there are too many "nice" straight shots that are just too bumpy to attempt a decent "spirited drive" on...

Rocket Power
05-04-2007, 07:33 PM
There's a roundabout on grange just a bit west of HWY 100. Give her a try as a warmup:goof

Flicktitty
05-04-2007, 09:06 PM

lmao..i agree with that one.

y2kws6
05-04-2007, 10:28 PM
I have driven overseas where there are MANY round-abouts. They are safer, a little more controlling and faster even if you need to slow down. Most in the US will have issues at first, but will manage with time. England is a different story, their round-abouts are only four feet wide and a little hump. Taxi drivers fly over them at around 90 our speed.

I knew they had bought the land to the south because I looked into buying it :(

Dan

88Nightmare
05-04-2007, 10:33 PM
whats so difficult about roundabouts? you enter it, drive around it until you get you your exit, and then..... exit.

TURTLE
05-05-2007, 08:40 AM
ask coop about roundabouts in the peon ;)

Prescott
05-05-2007, 08:59 PM

My favorite stop sign!
I sit and wait for someone to think they are going to get the holeshot.
I gets pretty exciting if you're door to door when it goes to one lane.
Gotta be careful for the cop sitting at the turn around right there too.
Nothing like getting on the highway at 100+ and seeing that.

Scales
05-06-2007, 09:00 AM
They are all over in Poland. I only drove on some of the back roads and smaller town roads, so I never went through any, but they didn't seem that bad.