PDA

View Full Version : Bull Sh!t...

Nix
04-27-2007, 12:32 PM
So some of you know that my car was towed last friday eveing while i was at Culvers. i had just had the clutch done on the car and put 13 miles on it only to go and move it from its parking spot and it wouldnt go into 1st gear, it would go into any gear.

Pop the hood and check the hydro fluid and the resivour (sp)? was almost empty. Try refilling it and it just pissed out all over the place, get it towed back to the shop where I had it done. They werent open all last weekend, they dont have an answering machine so I had to leave a note on my car.

So monday rolls around and I hadnt herd anything from them by about 9 in the morning so I called there and talked to one fella who had a piss poor fuking attitude. This guy was a complete douche:flipoff2:
So I explain everything to him and then he says he will call me back when they figure out what the problem is, I say I put my keys in what looked to be a mail slot on the side door of you building and he said Oh we already have your keys really pissy like. So I said alright please call me back.

Well wednesday rolls around and I still havent herd anyhting and the car was moved into their shop on monday morning and they had it on their lift asap I know cause I work near there and drive by their shop everyday so I know the car was inside on my way to work monday morning around 7:45. I called them and the guy still didnt have an explanation execpt for its leaking hydro fluid out.

So another guy called me the other day and said that the piston blew through that slave cylinder and it just exploded?!?!?! WTF? I have never herd of this happening, so they said they have the parts on thursday and they will throw it togther and be done with it. Well now they say they want to go over it with a fine tooth comb and make sure its all good? Whats the deal here, this place has been dicking me around, I wish I knew more about manual trannies and had the equiptment to make a project and do it myself.

Rant off....................
:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Red97GTP
04-27-2007, 01:16 PM
What place is this? It seems like a good place to avoid!

Al
04-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Mabey this guy is one of thsoe people who says "exploded" for something like a crack or bad scratch. These people are common. Mabey he meant that it popped.

I dealt with a slave cylinder on my A4 clutch. I'm thinking that if the unit did not simply fail under its own use, the clutch fork was out of alignment and the plunder touched the pressure plate. If that happened...ouch!

The clutch I put on my A4 is thicker than stock, so something rubs if I push the pedal all the way down. The common cure for this on an A4 is to adjust the location where the master cylinder is connected to the clutch pedal. This would be nice for my A4 since fully closed to completely open is less than 1 inch.

Heat Seeker WS6
04-27-2007, 01:26 PM
What place is this? It seems like a good place to avoid!

...or mobilize the BCM Gestapo?

BAD LS1
04-27-2007, 01:29 PM
You know i do work on these cars... I have not seen a catostrophic failure of a slave cylinder, ever. Ive seen them leak slightly, but unless you put it together wrong, and the throw out destroys it... thats the only way i can think of...

Nix
04-27-2007, 01:44 PM
For the cash that I put into it I should have just asked on here if someone wanted to do a fuggin side job and had a member do it. I wont even get my car back till next week now, so on monday trhey have had it for a week, another week I should say. How ******* long is it going to take for them to fix it who knows.:flipoff2:

Slow Joe
04-27-2007, 01:51 PM
I had the slave go out in my S-10... It just got a little leaky and would keep loosing pressure... Never heard of one "exploding" though...

GRAMPS SS
04-27-2007, 02:03 PM
hey...since you didn't tell them to order the parts...and they went ahead and did the job...do you have to pay for it..sice you didn't sign anything or give the the ok to do it....i didn't see that you said fix it..in your post.....after they said they got the parts....just a thought

GTSLOW
04-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Should have taken it to Tom.

sloLs1
04-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Should have taken it to Tom.

or my work:thumbsup

i hope you get everything straightened out!

Yooformula
04-27-2007, 11:52 PM
I learned the hard way that synthetic fluid in the master will rot the seal out QUICK. That might be what they did.

Al
04-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Those cylinders tend to be cheap. It costs more to have the lines bled.

Reverend Cooper
04-28-2007, 06:50 AM
why was the clutch replaced,worn?slipping? not going into gear or what. maybe the clutch wasnt really the prob. maybe the slave/master have been leaking. this will make for hard shifting or not being able to shift it. this may have been the real start of your clutch concerns in the first place. as a rule of thumb if the seals are that bad in the slave my opinion is replaceing the master and slave cylinder and bleed it and like yoo said no synthetic. and yeah if they didnt give an est. or no sig. on the repair order they are fvcked. they are goverend by the dept of ag. call the state of wisc. dept of ag and file a complaint

RedGSX
04-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Just pull your car from the shop and take it to someone else on here. It's never too late. Just tell them to return the parts. What I would do if I felt I was being dicked around.

Russ Jerome
04-28-2007, 04:27 PM
So another guy called me the other day and said that the piston blew through that slave cylinder and it just exploded?!?!?! WTF? I have never herd of this happening,:

Im a 43yr old ASE tech of 20+ years........BULLSHIT!

Quote me a year/make and I will generate a CAD
drawing for you from my Alldata tech program on
how your clutch slave is captured and an explanation
of why is cant "blow out". Leak yes, blowout no.

Incorectly installed and the piston was no longer
captured, piston came out. The failure caused
other issues they are trying to remedy and there
why the hold up is my guess.

BAD LS1
04-28-2007, 04:42 PM
What is funny to me here is that is soo fricken hard to put the slave together wrong... two bolts and it self aligns and everything. If the spring loaded throw out assembly were to get installed wrong it could start to rotate and the spring would spin and wear through the slave body... but that would make some noise!

Russ Jerome
04-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Well actualy if the victom is his 2000TA the slave cylinder
slides over the input spud, the trans has to come out to
correctly replace. The GM internal slave assembly has some
lines that can be mangled as well if wedged in there wrong.

Working in 24 hr dealerships with 40+ employees you would
be amazed at the stupid crap I've seen guys do.

Nix
04-29-2007, 11:19 PM
The car was orignially taken in there cause I felt a pulsating when I would depress the clutch and we figured it was the throwout bearing, sure enough it was.

When they took it apart they noticed that the clutch was worn pretty good and that it would need to be replaced most likley after this season was over. I have the old clutch and they were honest about that cause there really isnt much left on it at all, so I figured why not just have it done now while its out of the car and save a few bucks down the road.

So I talked to my brother about this and him and I are going in there tomorrow before I go into work and we are going to see what the fuk is going on. I believe that they fuked something up and more shit broke due to their negliance (sp?) and now they are trying to cover something up. It makes no sense, they have had the car since the 20th now and it has been on one of their lifts since the 23rd for cryin outloud. Whats the fuggin hold up?!?!?

The only reason why the car is back there is because I dumped a little over 1,200 to have this taken car of and I get the car back and put 13 miles on it and then is breeaks, I want them to fix their mistake and if they even think for one fuking min that I'm going to give them a fuking penny they are fuking crazy.

I will post what happens after we go in there tomorrow, stay tuned.......

GRM-REPR
05-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Time for an update on this thread now Nick don't you think?

Russ Jerome
05-01-2007, 08:07 PM
The car was orignially taken in there cause I felt a pulsating when I would depress the clutch and we figured it was the throwout bearing, sure enough it was.

When they took it apart they noticed that the clutch was worn pretty good and that it would need to be replaced most likley after this season was over. I have the old clutch and they were honest about that cause there really isnt much left on it at all,The only reason why the car is back there is because I dumped a little over 1,200 to have this taken car of and I get the car back and put 13 miles on it and then is breeaks, .

So you paid $1200, for that they did the clutch/plate and bearing?
Did they ask if you wanted a new slave cylinder with that job?
It would be a common question to the customer on that setup,
see my previous post. Im gonna go back to doing side jobs, for
over a grand you would have gotten the slave no matter you
wanted it or not...same price.

hrsp
05-01-2007, 08:08 PM
any update yet???

Nix
05-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Well to make a long story short, it turned out that when the previous owner put in the aftermarket clutch the master cylinder was also swapped out to match the clutch. The pressure that that master was pushing out was much greater than what the new LUK clutch that was put in so in turn it destroyed the slave and such.

I personally had the hood open on that car hundreds of times and never once did it dawn on me that the master was not stock. It looked orignial and it just never crossed my mind, so a new master has been put in the car to match and with the LUK clutch and not push so much damn pressure. This was over looked by me and also the shop and this info was never relayed to me when I purchased the vehicle either. So after all it turns out that it was not the shops fault.

I just assumed it was after this happened due to the fact it happened right after they fixed it so I started blaming the last person that touched the vehicle which was the shop. I never mentioned the shops name due to the fact that something like this could possibley happen and guess what? it did happen. Its just my luck that something like this would eventually happen.

After its all said and done the shop has had much better communication and everything is going along smoothly now, the owner actually took my car home the other day and he said its running great nowe. He wanted to take it home to put some miles on and make sure that eveything was matched correctly and running the way it should. So now the car is done and I will be picking it up after I get outta work.

This concludes my drama session and it turns out it was all for nothing because the shop wasn't to blame. I have already apologized to the shop owner numerous times for my attitude, but who knew and I along with a bunch of you just assumed that it was the shops fault. Not the case.

Cutlass Queen
05-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Well to make a long story short, it turned out that when the previous owner put in the aftermarket clutch the master cylinder was also swapped out to match the clutch. The pressure that that master was pushing out was much greater than what the new LUK clutch that was put in so in turn it destroyed the slave and such.

I personally had the hood open on that car hundreds of times and never once did it dawn on me that the master was not stock. It looked orignial and it just never crossed my mind, so a new master has been put in the car to match and with the LUK clutch and not push so much damn pressure. This was over looked by me and also the shop and this info was never relayed to me when I purchased the vehicle either. So after all it turns out that it was not the shops fault.

I just assumed it was after this happened due to the fact it happened right after they fixed it so I started blaming the last person that touched the vehicle which was the shop. I never mentioned the shops name due to the fact that something like this could possibley happen and guess what? it did happen. Its just my luck that something like this would eventually happen.

After its all said and done the shop has had much better communication and everything is going along smoothly now, the owner actually took my car home the other day and he said its running great nowe. He wanted to take it home to put some miles on and make sure that eveything was matched correctly and running the way it should. So now the car is done and I will be picking it up after I get outta work.

This concludes my drama session and it turns out it was all for nothing because the shop wasn't to blame. I have already apologized to the shop owner numerous times for my attitude, but who knew and I along with a bunch of you just assumed that it was the shops fault. Not the case.

Glad to hear everything worked out Nick, I wanna see this beast at Culvers on a nice day now :thumbsup

BAD LS1
05-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Dont blame ur self too much, the master is burried under the brake booster and its all blind work to swap it out lol You would have never seen it.

GRM-REPR
05-02-2007, 11:50 AM
I had to go down there for Nick because I used to be tech, so I understood the language. I was sort of disappointed in the fact that the previous owner hadn't disclosed the fact that he put a full kit into the car (i.e matched slave, master cyl, clutch etc).

Although one of the manager/owners over there is a choad, the other owner I talked to was decent about the whole thing and very understanding. Like Nick stated, had he have known at the time of the repair about the high psi master cyl, this all could've been avoided and repaired in one appointment.

Oh wel.....Glad to see you understand it all Nick.....

Nix
05-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Indeed Jon, I just went and picked it up on lunch and let me tell you that clutch is 100 times better now than before. Now its ready for the Dells in 2 weeks!:headbang

Nix
05-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Glad to hear everything worked out Nick, I wanna see this beast at Culvers on a nice day now :thumbsup

Keep an eye out for it Deana, actually you will hear it before you see it. Im really suprised that I haven't been hassled about loud exhaust yet.:rolf

GRM-REPR
05-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Keep an eye out for it Deana, actually you will hear it before you see it. Im really suprised that I haven't been hassled about loud exhaust yet.:rolf

Those 2 fart rockets you have out the back do signal your arrival......:rolleyes:

Prince Valiant
05-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Im gonna go back to doing side jobs...If that's true, then i've still got a job in need of getting done :goof

Nix
05-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Those 2 fart rockets you have out the back do signal your arrival......:rolleyes:

Ummmm yeah, if you mean glasspacks there is only one and then it splits into a y pipe you smelly fatass.:flipoff2:

Russ Jerome
05-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I never mentioned the shops name due to the fact that something like this could possibley happen and guess what? it did happen. .

Good move, glad it worked out well. That scenario explains volumes.