PDA

View Full Version : I'm Think Of Going Digital

GRAMPS SS
04-18-2007, 07:08 PM
yep thats right...just to try it.....what do you guys think of the Nikon D2X SLR

Yooformula
04-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Just get a disposable and call it a day.

SSDude
04-18-2007, 07:13 PM
You do regular photography. Should be a kickass camera. You'll like being able to edit, delete and photoshop your work.

stowsea
04-18-2007, 07:16 PM
it cant be any cheaper than 1,000,000 dollars

Poncho
04-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Digital killed the exposure star!

GRAMPS SS
04-18-2007, 07:26 PM
You do regular photography. Should be a kickass camera. You'll like being able to edit, delete and photoshop your work.

i do weddings and senior grad pics....

sacstoy02gt
04-18-2007, 07:30 PM
yep thats right...just to try it.....what do you guys think of the Nikon D2X SLR

:drool:

If you've already got a pile of decent Nikon lenses; go for it.

GRAMPS SS
04-18-2007, 07:41 PM
^^^^^^i have all MF cameras now

u_say_go
04-18-2007, 07:43 PM
WAYNEEEEEEEEEE, what the heck man, just a couple days ago you told me "sorry buddy, I'm old school, film for me". LOL

GRAMPS SS
04-18-2007, 07:51 PM
^^^^^^^^^i can get a sweeeeeeet deal on this camera.........and write it off too...kill 2 birds one stone....i'll still shoot all my wedding and grads in film till i get use to it....just feeling it out right now....never give up my blads...noway....

wikked
04-18-2007, 08:14 PM
As long as you can write it off...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=6222&A=details&Q=&sku=463797&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation :D

Flicktitty
04-18-2007, 10:53 PM
^^^^^^^^^i can get a sweeeeeeet deal on this camera.........and write it off too...kill 2 birds one stone....i'll still shoot all my wedding and grads in film till i get use to it....just feeling it out right now....never give up my blads...noway....

Wayne you could just give me the camera. cause you know i've been looking for a new one and you could stay old school film, and i'll even let you use it. so what do ya say? :banana

jbiscuit
04-19-2007, 07:33 AM
OMG I'd kill for a D2x.

GRAMPS SS
04-19-2007, 08:26 AM
As long as you can write it off...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=6222&A=details&Q=&sku=463797&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation :D

oh yea 32k for a blad MF digital....you going to be the bank for me...i can get a D2X body barely used, but used for 3200.00 and buy a lens for it....and i'm done....then if i wanted to stay MF Hasselblad...i could just buy the back for 10k....but haven't heard good or bad on them.....but the Nikon comes to me from the owner with good reviews....i just tought i'd ask you guys about it , seems you shoot more digital then i do...but to say buy a 32k camera and write it off....is just a tad over the wall.....but spending 5k and write it off...that works....thanks for your help.....

jbiscuit
04-19-2007, 08:42 AM
you won't be disappointed with the D2x Wayne. We had one in here last fall at work for a shoot one of our editors was going on. Its AMAZING.

jamest
04-19-2007, 09:14 AM
oh yea 32k for a blad MF digital....you going to be the bank for me...i can get a D2X body barely used, but used for 3200.00 and buy a lens for it....and i'm done....then if i wanted to stay MF Hasselblad...i could just buy the back for 10k....but haven't heard good or bad on them.....but the Nikon comes to me from the owner with good reviews....i just tought i'd ask you guys about it , seems you shoot more digital then i do...but to say buy a 32k camera and write it off....is just a tad over the wall.....but spending 5k and write it off...that works....thanks for your help.....

Wayne going digital? Did hell freeze over.:devil :thumbsup Anyways Wayne I have used the D2X and it is a nice camera. I prefer the Canon but that is me. The only gripe about Nikon is that they are sometimes prudish when it comes to their color files and third party software. Though they have gotten better within the past couple of years. Something to consider as well is a 3rd party RAW editing software such as Capture One or Adobe Lightroom. Lightroom is still in beta testing but Capture One has been out for a while. You can download a 30day trial of Capture One at phaseone.com

If you want to buy a digital back for your Hasselblad, I would suggest phase one. They have a variety of backs with variable resolution from 20MP to 39MP. Prices are reasonable for what it is. You could expect to spend 20k-30k. There are variable factors (model, new, used, mounts etc.) that determine the price but I have a name of a dealer in Colorado that is great to work with and is able to give you a more accurate price than I can.

GRAMPS SS
04-19-2007, 12:39 PM
^^^^^^^^if i get this toy...i'll get ahold of you for lenes.....not going to spend 20-30k to up grade my 503CW to digital........not in this life time....and the wife would kick my ass if i spent that kind of cash on a digital back....bad enough when i spend 900.00 for a new film back.thats crazy in its own right...

jamest
04-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Well I understand your reasoning and it really depends on how your buisness is doing to make a huge leap of going all digital with the 503CW. One thing to consider is looking at your film/processing expense vs. payment on a digital back. Also, just like a car there are leasing options as well.