PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather vs. De la Hoya- who is your pick?

07ROUSHSTG3
04-30-2007, 01:14 PM
just like the title asks, who are you betting on? i was a mayweather fan until i watched the HBO specials about the fight. mayweather comes off as a real as$hole. i am not a de la Hoya fan but i hope he shuts mayweather up, so i post a poll:thumbsup

Prince Valiant
04-30-2007, 01:20 PM
I've always felt that when De La Hoya actually trains like fighting is THE most important thing to him, there are very few fighters that can actually beat him. I don't think he does well in the higher weight classes, and he's getting on the old side...however, many of his extracuricular activities that really distracted him from training previously are no longer there. So, provided he actually puts his heart into it, I think De La Hoya can pull this one out. Winner by decision.

SlowStee
04-30-2007, 01:44 PM
I've always felt that when De La Hoya actually trains like fighting is THE most important thing to him, there are very few fighters that can actually beat him. I don't think he does well in the higher weight classes, and he's getting on the old side...however, many of his extracuricular activities that really distracted him from training previously are no longer there. So, provided he actually puts his heart into it, I think De La Hoya can pull this one out. Winner by decision.

The only thing is the speed, De La hoya is fighting a fast guy.. and the last time that happened he lost. But he is training with the best, so we'll see.

I want De La Hoya to win.

hrsp
04-30-2007, 02:26 PM
boxing is still around??? lol

oscar by decision

JC70SS
04-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Mayweather will win in a slaughter house.....I hate him he is the biggest piece of arrogant shit on earth!!

dr doom
04-30-2007, 03:21 PM
boxing is still around??? lol

oscar by decision

my thoughts exactly, mayweather made some real dumb comments on sherdog.com. not a fan of boxing anymore the true combat soprt of the future is MMA.

07ROUSHSTG3
04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
my thoughts exactly, mayweather made some real dumb comments on sherdog.com. not a fan of boxing anymore the true combat soprt of the future is MMA.

boxing in my opinion is not so much a combat sport but more of a violent chess match.

junk mx6 no rly
04-30-2007, 03:33 PM
boxing in my opinion is not so much a combat sport but more of a violent chess match.

excatly you can be big and strong but if your fighting someone thats got speed and can dodge you you aint shit espically as its not a street fight so even if its a getle tap it still counts against you.

i hope De la hoya beats his ****en ass down and then shits on him.:thumbsup :thumbsup

VroomPshhTsi
04-30-2007, 04:03 PM
mayweather will win, he's too good and oscar is getting too old

mayweather does talk a lot of smack but it's boxing, just like the ufc it's all mind games

Yooformula
04-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Liddell tko 1st round.

ooops wrong thread. ummm Oscar?

dr doom
04-30-2007, 07:01 PM
boxing is boring. thats why it is dying off.

07ROUSHSTG3
04-30-2007, 08:58 PM
boxing is boring. thats why it is dying off.

:confused i don;t buy that:confused . the reason boxing is dying (which i am not sure it is) is because of all the different sanctioning bodies. you got the ibf,wba,wbo,wbc,and more seem like they are popping up every year. people that do not understand how it works get confused when there is more than one champion, "how can there be 3 heavyweight champs?". there are rumors that they want to create one but that will never happen. each sanctioning body gets money for a fighter to box for one of there titles and they will not want to split that up. i think that other ring sports are starting to experience the same thing now, and in a few years it will be the same as boxing. would be much better if the tv networks stopped making there own damn leagues to get viewers. there should be one boxing organization and one utlimate fighting organization, just like there is one football, baseball, and basketball organization.:thumbsup i would take 12 rounds of a decent boxing match over 3 rounds of the best ultimate fighting anyday. i love watching men roll around in tights grappling each other:stare

07ROUSHSTG3
05-01-2007, 09:11 AM
wow, that is a lot of posts. everytime i edited it, it reposted???

dr doom
05-01-2007, 03:37 PM
boxing is dying because MMA is a far better sport to watch. there is far more skill involved in MMA too. There isnt one boxer out there that would defeat the guys in PRIDE FC or the UFC.

07ROUSHSTG3
05-01-2007, 03:42 PM
boxing is dying because MMA is a far better sport to watch. there is far more skill involved in MMA too. There isnt one boxer out there that would defeat the guys in PRIDE FC or the UFC.

i would bet on the pride fighter, but i would take the boxer vs. a ufc fighter. the boxer's stamina would eventually kill the ufc guy. as long as the boxer could stay away from their breakdancing moves (groping and grappling) the boxer would for sure win.

07ROUSHSTG3
05-01-2007, 03:48 PM
you take someone like mayweather or even a smaller guy like pacqiou (sp.) and i don't think there is many fighting in ufc that could match the speed of those 2 guys. i watch ufc pretty often and am not too impressed with the skill of any of the fighters, yes it is entertaining but that is about it for me. in my opinion UFC is nothing more than a bunch of guys that were not smart enough or fast enough to be a boxer.

if anyone on here does participate in UFC, i was talking about the guys you fight against,LOL

Prince Valiant
05-01-2007, 03:52 PM
There isnt one boxer out there that would defeat the guys in PRIDE FC or the UFC. I don't know that one could say that...if they are boxing, I'd hope the boxer would wup up on the guy. I otherwise think it'd be difficult if not impossible to extrapulate what the boxers skill is in any other fight medium based on what one observes soley in the boxing ring.

hrsp
05-01-2007, 03:58 PM
there is no "pure" boxer that could take out a skilled mma guy...

they have WAY more fighting skills than a boxer does... once the fight got to the ground....LIGHTS OUT FOR THE BOXER...EVERYTIME

07ROUSHSTG3
05-01-2007, 04:03 PM

they have WAY more fighting skills than a boxer does... once the fight got to the ground....LIGHTS OUT FOR THE BOXER...EVERYTIME

the fight would never get to the ground with a decent boxer, and yes i said DECENT:thumbsup

SlowStee
05-01-2007, 04:15 PM
the fight would never get to the ground with a decent boxer, and yes i said DECENT:thumbsup

you must not know anything about take-downs :)

07ROUSHSTG3
05-01-2007, 04:24 PM
you must not know anything about take-downs :)

you must not have seen any good boxing matches lately:goof there is really no way to solve this, boxers make way too much money, the UFC could not afford to get a boxer in their funny looking ring:rolf

hrsp
05-01-2007, 04:28 PM
^ it would never get to the ground cause boxers have great TAKEDOWN DEFENSE???lol your so wrong it hurts my head to think about...lol

07ROUSHSTG3
05-01-2007, 04:32 PM
like i said, i watch a ufc quite a bit, and not just the reruns that you probably watch on SPIKE TV, so yes i know about all their crotch dives. when it comes to skill boxing is far superior, no doubt about it.

Lash
05-01-2007, 04:32 PM
boxers make way too much money, the UFC could not afford to get a boxer in their funny looking ring:rolf

You must not know how much the top MMA fighters get paid.

07ROUSHSTG3
05-01-2007, 04:33 PM
You must not know how much the top MMA fighter get paid.

how many times a year do they have to fight to make as much as mayweather will make this saturday?:confused

Lash
05-01-2007, 04:45 PM
how many times a year do they have to fight to make as much as mayweather will make this saturday?:confused

Most MMA fighters only fight 2-3 times a year.

07ROUSHSTG3
05-01-2007, 04:50 PM
the point of this thread was not to argue about which sport is better, that is in the eye of the beholder, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. i enjoy watching UFC and PRIDE, maybe not as much as boxing but none the less i still watch, just giving some people a hard time that hi-jacked the thread. i still stand behind my opinions but it really is pointless arguing about it!

Lash
05-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Either way.....

Boxing sucks. :goof

hrsp
05-01-2007, 05:39 PM
boxers are *****'s nowadays...

dr doom
05-01-2007, 09:52 PM

here ill tell you what do a search on this MMA fighter Fedor Emelianenko. Look up some videos, look at his record, look at everything about the guy, i will take him over and of your "decent" boxers......hell even your BEST boxers. FEDOR wins every time hands down lights out.:headbang

dr doom
05-01-2007, 09:54 PM
the point of this thread was not to argue about which sport is better, that is in the eye of the beholder, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. i enjoy watching UFC and PRIDE, maybe not as much as boxing but none the less i still watch, just giving some people a hard time that hi-jacked the thread. i still stand behind my opinions but it really is pointless arguing about it!

see im not arguing with you id like to call it debating. :thumbsup

Prince Valiant
05-02-2007, 01:44 PM

they have WAY more fighting skills than a boxer does... once the fight got to the ground....LIGHTS OUT FOR THE BOXER...EVERYTIMEAgain, I don't know where people come up with this stuff?

If they are "boxing" (IE, following the rules of boxing), the boxer would most likely win. He's the better boxer.

Going to another style (such as ufc), the one whose spent more time practicing that style wins, IE, the ufc fighter.

Otherwise, you are arguing who'd beat up who...Superman or Hulk? It's pointless.

07ROUSHSTG3
05-02-2007, 02:25 PM
superman would kick some green ass!

Prince Valiant
05-02-2007, 03:24 PM
superman would kick some green ass!:rolleyes:

:goof

Karps TA
05-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Mayweather should win. De Le Hoya is a bit old. Would be a better fight when he was in his prime.

I'm not a huge boxing fan, the sport has really gone down hill with no good heavyweights. But I can't get into UFC at all. Once the fights hit the ground I flip the channel. Get's too homoerotic for my liking. I like the K1 fighting. That's pretty cool to me.

VroomPshhTsi
05-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Mayweather should win as long as his right hand doesn't bother him. I doubt he's even been using it hard in practice. Mayweather has never even been knocked down in any of his fights, the only time was after he hurt his right hand and used it for a huge right after which he winced in pain and his right glove touched the mat so it was ruled a knock down. Mayweather isn't a huge finisher either (I think he'd KO'd someone only like 4 of the last 10 fights). He just does enough to win each round and relies on speed n defense for the rest of the fight.

I finally found someone a block away who is ordering the fight on PPV :headbang

VroomPshhTsi
05-05-2007, 11:38 PM
so who was the only other person besides me that had mayweather by decision??

fight was pretty much what was expected... oscar had the crowd and momentum but never really got floyd in trouble, floyd's speed was evident the whole fight, went the distance, pretty boy by decision... i really want to see hatton (if he beats castillo) vs. mayweather like they've had setup for the past 6 months

hrsp
05-05-2007, 11:50 PM
i picked oscar by decision...:( was it worth the money?

VroomPshhTsi
05-05-2007, 11:54 PM
i went to a friend's house so it was free to me (not to mention $5 i won on a bet)... the fight was pretty much what was expected, no one was ever close to being knocked down, so it wasn't really worth $55 but like most PPVs if u get a few people to chip in you prolly got ur money's worth

rally_scort
05-05-2007, 11:56 PM
if i were oscar, the fight wouldnt matter when i got home and pounded my hott ass wife.Mayweather and 50 cent most likely hit the showers together.:gay

hrsp
05-05-2007, 11:59 PM
i heard 50 bet 1 mil on the fight??? prolly just a publicity stunt but you never know....

hrsp
05-05-2007, 11:59 PM
need hot ass pics of oscars wife now....

VroomPshhTsi
05-06-2007, 12:05 AM
yea mayweather is a shit talker, and yes oscar's wife is hot :banana1:

but i'm sure mayweather could get any lady he wanted, with his $30,000 he carries in his sweats at all times

Yooformula
05-06-2007, 12:09 AM
12 rounds to get a descision........no thanks. I'll stick to mma.

nismodave
05-06-2007, 12:13 AM
I enjoyed the fight....Hoya was just out-punched.

hrsp
05-06-2007, 12:58 AM
12 rounds to get a descision........no thanks. I'll stick to mma.

keep a preaching my friend!!!!:thumbsup