PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn Johnson, should GB pick'em up?

Goat Roper
05-01-2007, 05:40 PM
With the release of Keyshawn should Green Bay consider him for a roster spot?

hrsp
05-01-2007, 05:41 PM
if its cheap..why not...i dont much like him but his still a descent wideout..and he cans till be productive...but the packers will stick with there plan.."stay pat"

Lash
05-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Y E S

theavenger333
05-01-2007, 06:17 PM
for the right price, yes. he's a great possesion reciever, aka catch the ball and run, get first downs. doesn't drop many balls.

300pny
05-01-2007, 06:29 PM
If Driver can handle all the "accross the middle duties" why not.

MARO-MAN
05-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Yes! :thumbsup

flyin_blue_egg
05-01-2007, 06:59 PM
If Driver can handle all the "accross the middle duties" why not.

thats exactly what johnson is good for...in my opinion he's a little to old for what the packers need

300pny
05-01-2007, 07:02 PM
thats exactly what johnson is good for...in my opinion he's a little to old for what the packers need

Good for going accross the middle..Not what I have seen lately. Flinchin and dropin accross the middle is what I have seen the last couple years

flyin_blue_egg
05-01-2007, 08:30 PM
ok.....i thought you were saying that that they need to sign johnson b/c driver can't do that.....i don't think they need johnson

Lash
05-01-2007, 08:32 PM
He's saying the curent recievers suck across the middle...lol.

Either way...if they can't get him for a good deal I'm sure he'll help out.

300pny
05-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Ill take Johnson over Moss but I don't think we ned either.

hrsp
05-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Ill take Johnson over Moss but I don't think we ned either.

again another idiot post for you....yipeeee

flyin_blue_egg
05-01-2007, 11:51 PM
i would have to agree with that ^^^....johnson brings absolutly nothing to the team except MAYBE a little veteran experience...and all randy moss brings is an attitude (mostly one that is down the lines of if we suck, im gonna 1/2 ass it) another thing they really don't need

300pny
05-01-2007, 11:53 PM
again another idiot post for you....yipeeee

Atleast mine was on topic not just taking up space

70challenger452
05-02-2007, 06:42 AM
I don't think he will come to the packers, he's nearing the end of his carear and will probably want to go to a team that has the chance of winning the SB this year

Karps TA
05-02-2007, 07:36 AM
I'd like to see them pick him up. He's matured alot as he's grown older and understands his role. He'd be a great 3rd down WR for the Packers, something they need badly since every team knows to just put 3 guys on Driver on key 3rd downs.

I don't see there being alot of interest in him around the league, so it's a possibility. But unless he plays for $50 I can't see Thompson spending any money.

That was a pretty crappy move on Carolina's part too. Here Keyshawn was all class on ESPN during the draft, and talked about how he had no problem mentoring Jarret and they then cut him after the draft not giving him many options to catch on with other teams. Anytime a player holds out or had a problem with the team remember situations like this. Teams can selfish a-holes too.

flyin_blue_egg
05-02-2007, 07:46 AM
and to me johnson would have been a great mentor to jarrett, as in my eyes they play the game very similarly....granted jarrett has speed that johnson could only dream of, he is still a guy thats willing to get punished over the middle time and time again

Goat Roper
05-02-2007, 07:46 AM
That was a pretty crappy move on Carolina's part too. Here Keyshawn was all class on ESPN during the draft, and talked about how he had no problem mentoring Jarret and they then cut him after the draft not giving him many options to catch on with other teams. Anytime a player holds out or had a problem with the team remember situations like this. Teams can selfish a-holes too.

Agreed, Keyshawn was really classy during the draft and spoke of being a mentor to Carolina's WR pick, then Carolina picks him.

I don't know if GB plays them this year but picking Keyshawn up to play that one game alone just to stick it to them would be worth it.

Prince Valiant
05-02-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm sorry...but I'm pretty sure the panthers saw much more of Keyshawn during the season, pratice, games to get a little idea of how much "class" the guy has. At least a much better idea than what we may have saw over a couple hours on tv, when he pretty much compared every reciever to himself, or used every reciever to talk about himself.

Wasn't it only three seasons ago that Tampa said "F"'em, we'd rather pay to have you NOT show than to show.

He's a cancer...and one the packers don't need. IF they do end up with him, I think it'd at least be benefical that you've got guys like favre and driver to help keep him on the straight and narrow...but never underestimate the force of his obnoxiousness. I don't think it'd have an overall positive effect.

PB86MCSS
05-03-2007, 07:23 PM
For some reason I'd rather them taken a chance on Moss than Keyshawn...at least Moss isn't past his prime yet and has a chance for big play ability with his athleticism. Keyshawn has matured but is just a decent possession receiver and good blocker too...nothing that special IMO.

70challenger452
05-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Moss is past his prime, he really has lost a step, he isn't anywhere near his days in minni compared to now, I don't see either pick up worth it