PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Tech Shootings

Teufelhunden
04-16-2007, 11:24 AM
At least 1 killed at Virginia Tech

One person was killed and as many as 17 were wounded in two shootings on the Virginia Tech university campus in Blacksburg on Monday, The Associated Press reported, quoting a hospital spokeswoman. "Police have one shooter in custody, and as part of routine police procedure they continue to search for a second shooter," the university said in a written statement.

WWW.CNN.COM

flyin_blue_egg
04-16-2007, 11:29 AM
jesus christ...now we got college students that can't handle getting picked on, and have to resort to violence to stop it!?

Teufelhunden
04-16-2007, 11:29 AM
They just stated in a news conference, that the shooter is dead and there are multiple fatalities.

Why and the fvck do people do this shit? Unbelievable.

Teufelhunden
04-16-2007, 11:30 AM
At Least 20 Dead!!

GRM-REPR
04-16-2007, 11:37 AM
We will never know because pieces of shit like that are cowardly and then kill themselves....

This makes Columbine look like a walk in the park

88Nightmare
04-16-2007, 11:39 AM
thats terrible. people have some real disorders I tell ya. If they can't handle a little razzin up from their peers in high school or college, how will they ever be able to handle the corporate world? just wait till they get married..... if they should live so long :rolleyes:

Teufelhunden
04-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Wikipedia has already been updated. That was fast...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech

Nix
04-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Fvcking losers... This society is turning into such a joke, I don't think I want to have kids just to spare them from the world and how it will be years from now. Its horrible now as it is.:rolleyes:

GRM-REPR
04-16-2007, 11:50 AM
One of many problems with this technologically advanced world is the new trend of impersonality. Everyone cares about themselves and no one else around them, people live in their own little worlds. People need to have the fastest, the biggest, the best of everything.

Then a puke fuker like this asshole goes and murders 20+, Why?! Because he was a meat smoker and people razzed him about it? Or what else, he had a small dong and his boyfriends didn't like it? Or how about, I hear voices....blah blah blah....Fuker.....

Karps TA
04-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Well atleast we got the real threat to society, Don Imus off the air last week. I would have thought the world's problems would now be fixed. Wierd....

GRM-REPR
04-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Well atleast we got the real threat to society, Don Imus off the air last week. I would have thought the world's problems would now be fixed. Wierd....

I find you comment interesting for the shear fact that on AM620 this morning, Charlie Sykes said the SAME thing....

Karps TA
04-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Purely coincidence, I was listening to old school NWA on the way to work. lol

88Nightmare
04-16-2007, 11:55 AM
wtf you guys talkin about? Don Imus ftw.

speaking of threats to society, no one talks about that announcer from I think WISN who clearly said "wetbacks" and is somehow still on the air today.....................

moels
04-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Mark Belling? Wasn't that the guy Mike?

2SLOW
04-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Too bad to here this, being at Purdue we had 2 suicides this year. there was one where a room mate walks in and had to "cut down" his friend because he hung himself. Sad stuff cruel world.

Karps TA
04-16-2007, 12:00 PM
If people are that hurt by being called a name, they should go over to Iraq and see how many people get killed by road side name callers, or by suicide name callers.

moels
04-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Is there still a Vick at that school? Just a thought.........lol

Seriously though, this is such a tragedy and I can't believe our society is so down the chitter that this stuff keeps happening. I just hope my kids grow up and get through school and life without running into this kind of thing. Looks bleak though.

88Nightmare
04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
yes, Mark Belling would be him. Do people only care about nappy headed hoes and not wetbacks? Is that why no one talks about Mark Belling anymoe? :rolf

Karps TA
04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Is there still a Vick at that school? Just a thought.........lol

I was soooo going to make that joke, but erased it due to bad taste. Thankfully someone else posted it. :rolf

Teufelhunden
04-16-2007, 12:09 PM
CNN reporting 22 dead.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/US/04/16/vtech.shooting/newt1.vatech.mon.13.ap.jpg

moels
04-16-2007, 12:10 PM
I think Belling's incident happened a while ago and he was suspended for awhile if I'm not mistaken. This Imus shit will be mostly forgotten in a few months as well.

Sorry if I seemed insensitive with the Vick joke. I thought it was funny, but also expressed a serious note about the tragedy.

Goat Roper
04-16-2007, 12:38 PM
ABC has 29 confirmed dead: http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3045574

Want_Notch
04-16-2007, 01:15 PM
32 dead now

jamest
04-16-2007, 01:38 PM
620 WTMJ has a link to the cell phone video.

http://video.ap.org/v/en-ap/fv/fv.htm??f=wtmj&g=7b47122a-98e2-4867-8cc6-2e7a1f4adc2f&p=&t=s60&rf=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/v/virginia_tech_shooting?site=wtmj&section=home&template=default&fg=tool

88Nightmare
04-16-2007, 01:49 PM
this is some sick stuff. Imagine what is going through the minds of those officers?

Knyghtmare
04-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I am betting that all this happend because of a girl or a relationship.

Karps TA
04-16-2007, 02:43 PM
I am betting that all this happend because of a girl or a relationship.

That's what is sounds like from early reports. Probably found his girl on www.collegef@ckfest.com being gangbanged and went psycho.

hrsp
04-16-2007, 02:55 PM
unbelievable...

Goat Roper
04-16-2007, 03:15 PM
From a Focus board I am on:

Well I'm glad ppl care about me... Thanks to you guys who've texted me. Unfortunately I got a new number and probably haven't talked to you yet.

So here's the deal...

I was at work in Torgersen Hall at 7:45am (30 mins after the first shooting). This building is only seperated from Norris by McBryde Hall, so I was fairly close I'd say. I heard all the cop cars, etc. The actual shootings, I *may* have heard when I stepped outside for a phone call, however there's so much construction on-campus, I wouldn't have thought twice about loud banging.

It apparently all started over this kid being pissed at his girlfriend for cheating on him. He killed her and either killed her hall RA OR the person she was cheating on him with. That's the general consensus down here, and I've been talking with people that lived in the girlfriend's hall.

He then somehow hid for almost 2 hours and walked almost completely across campus (probably a good 10-12 minute walk) to Norris Hall, where he moved from classroom to classroom, randomly opening fire.

I've heard from MANY local authorities that are friends with very close friends of mine that the actual death toll may reach 40. Overall, there were about 60 people involved in the shootings.

The school has cancelled classes today and tomorrow and honestly, I pray they cancel the week. After seeing the fear in my girlfriend's eyes (she was outside walking between Norris and where I was in Torg when people started screaming and running), I don't want to go back to campus for a bit...

Again, thanks for thinking of me guys/girls. I really appreciate it. Please keep those Hokies who have been taken from us and who are injured, along with their families in your thoughts and prayers.

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Thoughts and prayers to all the families involved, This person just ruined a whole lot of peoples lives.
Cant live in a state of fear, no reason to stop having children, good people raising good kids help thin out the nutso ratio.
Every generation thinks things are worse for them than the last generation.

88Nightmare
04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
god damn. I have no comment.

300pny
04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
At least 1 killed at Virginia Tech

One person was killed and as many as 17 were wounded in two shootings on the Virginia Tech university campus in Blacksburg on Monday, The Associated Press reported, quoting a hospital spokeswoman. "Police have one shooter in custody, and as part of routine police procedure they continue to search for a second shooter," the university said in a written statement.

WWW.CNN.COM

Just heard they think there is a 3rd shooter

Goat Roper
04-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Just heard they think there is a 3rd shooter

Read my above post.

Knyghtmare
04-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah see, thats what I was thinking, when I heard there was a shooting in the dorm and then another shooting, that says to me he was targetting someone specific (E.G. girl or guy friend of girl.)

I have been to Virginia Tech before. This is bullshit that someone would do that to other people. No woman is worth killing 30+ other kids, or yourself.

From what I am seeing and hearing from a SWAT expert on CNN, VTCPD and BPD botched this up pretty bad, by not getting into the building and going for the kid, instead of standing around outside and pulling people out while the kid walked from classroom to classroom shooting.

Teufelhunden
04-16-2007, 03:39 PM
No woman is worth killing 30+ other kids, or yourself.No shit, quoted for the truth.

Knyghtmare
04-16-2007, 05:18 PM
To be the parent of a child killed in something like this would be a horrible tragedy, but I think being the parent of the kid that did the killing would be worse.

MurphysLaw88GT
04-16-2007, 05:53 PM
this really sucks, sad to see.

Here comes the AWB ban with force.

Knyghtmare
04-16-2007, 07:30 PM
So this is what I got directly from a VT student who was there that is a cousin of a good friend of mine. All this info was gathered from her own experience today and friends that were on campus and in the rooms the guy tried to get in. She says that the guy is the same guy who killed the 2 people at the Dorms.

What happend is, is that this guy went looking for his girlfriend, who apparently cheated on him as stated in another post. When she wasnt there the guy killed her roommate and the RA.

So apparently the reason he was ever at Norris hall was because he was looking for his girlfriend and or the guy she cheated on him with. This is why he was going from room to room and peeking his head in the classrooms before he ever shot anybody. So what they think happend is that out of frustration he just started to shoot everyone because he couldnt find her, so I guess was going through a "process of elimination" to find this girlfriend and or ther guy she cheated on him with.

This is what the students say and they dont know why the police isnt giving any scecifics just yet. They think that whoever they have in custody has information they are trying to figure out, such as if anyone else is involved and the reason they are so vague is as to not spook any possible suspects.

This is what is going around directly from VT. Just thought I would share because the news is still so vague.

Teufelhunden
04-16-2007, 07:33 PM
So she, his girlfriend, wasn't killed?

Reverend Cooper
04-16-2007, 08:26 PM
wtf ever happened to hating the world and just killing your piece of shit self. i hope that mother****er is ass raped for eternity in hell by satan himself. the poor families of all of this crap unreal for sure

Breecher_7
04-16-2007, 08:30 PM
33 people with two 9mm.......and it was a asian as well. Marine corps should have recruited this guy. I think i can hear all the anti-handgun liberals right now........ Better start buying your guns in mass quantities people before its illegal to buy them!

Goat Roper
04-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Girlfriend dead along with adviser: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=448955&in_page_id=1811&ct=5

A U.K. paper seems to have more details than anybody

Brandon W.
04-16-2007, 08:58 PM
man i feel so sorry for the families. people now days are so self centered and have no sense of what they are doing...i feel sorry for the shooters family as well. can you imagine how there life is going to change due to the fact that there son was the guy who snapped and killed 30 people and himself. i would Feel so bad that My kid was emotionally disturbed and i didnt notice it knowing i could of done something to prevent all of this.....my prayers are with all the families. sad day today :(

Breecher_7
04-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Mabey my mind has just been twisted beyond belief by alot of the nasty crap ive been through and seen. But if your going to do the whole massacre thing.....go big or go home. An assault weapon and some plastic woulda been great!

My condolences do go out to all the families that have lost family and friends in the incident and it is a horrible thing, i am by no means agreeing with what was done. Just saying it was sloppy...........

Knyghtmare
04-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Thats an interesting article. I wonder if the goofy brits are exagerating or not. I dont know if he killed the girl he was looking for or not for sure. It would make sense tho. He went to the dorm, they argued, the RA came to break it up and he killed them. Then in the 2 hours he got all suited up and went back. Perhaps looking for the guy he thought she was seeing? I can also see the girl killed being the roommate too, the guy and the GF's roommate arguing about where the GF was, then the RA showing up blah blah.

I heard the cops had 2 weapons in there possesion as well. Either way, my 9mm holds 15 rounds plus one in the chamber. This kid would have had to reload several times to have killed 33 people and it would have taken longer with 2 pistols. I dont know about anyone else, but if Im gonna die Im gonna do it fighting. My big ass would have been trucking at him with the first sign of a window to do so. I wonder if anyone made an effort at all. Not that I would blame them if they didnt.

Fvck Dr. Phil too. Everyone believes every little bit of rhetorical dribble he babbles from his mouth. I hate him.

Goat Roper
04-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Someone said 80-100 shots fired, thats alot of clips.

nismodave
04-16-2007, 11:11 PM
OMG....SO sad.

Makes you take a step back and think how precious life is.

My prayers to all of the familys.

awsomeears
04-16-2007, 11:23 PM
So sad im not even sure what to say.

Teufelhunden
04-17-2007, 12:38 PM
This guy deserves a metal. He survives Nazi prison camps only to be gun down by an idiot. I believe eight students were able to jump to safety because of him. RIP sir, you did a good thing. <salute>

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/US/04/17/vtech.shooting.victims/librescu.vt.jpg

Liviu Librescu, 76, was a Holocaust survivor, who his son said, will be remembered as a hero. He "blocked the doorway with his body and asked the students to flee," Joe Librescu told AP. "Students started opening windows and jumping out." The elder Librescu, a professor at Virginia Tech, was recognized internationally for his research in aeronautical engineering, the head of the Engineering Science and Mechanics Department at Virginia Tech told AP. He was born and received his advanced degrees in Romania.

Teufelhunden
04-17-2007, 12:52 PM
The Shooter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cho_Seung-Hui

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ac/Ht_vatech_cho_070417_sp.jpg

2SLOW
04-18-2007, 07:09 PM
update!!!!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18169776/

Breecher_7
04-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Thats great!

stowsea
04-18-2007, 07:14 PM
This guy deserves a metal. He survives Nazi prison camps only to be gun down by an idiot. I believe eight students were able to jump to safety because of him. RIP sir, you did a good thing. <salute>

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/US/04/17/vtech.shooting.victims/librescu.vt.jpg

wow! im with you on this one