PDA

View Full Version : No Gas On May 15th

GRAMPS SS
05-01-2007, 10:16 AM
I GOT THIS SENT TO ME ...SO ITHOUGHT I WOULD PASS IT ON..TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT MAY BE WORTH...

NO GAS...On May 15th 2007
>Body: Don't pump gas on may 15th
>Body: ...in April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in
>protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon
>overnight.
>
>On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in
>protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most
>places.
>
>There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet
>network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.
>
>If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
>$2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies
>pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on
May
>15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for
>at least one day.
>
>If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all
your
>contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"

07ROUSHSTG3
05-01-2007, 10:20 AM
the same day nobody should drink water either. the cost of bottled water has eclipsed gasoline and since there is WAAAAAAY more water than gas i beleive we should protest. the cost to refine a gallon of water is so much cheaper than what it costs to take a gallon of crude and turn it into fuel. so when you don't fill up that day, don't drink water either.:thumbsup

:D sorry but i get a kick out of people complaining about gas prices:D

Yooformula
05-01-2007, 10:26 AM
so when will gas prices piss you off? $5 a gallon? $10? True we may not have a way of stopping it but we dont have to like it.

Nix
05-01-2007, 10:41 AM
May 15th, thats my dads birthday.:thumbsup

I will not put gas in my tank on the 15th, I went to fill up yesterday and mid grade was $3.19. 15 gallons='s $48 to fill my grand prix.

In the past I haven't really contributed to the discussion of how expensive gas prices have been but latley it has been getting way outta fuking hand. I've herd it will actually get even worse when the "summer blend" comes out (is there such a thing)? Premium is now $3.29 a gallon at most stations, what is it going to be 2 months from now in July? $4.00? Just crazy and I know you have all herd it before but we aren't all made of money.

juicedimpss
05-01-2007, 10:48 AM
plain and simple,there is nothing we are able to change with the gas prices.

ride the bus,ride a bicycle,jog,walk,rollerblade....or quit crying.

2SLOW
05-01-2007, 10:50 AM
there is a face book group on this.

http://purdue.facebook.com/event.php?eid=2313048761&ref=mf

don't know if you need a user name?

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m173/spooleliminator/facebookdontpumpgas.jpg

JC70SS
05-01-2007, 11:19 AM
buy race gas instead...it is only $3.99

xxsn0blindxx
05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
So nobody buys gas on the 15th, I don't see how this is hurting the oil companies at all. Just because you don't buy gas on the 15th doesn't mean you won't buy it on the 14th or the 16th either way you're going to buy it. A more effective plan would be to get a nation wide stop to using fuel for a week. Although really any large coordinated effort like this is going to be known before it happens and even if there was a chance of any slight impact, the companies would already be prepared for it. Not to mention by the time it trickles back to the oil companies they won't hardly notice it because first it will impact gas station owners and they'll get the hardest hit. From there the distributors the gas stations buy from will feel it a little over the course of a few weeks when it takes a couple days longer for orders to come in. By the time it goes through the refineries and back to the oil companies it will be so spread out they won't even notice.

Karps TA
05-01-2007, 11:27 AM
A one day boycott wouldn't even cause a ripple in the price of gas. Even a 1 week boycott wouldn't do anything but hurt the station owners who don't make jack off the gas anyways.

Want lower prices? Don't drive cars that get crappy mileage, use less long term, tell the tree huggers to get bent and start pulling oil out of the ground here in America, tell communities to allow refineries to be built. Or better yet have the govt build refineries on closed military bases that are govt land anyways.

There's plenty of real solutions.

But I'll still do the boycott, cause I'll be in Vegas that day anyways :D

BAD LS1
05-01-2007, 11:27 AM
I just about shit a purple twinky with black cream this morning! I filled up the S10 last night at 3.09 for regular and 15.2 gallon later... I leave for work this morning in the monte that is on fumes and needs premium only... Only to see that priced jumped to 3.19 for regular and 3.40 for premium!!!

So now the monte gets driven once a week lol and only gets a splash of gas as needed... un real.

As i said it before, Nothing like the cute chick behind the counter at the sation taking my money with a ski mask and a gun... Would be diff if i was getting a little ball tickle from her or something...

Karps TA
05-01-2007, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=BAD LS1;271944]I just about shit a purple twinky with black cream this morning! I filled up the S10 last night at 3.09 for regular and 15.2 gallon later... I leave for work this morning in the monte that is on fumes and needs premium only... Only to see that priced jumped to 3.19 for regular and 3.40 for premium!!!

So now the monte gets drive once a week lol and only gets a splash of gas as needed... un real.

[QUOTE]

And that's why I bought an LT instead of the SS. f-that.

BAD LS1
05-01-2007, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=BAD LS1;271944]I just about shit a purple twinky with black cream this morning! I filled up the S10 last night at 3.09 for regular and 15.2 gallon later... I leave for work this morning in the monte that is on fumes and needs premium only... Only to see that priced jumped to 3.19 for regular and 3.40 for premium!!!

So now the monte gets drive once a week lol and only gets a splash of gas as needed... un real.

[QUOTE]

And that's why I bought an LT instead of the SS. f-that.

Its not that it gets bad mileage, its getting 23 right now with mixed driving, but with 10:1 CR it kinda cripples its performance on 87...

07ROUSHSTG3
05-01-2007, 11:50 AM
heard on the radio today that the national average will see $4.00 this summer. obviously it would be nicer to be cheaper but in the grand scheme of things i don't see $4.00 being that high. inflation affects everything, to think that gas should be left out because we need it is childish. oil is a NON RENEWABLE RESOURCE, when you factor that in with supply and demand you have what equals higher prices. i think that milk is way too overpriced compared to gas, think about it. we all live within a few hundred miles of our milk supply. the resources we need for milk are grass and cows. to get milk is much easier than drilling for oil, you can even do it by hand if you would like. the milk gets pasturized and sent to the stores in plastic jugs. crude oil on the other hand is a little more complicated. it is not like there is a gas pump out in the desert and they pump it into the shell truck and deliver the stuff. people that argue about gas prices sound funny to me, sorry if that upsets anyone.

88Nightmare
05-01-2007, 11:57 AM
heard on the radio today that the national average will see $4.00 this summer. obviously it would be nicer to be cheaper but in the grand scheme of things i don't see $4.00 being that high. inflation affects everything, to think that gas should be left out because we need it is childish. oil is a NON RENEWABLE RESOURCE, when you factor that in with supply and demand you have what equals higher prices. i think that milk is way too overpriced compared to gas, think about it. we all live within a few hundred miles of our milk supply. the resources we need for milk are grass and cows. to get milk is much easier than drilling for oil, you can even do it by hand if you would like. the milk gets pasturized and sent to the stores in plastic jugs. crude oil on the other hand is a little more complicated. it is not like there is a gas pump out in the desert and they pump it into the shell truck and deliver the stuff. people that argue about gas prices sound funny to me, sorry if that upsets anyone.

werd. I drive a silverado as a daily. I pay the price and shut the **** up, nothing I can do about it. I chose to drive it, so therefore I automatically agreed to pay for the gas.

Karps TA
05-01-2007, 11:58 AM
oil is a NON RENEWABLE RESOURCE, .

Where do you get that from? The earth is constantly producing oil. It's not just dead dinosaurs creating oil. They've gone back to wells in the gulf that were deemed empty and dry a 15-20 years ago and now they are getting more oil then ever out of them. Oil is only expensive because we refuse to drill here to get it.

Even then it's not the oil itself that is expensive. It's the lack of refinery capacity and that the refineries routinely shut down for "maintenance" artificially affecting supply. They are the only business in the world who can do that. Any other business would lose capacity and production they'd lose business to their competition.

Nix
05-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Whos "crying" about the price of gas? Me? Hardly, Im personally stating my opnion. Read closer at what I put in my previous post and you will see that this is the first time I have showed disguest towards the price of fuel.

I guess in all my other posts about non related fuel topics Im crying about those things also...:rolf

wikked
05-01-2007, 12:27 PM
snizzoped!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/eggs.asp

scaleracer
05-01-2007, 12:38 PM
plain and simple,there is nothing we are able to change with the gas prices.

ride the bus,ride a bicycle,jog,walk,rollerblade....or quit crying.

ron you rollerblade:rolf :rolf

scaleracer
05-01-2007, 12:40 PM
buy race gas instead...it is only $3.99

sounds like a (RACE CAR)

pOrk
05-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Spam email stays in the Spam email box Wayne. Shame shame :-P

2SLOW
05-01-2007, 01:46 PM
snizzoped!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/eggs.asp

hmmmmmmmmmmmm government regulated maybe? lol

Prince Valiant
05-01-2007, 01:50 PM
I'll be biking to work when I can...17.5 miles, one way, 35/day. It takes about an hour on the trek.

So, if you see some tall pale dude on 91st/92nd street biking at a good clip, don't run me over...no matter what I said to you on the 'net.