PDA

View Full Version : nfl draft...thoughts?

hrsp
04-28-2007, 10:30 PM
damn packers never make any moves....fukking hate em....bastards..lol

DynoTom
04-28-2007, 10:40 PM
What a crap draft for the pack.....maybe Favre should of retired...Looks like this year will be "rocky" at best for the pack....

70challenger452
04-28-2007, 10:56 PM
you guys don't know much about the draft if you think this was a bad draft, I spend more time on a a draft website than I do here, it was an excellent draft for the packers, they got one of the best front 7's on D now, they got a RB that fits the system perfectly and will split the time with Morency, they got a 3rd WR they needed, we didn't need anything earlier for WR either, and we got a stud for a saftey in Rouse who really the only reason why he fell is because he is a S/LB tweener so if he can prove himself athletic enough to play S then he will be an absolute steal, and farve should retire, what are you, some sort of bear fan, or do you like they purple people

flyin_blue_egg
04-28-2007, 11:03 PM
^^^are you dumb....michael bush was there for the taking and they just let him slip by....ted thompson needs to be shot!!!

but i do agree that Rouse was a steal

70challenger452
04-28-2007, 11:07 PM
^^^are you dumb....michael bush was there for the taking and they just let him slip by....ted thompson needs to be shot!!!

but i do agree that Rouse was a steal

just because he's a big name means we missed him. He didn't fit the system one bit. Lets review for a minute. TT blasted for not picking Chad Jackson and trading down and "reaching" for greg jennings. Now who is a better WR? hmmm

flyin_blue_egg
04-28-2007, 11:11 PM
to tell you the truth, jennings still has A LOT! to prove...yea he did have a good season last year, but thats all he had was good

70challenger452
04-28-2007, 11:17 PM
and do you see many rookie WR getting that much praise, I think not, he is much better than Chad Jackson, and lets not forget TT pullin one out of left field with nick collins, no one saw that comin and he got blasted for that, do I have to keep arguing my points? I tired, I've been watching the dang thing all day

DynoTom
04-28-2007, 11:18 PM
It just seems that Favre will be having to carry the team this year....a bunch a new guys take time to figure out the team and I was not looking forward to having Favre "go out on the bottom" this year if he could avoid it.....I think Favre is GREAT but, I was just saying it's going to be hard to watch him get beat up out there in what will probably be his last year....I think most Packer fans think Ted Thompson is not good at his job.....

70challenger452
04-28-2007, 11:24 PM
why do you think the team is going to be so bad? that o-line is gunna be rock solid this season, the zone blocking system has never required high pick guys to sucseed in, that D only has one question mark, thats S opposite of Collins. And were gunna have 3 guy competing for the job. Theres a reason why farve came back. He sees the young energy in this team, he wouldn't have come back if he thought the team was gunna suck and he was just gunna get beat up, TT is a great GM and taking this team in the direction it need to be headed in, and if you really hate him, I know of a great website for you firepackersgm.com, so you can talk to all the other haters there

theavenger333
04-28-2007, 11:27 PM
my complaint is not taking Reggie Nelson with the first pick. he was available, i think we needed a safety very badly. it would allow Collins to go to strong, which suits him, and Nelson is a ball hawk. he's always around it. after that i think they did pretty well.

DynoTom
04-28-2007, 11:28 PM
why do you think the team is going to be so bad? that o-line is gunna be rock solid this season, the zone blocking system has never required high pick guys to sucseed in, that D only has one question mark, thats S opposite of Collins. And were gunna have 3 guy competing for the job. Theres a reason why farve came back. He sees the young energy in this team, he wouldn't have come back if he thought the team was gunna suck and he was just gunna get beat up, TT is a great GM and taking this team in the direction it need to be headed in, and if you really hate him, I know of a great website for you firepackersgm.com, so you can talk to all the other haters there

I hope you are right ! I would LOVE to see the Packers be a great team again !

70challenger452
04-28-2007, 11:32 PM
my complaint is not taking Reggie Nelson with the first pick. he was available, i think we needed a safety very badly. it would allow Collins to go to strong, which suits him, and Nelson is a ball hawk. he's always around it. after that i think they did pretty well.

I'm with you, I was praying for nelson but I'm sure TT saw something we didn't, for one I know that TT likes taking high character itellegent guys, nelson had to go to a community college before cause his grades were too bad in high school, so maybe that was a factor

hrsp
04-29-2007, 12:50 AM
our first pick is questionable....dont know much about him but he;s coming off a major injury...he did bench like 35+times which is GREAT....

my fantasy world wanted to trade up fpr peterson..but thats in "fantasy" land...lol

but we passed on a few players i feel are better than harrell

WE PASSED ON LEON HALL...yes we have 2 good db's but there not getting any younger and i think hall could be VG...

WE PASSED ON greg olsen...who we DESPERETALY needed....

WE PASSED ON Robert meachem..who i like as well....but i hope that keeps the randy deal open for talks!!!

but the whole NFC NORTH GOT ALOT BETTER

lion-calvin johnson-UNREAL!!!!!!
vikings-adrian peterson-UNREAL!!!!
bears-Greg olsen-is going to be a great pass catching TE for them...

this year will be tough regardless of any moves we do..

flyin_blue_egg
04-29-2007, 08:41 AM
i think the reason why they didn't take nelson is b/c of his size....i think they felt that although he would be very good in the passing game, that he would be an almost non-factor in the run game

hrsp
04-29-2007, 01:13 PM
moos traded to the patriots!!!for a 4th round pick....another no deal for the pack:(

300pny
04-29-2007, 02:46 PM
moos traded to the patriots!!!for a 4th round pick....another no deal for the pack:(

Glad to see it, Thank god Moss didn't go to the Packers

hrsp
04-29-2007, 03:06 PM
must not want em to win...

70challenger452
04-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Harrel is a batter player than Hall, olson and expecially Meachem

Karps TA
04-29-2007, 03:29 PM
The first day was a disaster. People wonder why Favre tries to win games by himself? Cause he friggen has too. We have 1.5 WR's (driver and maybe Jennings), ZERO TE's, and ZERO RB's. So lets go and not fill anyholes. Ridiculous. I wish Favre would call up the Packers and tell them to go F themselves. Ted Thompson refuses to give Brett any help whatsoever, cause he's in his 15 year rebuilding plan.

I'd trade 5-6 years of losing (which we'll do anyways without a QB) for one last shot at a Super Bowl with Brett.

Pic up a DT that has injury problems and barely played last year when plenty of top WR's and a TE were available? We signed Pickett last year to big money, Cole, Jolly, Williams all played pretty good last year. That was not a need at all. Best player available my ass.

It makes my stomach turn watching Thompson run this team into the ground and piss all over Favre's legacy.

hrsp
04-29-2007, 03:43 PM
we def needed a wr or rb or te...our dt position was "less"" of a need...

again i think we can be good he def has GREAT strengh but we could have done with out him..imo

Karps TA
04-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Holy sh!t. We took 2 ILB and a kicker in the 6th round? What team is he drafting for? We just signed Barnett long term, Hodge is his backup up. What the F? is he doing? He's just wasting picks.

I swear I hope Favre just makes an annoucement today he quits and that he's quiting because of Ted Thompson so we can watch his ass be run out of town.

VroomPshhTsi
04-29-2007, 04:09 PM
I wish we could've got Sidney Rice from South Carolina for WR

70challenger452
04-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Thompson is running this team into the ground?, why don't you guys do some research and compare his past drafts to sherman's, then come talk to me

flyin_blue_egg
04-29-2007, 06:19 PM
nobody here has said sherman did anything good for the team either...but come on, when he drafted harrell there were plenty of people left that we could have used A LOT more....umm like greg jones ,and i can't remember any of the other guys

70challenger452
04-29-2007, 06:24 PM
nobody here has said sherman did anything good for the team either...but come on, when he drafted harrell there were plenty of people left that we could have used A LOT more....umm like greg jones ,and i can't remember any of the other guys

Greg Olson?, I'm assuming your talking about him but if Olson didn't run such a good 40 time, he would have never been picked round 1. He got over hyped and was not even close to being worth the #16 pick, Harrel was a good pick, hate me, please hate me

Karps TA
04-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Comparing his drafts to Sherman?? He's just as bad. Drafting all on potential instead of picking up football players. TT is just like Sherman where he wants to prove to everyone that he is some draft genius by taking unknown players with great measurables as draft picks. Combine stats are all BS. Give me players who played at big time programs and produced over fast 40 yard times.

Even if I gave them on the DT, the rest of his draft was a reach. A bunch of "could be's" and "maybe's".

Love the qoute in the Journal about the Safety we took. "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" Perfect, another Safety who can't play. We already have several of those.

hrsp
04-29-2007, 07:53 PM
harrell is a good pick IF the team didnt have other pressing needs...PERIOD

70challenger452
04-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Comparing his drafts to Sherman?? He's just as bad. Drafting all on potential instead of picking up football players. TT is just like Sherman where he wants to prove to everyone that he is some draft genius by taking unknown players with great measurables as draft picks. Combine stats are all BS. Give me players who played at big time programs and produced over fast 40 yard times.

Even if I gave them on the DT, the rest of his draft was a reach. A bunch of "could be's" and "maybe's".

Love the qoute in the Journal about the Safety we took. "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" Perfect, another Safety who can't play. We already have several of those.

First of that quote does not fit the bill for rouse, he's a guy that made a lot of plays for the hookies was the defensive leader ever since Darrel Tapp left, and the main reason why he isn't getting picked higher was becasue there were douts about him being athletic enough to play saftey. More of the type of guy that is a real good college player that just doesn't translate into the NFL all that well, and secondly, do you really want me to start pulling out all the stats comparing sherman's picks to Thompson's?

flyin_blue_egg
04-29-2007, 08:50 PM
there was another good quote for TT in the sentinal....something about him picking the BEST player with each pick...im sorry but although harrell may be good, he was by FAR not the best pick avalible at 16

Karps TA
04-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Go ahead pull out as many stats as you want. IMO they both were/are terrible GMs. So you're not going to really prove anything to me. I would never stick up for Sherman.

But TT hasn't been a draft master.
Rodgers - terrible. And no not the jury's out on him, he sucks, hasn't even shown a glimpse of being a NFL QB. Martin has looked better in preseason games. He's too mechanical and has no field presence.
Collins - okay nothing special but decent enough player
Terrance Murphy - out of the league
Underwood - always hurt
Poppinga - see Collins. Hopefully will get better with more time at LB
Coston - always hurt
Montgomery - a nobody
Bragg - out of the league
Campbell - out of the league
Whittaker - damn close to being cut, started his rookie year only cause the FA's TT bought in were even worse.

So 2005 he was 2 okays, 2 maybes, and 6 craps picks. Not a bad draft for a draft genius coming to a team that had holes at nearly every position. Way to not fill basically any of them in 05. Wasted draft.

Last year I actually like his draft. He drafted for need. We needed D help and he got it. We needed OL and he went and got them.

I don't buy into the whole draft the best player regardless of position crap. That's fine for teams that are restocking and already have players at positions. But when you have glaring holes, you don't ignore them. I know TT thinks some guys will get cut and he can pick them up at bargian prices. But that has yet to work for him. He tried that in 05 with trying to pick up Guards and it was a disaster.

We don't have a single decent TE on the team. Which is crazy considering it's a huge position in the West Coast offense and someone Favre loves to throw to. Our RB's are a who's who of nobody's. They are all interchangeable mediocre backup RB's who can't even stay healthy.

hrsp
04-29-2007, 10:37 PM
{} yup..that about sums it up

hrsp
04-29-2007, 10:41 PM
we alos didnt make a play for d jackson (wr) that was on the trade block or make an offer to jeremy stevens(te) hes better than what we got....

70challenger452
04-30-2007, 06:33 AM
Go ahead pull out as many stats as you want. IMO they both were/are terrible GMs. So you're not going to really prove anything to me. I would never stick up for Sherman.

But TT hasn't been a draft master.
Rodgers - terrible. And no not the jury's out on him, he sucks, hasn't even shown a glimpse of being a NFL QB. Martin has looked better in preseason games. He's too mechanical and has no field presence.
Collins - okay nothing special but decent enough player
Terrance Murphy - out of the league
Underwood - always hurt
Poppinga - see Collins. Hopefully will get better with more time at LB
Coston - always hurt
Montgomery - a nobody
Bragg - out of the league
Campbell - out of the league
Whittaker - damn close to being cut, started his rookie year only cause the FA's TT bought in were even worse.

So 2005 he was 2 okays, 2 maybes, and 6 craps picks. Not a bad draft for a draft genius coming to a team that had holes at nearly every position. Way to not fill basically any of them in 05. Wasted draft.

Last year I actually like his draft. He drafted for need. We needed D help and he got it. We needed OL and he went and got them.

I don't buy into the whole draft the best player regardless of position crap. That's fine for teams that are restocking and already have players at positions. But when you have glaring holes, you don't ignore them. I know TT thinks some guys will get cut and he can pick them up at bargian prices. But that has yet to work for him. He tried that in 05 with trying to pick up Guards and it was a disaster.

We don't have a single decent TE on the team. Which is crazy considering it's a huge position in the West Coast offense and someone Favre loves to throw to. Our RB's are a who's who of nobody's. They are all interchangeable mediocre backup RB's who can't even stay healthy.

Is this a serous post, you actually think this is a legit post, well I'm just gunna spot posting in this thread about right here

Karps TA
04-30-2007, 06:59 AM
Tell me where I'm wrong? Actually I would probably find your arguement for Thompson ridiculous as well. I mean how can you argue against his 2005 draft being terrible. Of the 10 players he drafted only 3 of them even played that year. Nice, that's why they finished 4-12. Last year he drafts pretty decent, get's some starters out of it and they pick up 8 more wins.

Seems like simple math to me.

hrsp
04-30-2007, 12:10 PM
just for the record ALOT of the "experts" are really questioning the packers draft...not just me and a few others on here