PDA

View Full Version : anyone going to the milwaukee mile this weekend??

07ROUSHSTG3
04-30-2007, 12:57 PM
just wondering if anybody is going to be running around the track with the cobra club on saturday. there is still openings last i heard. i am renting the de la hoya fight that night so i don't think i will be going, but i may change my mind before then. if a few want to go maybe we can get together and go together?!?!?

07ROUSHSTG3
05-01-2007, 04:40 PM
nobody is going to go run the mile this weekend???

300pny
05-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Apparently no one here

ricksws7
05-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Ran it last year. Took 2 hrs. waiting in line to get in the track infield then another hr. in line to take 3 laps at 45mph behind a pace truck. I think I have better things to do. Rick

07ROUSHSTG3
05-02-2007, 09:33 AM
Ran it last year. Took 2 hrs. waiting in line to get in the track infield then another hr. in line to take 3 laps at 45mph behind a pace truck. I think I have better things to do. Rick

thanks for the heads up, i have a little bit of a drive to get there so i would not wnat to wait around:thumbsup

Heat Seeker WS6
05-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Its cool to take the kids or whatever to for pics & stuff, but dont expect to do any 'driving' or to get any kind of speed.

Pepino
05-02-2007, 04:33 PM

Do you have mirrors under your hood? (I gave-up my spot for you last year....sweet car) See this year we all pre-registered (supposedly have a seperate entrance). As for the speed thing, all you do is fall back a little from the pace car, then floor it. I was able to get up to 80 (even with my GT)

ricksws7
05-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Sounds better than the way it was last year. I do have the mirrors under my hood and thank you for last year. Maybe it will be a alright time for you this year. Rick

Heat Seeker WS6
05-03-2007, 04:57 PM
They have a car show too- anybody going to that?

goatcheez
05-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Side note...All proceeds benefit The Hunger Task Force of Wisconsin. I'll be there and so will big Gilbert Brown. Didn't have any "waiting" issues last year, sorry you did. Tip - If you wait til closer to the end of the show the line to drive the mile is literally non-existent. I'll have the GTO and my son with me. Look for the guy in "The Brew" shirt. Hopefully I'll see some of you there!

goatcheez

Flicktitty
05-05-2007, 12:08 PM
They have a car show too- anybody going to that?

i might go for the car show if i don't go down to AMS's open house/swap meet.

Arigmaster
05-06-2007, 12:31 PM
I stopped up there around 11:30 this morning to drop off a food donation but didn't go in for the show or track time. TV6 was at the gate and interviewed me. Don't know if they will use it but I guess they liked the car.

I went because Hunger Task Force is one of the very few charities that lagitimatley help people in need without directors and workers absorbing most of it in payrolls. Most of the people who help are volunteers.

Arigmaster
05-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Ha! Guess they didn't want my mug on TV afterall...