PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN Trailer

u_say_go
04-16-2007, 02:45 PM
My dad went to pick up his trailer this morning for work, and it was gone! Taken sometime between saturday afternoon and monday morning 7am. It was stored in a "secure" outside storage area at a landscape company located on Watertown Road, just east of Springdale Road in Pewaukee. THOUSANDS of dollars worth of tools were/are inside the trailer. Any info on the whereabouts of the trailer or if you know someone who "bought" a trailer over the weekend and it doesnt seem right, let me know. You help find it, you'll be rewarded handsomely.

Flicktitty
04-16-2007, 02:47 PM
that sucks man, i highly doubt it will get out by me but i'll keep an eye on it.

anything set your trailler off from the rest of them that look like it?

u_say_go
04-16-2007, 02:53 PM
nope, nothing really. some bent up fenders from tire blowouts, thats about it

GRNDNL
04-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Color...Size....Any Lettering on it?......What kind of tools?.....

Scales
04-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Damn Jay, sorry to hear that. Does your Pops have insurance on all that stuff at least?

2SLOW
04-16-2007, 04:30 PM
That sucks, people that do things like this make me mad.

Lash
04-16-2007, 04:50 PM
I'll keep an eye out.

wikked
04-16-2007, 07:13 PM
I'd check Craigslist for someone offloading tools, seems like the easiest place to unload stolen junk.

u_say_go
04-16-2007, 07:47 PM
thanks Keith, I wasnt thinking clearly when I originally posted....12 foot Timber Wolf enlcosed trailer (same color as pictured, beige/gold), dinged up fenders, mangled might be a better word. No lettering or anything specific that would set it apart, so it's kinda hard to notice it from all the others we see everyday. I just wanted to put the word out in case anyone knew of someone who picked one up over the weekend or in the near future, or if you see an abandoned one somewhere.
tools- extension ladder, 6ft step ladder, 10ft step ladder, brake press (to bend aluminum), dewalt drills, skil saws (table and circular), dewalt sawzalls, rolls of aluminum coil, radial arm saw...I cant think of everything else right now.
Keep your eyes peeled guys, I appreciate your help very much.
Mike, he has insurance on everything so I'm sure it wont be an issue to get reimbursed. He would have been better off if they stole his truck and not the trailer with all his equipment....the '32 is gonna be on hold for a while now, that is pissin' him off more than anything I'm sure.

Arigmaster
04-16-2007, 08:35 PM
I am only speculating here but....

I think that I would start with checking out any key holders (employees) of the landscape company. Especially any of them who might own a vehicle capable of pulling the trailer.

Or, see who may have been working Saturday or Sunday with access to the yard and or company vehicles. It's kind of sad but some of these landscape companies don't exactly hire Boyscouts to do their labor work. I am sure who ever took it must have known what your dad does or what was in the trailer.

Just a thought....

Reverend Cooper
04-16-2007, 08:41 PM
that is just a bunch of bullshit.

Brandon W.
04-16-2007, 08:42 PM
people that steal piss me off...ill keep a look out.

88Nightmare
04-16-2007, 08:42 PM
someone needs a 9 iron taken to their knee caps.....

u_say_go
04-16-2007, 10:29 PM
~update~
just got off the phone with the old man, he's phucked! Mind you, he has homeowners, a Lexus, Ford truck, 1927 T-Bucket, 1932 Ford 3-window, jewelry, self employed liability, and the trailer all covered by the same insurance company but get this schit...they told him that trailer and whatever was in it, is NOT covered because the trailer wasnt attached to his truck nor was it stolen from his property!!!! what a bunch of BS!!!
grand total of loss- $9000

keep yer eyes peeled, but we're not too hopeful.

thanks ya'll

88Nightmare
04-16-2007, 10:31 PM
wasnt it stolen from his business?

u_say_go
04-16-2007, 10:39 PM
no. he parked the trailer at a landscape company. they have a fenced in yard where they rent space for trailers, boats, campers, etc..

88Nightmare
04-16-2007, 10:40 PM
well anyone who had access to that could have taken it. could have been someone else who rented out space there.

pOrk
04-16-2007, 11:43 PM
They don't have insurance at this storage place? I hate to sound like an ass, but its your pops fault if he knowingly parked his trailer there without them having some sort of theft insurance. Also, should have checked with the insurance company about it long ago.

Makes me sick to hear about this kinda stuff, its just disturbing.

Waver
04-17-2007, 07:56 AM
They don't have insurance at this storage place? I hate to sound like an ass, but its your pops fault if he knowingly parked his trailer there without them having some sort of theft insurance. Also, should have checked with the insurance company about it long ago.

Makes me sick to hear about this kinda stuff, its just disturbing.

last time I stored anything at a place like that, they made me sign a liability waiver...probably what happened here. Now I keep my junk in a semi trailor....It would be a little harder to steal that

Arigmaster
04-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Ohhh... I thought it might have been "IN" the landscape company yard. Public storage areas can be more difficult. Does this place access with a security card? Perhaps there may be a record of who accessed the place during that time / date. He should have invested in one of these... http://www.bikebone.com/page/BBSC/PROD/HTL/UMAX100

u_say_go
05-08-2007, 10:07 PM
IT'S BEEN FOUND!!!!!!!!!!! i got an email from someone who saw the post i made on craigslist, he wanted me to call him because he may have some information on the trailer....long story short, my dad took a drive down to the hood, found his trailer and he's sitting there right now (10pm) with the MPD and has his trailer hooked up to his truck! They're trying to gain access to the garage it was parked next to, the owner of the home either isnt home, or isnt answering the door. Detectives and Lt. are on their way!
HOW F'IN COOL IS THIS!!!!!!!

SmokinRAM114
05-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Awsome Glad It Was Found! Take There Knee Caps Out!

A B4C Z
05-08-2007, 10:35 PM
AWSOME!!! Good to hear. Sounds like the 32 will be able to get paint!:banana1:

u_say_go
05-08-2007, 10:55 PM
you know it Kyle! I talked to the guy who tipped us off, turns out he's a friend of my grandma's!

Nix
05-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Again Justice has been served...:headbang

Glad to hear, now tell the cops you want a few free sucker punches on the
D!ckbags that jacked your fathers shit.

Cutlass Queen
05-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Again Justice has been served...:headbang

Glad to hear, now tell the cops you want a few free sucker punches on the
D!ckbags that jacked your fathers shit.

I sense a bit of hostility here Nick..bwhahahahah....but yah I'm agreeing justice has been served :thumbsup Glad to hear the trailer has been found!

domokun
05-08-2007, 11:30 PM
that just goes to show you how many people actually read /post /browse on craigslist

thats awesome BTW

u_say_go
05-08-2007, 11:37 PM
i was actually leary about giving the guy my phone number when he asked for it in an email- I almost disregarded the email because I got so many stupid ones just asking dumb questions. But tonight he emailed and gave me his number so i called- dude was SUPER cool!
apparently he read the post on craigslist 3 weeks ago, then just yesterday he was working on a house in milwaukee and some buma$$ dude came up to him and asked if he wanted to buy a trailer and some tools. He said, yeah maybe, lets have a look. He said the trailer match my description and when he asked the buma$$ do you have the title, the guy responded "you dont need a title for single axle trailers". right then he knew what was up.

gotta love the power of the internet! We're going to meet this kickass dude on sunday.

michelle
05-08-2007, 11:51 PM
That is great news! I take it the tools are still in the trailer and nothing is missing? If so, that is even better.

Craiglist to the rescue!

stowsea
05-08-2007, 11:55 PM
i was actually leary about giving the guy my phone number when he asked for it in an email- I almost disregarded the email because I got so many stupid ones just asking dumb questions. But tonight he emailed and gave me his number so i called- dude was SUPER cool!
apparently he read the post on craigslist 3 weeks ago, then just yesterday he was working on a house in milwaukee and some buma$$ dude came up to him and asked if he wanted to buy a trailer and some tools. He said, yeah maybe, lets have a look. He said the trailer match my description and when he asked the buma$$ do you have the title, the guy responded "you dont need a title for single axle trailers". right then he knew what was up.

gotta love the power of the internet! We're going to meet this kickass dude on sunday.

awesome! did he say how much he was going to sell it for?

flyin_blue_egg
05-09-2007, 07:51 AM
damn, your dad is fvcking lucky...not many times does something like this happen and you actually get your shit back....

u_say_go
05-09-2007, 08:13 AM
he waited 3 hours last night for the Brookfield police and a MPD Lieutenant to show so they could get into the garage to search for the missing tools, they never showed up. My dad told the cop that was with him "I'm taking my trailer and going home, phuck this." The cop said he couldnt leave with it so the old man says "what are you going to do, arrest me for taking back my own schit?!"...and he left, with the trailer.
I highly doubt he'll see his tools again, but at least he got the trailer.

347GT
05-09-2007, 08:25 AM
could be one of your tools????

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/tls/325621679.html

Scales
05-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Jay, you had me on the phone.. Why didn't we just go down there? With Stach on the scene, what could you expect?? It shoulda been handled differently!!! Glad your Dad got his trailor back, but if MPD didn't drop the ball, again, I'm sure he would've got back a lot more!!

Nickerz
05-09-2007, 09:28 AM
dude just go back there with a big friend of yours and break into the garage. If you can't get it done clean, ride dirty.

Cryptic
05-09-2007, 12:33 PM
awesome!

SmokinRAM114
05-09-2007, 12:56 PM
He said the trailer match my description and when he asked the buma$$ do you have the title, the guy responded "you dont need a title for single axle trailers". right then he knew what was up.

funny u say that... i never had a title with my single axle 6x10' and i just sold it last friday, bought it from a family friend who said it never had a title lol

stowsea
05-09-2007, 12:59 PM
funny u say that... i never had a title with my single axle 6x10' and i just sold it last friday, bought it from a family friend who said it never had a title lol

oooooooooo your in trouble! haha

u_say_go
05-09-2007, 06:42 PM
dude just go back there with a big friend of yours and break into the garage. .
I AM the big friend. :rolf

Brian98GTP
05-09-2007, 08:09 PM
I say you post the address of this F-in retard.... :devil

Max 93
05-09-2007, 09:06 PM
I AM the big friend. :rolf

That's what I was thinking

u_say_go
05-09-2007, 09:31 PM
I say you post the address of this F-in retard.... :devil

I might...gotta wait to see if the illustrious MPD comes thru with a warrant to search for the tools first, maybe if that falls thru I'll post up that address...that's on 24th and Orchard. :)

Watch FOX6 news tomorrow, not sure what time it'll be on- 5,6,9,10pm??? They're interviewing my dad about the whole deal tomorrow morning.

Jason

Brian98GTP
05-09-2007, 09:43 PM
So, if they didnt get to search anything yet, who's to say he isnt moving the sh!t right now to some other dudes house before the police get the warrant?

awsomeears
05-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Thats total bullshit !!!!!!!!!!!!

To steal a persons Work Tools is like stealing there heart, yea that sounds gay but if my HVAC tools were all stolen by some Wangsta I would be depressed.

Tools and the human skill = $

That is awsome it was found :-)

Windsors 03 Cobra
05-10-2007, 05:06 PM
I just saw it on the fox 6 news, thats really great you got it back :)

scaleracer
05-10-2007, 05:14 PM
saw on fox 6 glad to hear you got it back:thumbsup