PDA

View Full Version : schneider drivers???? 100k???

hrsp
04-15-2007, 11:52 PM
my cousin called me today and was telling me that hima nd his brother are going to be going to schneider for training to be a truck driver...he said they will amke over 100K first year???i'm thinking WTF?? he said doubles get paid alot more and all this crap..then he says there going to be on the road for 14days then home for 3? does that sound right? i didnt know what to say...they are uber exited about the money... is it really possible for em to make that kind of money?????? either way 14 days away and 3 days home would really blow...

Al
04-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Long-distance; That sounds very accurate.

Some owner-operators are making more than that and spending more time home, and working on their own (no team).

88Nightmare
04-16-2007, 12:05 AM
for a company driver, 100k a year his extremely unrealistic, especially for just starting out. Owner operators might be able to, if they have decent equipment and find the right company to get into. And the home time you talk about sounds accurate, but Schneider is a shitty company to drive for. Most of their drivers suck, crappy training.

Cryptic
04-16-2007, 12:39 AM
My uncle was a owner-operator of a quad axle Mac dumptruck...

cost repairs, downtime from weather, downtime for repairs, fuel, insurance, (insurance during winter when your not even operating), interest on the loans....
yeah your not making a 100k

Trucking semi's and living in your truck 24/7.... your putting alot of time in so maybe then you can make that kind of money. Hope you enjoy eating fast food and random mom and pop stops. I can feel the road gut now

hrsp
04-16-2007, 01:15 AM
i dont plan on doing it... but they seem all for it...

Goat Roper
04-16-2007, 03:23 AM
My wife's ex started to drive truck last year (before he wrecked it, lmao)...amyway, on some child support papers (he was filing to get support reduced) the state showed he made $10,000 and change one month, one flipping month. He did not own his own rig.

His request we denied, his payment was based on an income of around $1500.

wikked
04-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Hey don't forget:

http://www.etrucker.com/newscontent/siteraw/1/1/229%5Cimages25390/center.jpg

Feature Pony
04-16-2007, 09:17 AM
yeah my buddy worked for them he was only going to make 32,000 a year then he filed for bankruptcy and put them in it and left without paying a dime (only worked for them for 4 months to get his cdl). Otherwise if you leave within 3 years you have to pay back all that training which should be much but they jack up the prices.

88Nightmare
04-16-2007, 09:23 AM
trucking is hard work, but a lot of america depends on it. if someone can live a life like that, I think its commendable, especially if they have a family they are trying to support. My neighbor was an owner operator for awhile, and most of the time he was gone 3 weeks a month, home for a week, then gone for another 3 weeks. He made good money, but look at how much we was gone. At that point, you have to start questioning if its worth it. He did, and still owns his truck, but hired a driver to run it, and now my neighbor is doing something else, trying out a different career, while still making money off of his semi. It isnt much, but its still a lil steady income coming in every month. He bought his semi cheap. It is a 92 International. Needed work, but he picked it up for 12g's. Had to fix little things like lights, door handles, replaced tires and brakes, and now its runnin like a charm for him.

pOrk
04-16-2007, 09:24 AM
They wont make 100k first year, Schnieder is a HORRIBLE company to work for. Guys that have been there 30 years don't make that kinda bread.

88Nightmare
04-16-2007, 09:27 AM
^ werd....