PDA

View Full Version : New BAD ASS GM truck on the block

BAD LS1
04-12-2007, 10:53 AM
The all new 07' Sierra Denali.... Yeah i fooking want one!!

http://www.pickuptruck.com/IMAGES/2007/gmc/sierra/roadtest/denali2.jpg

http://www.pickuptruck.com/IMAGES/2007/gmc/sierra/roadtest/denali4.jpg

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2007/gmc/sierra/roadtest/page1.html

Prince Valiant
04-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Yeah i fooking want one!! But that's not saying a whole lot, Tom...Bob Lutz could take a crap in the middle of a showroom, stick a chevy badge on it, and you'd still splooge at the smell of it.

BAD LS1
04-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Hmm lets see... being the GM guy i am... Im attracted to its looks, its performance and capabilities. I was expressing MY opinion, not to be taken as gospel and everyone should run out and get one. Yeah lutz did slap a bowtie on one of his dueces, the aveo... I didnt make a post about those heh? so your theory is slightly wrong.

I still wont kiss hemi ass... sorry.

GRNDNL
04-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Gas powered Full-Sized trucks are Lame.............:rolleyes:

Nix
04-12-2007, 12:28 PM

Why?:confused

BAD LS1
04-12-2007, 12:30 PM
If i were to buy a 3/4 or 1 ton it would be nothing less than an oil burner. But this is still a half ton, and stock for stock would waste even a new LBZ duramax.

Flight_740
04-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Why?:confused

Cuz Turbo diesels are cooler.:thumbsup

Prince Valiant
04-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Hmm lets see... being the GM guy i am... Im attracted to its looks, its performance and capabilities. I was expressing MY opinion, not to be taken as gospel and everyone should run out and get one. Yeah lutz did slap a bowtie on one of his dueces, the aveo... I didnt make a post about those heh? so your theory is slightly wrong.Oh yeah...Tom can NEVER laugh at himself. He's too insecure about his fanboi-ism :rolf

BAD LS1
04-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Oh fukkin seriously... here we go again...

hrsp
04-12-2007, 01:46 PM
i like the looks of it very much...

GRNDNL
04-12-2007, 01:55 PM

Ok, I take that back, 1/2 ton Gas Powered Trucks are for girls and girly men......:banana1:

If you ever get the balls to step up and buy a real truck you'll understand....... :shades

Breecher_7
04-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Its a nice truck, but i could be wrong but thats pretty much the same powertrain thats in my chevy.......

Nix
04-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Ok, I take that back, 1/2 ton Gas Powered Trucks are for girls and girly men......:banana1:

If you ever get the balls to step up and buy a real truck you'll understand....... :shades

Thing being is I would never have a use for an all out truck with a diesel in it. Those trucks are pretty much made specifically for being a work truck so it lasts a long ass time and takes plenty of abuse along with a much larger price tag.

But for the everyday Joe nobody (myself) I would love to get another Gas based truck.

Flight_740
04-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Thing being is I would never have a use for an all out truck with a diesel in it. Those trucks are pretty much made specifically for being a work truck so it lasts a long ass time and takes plenty of abuse along with a much larger price tag.

But for the everyday Joe nobody (myself) I would love to get another Gas based truck.

Also with the capabilitys of running 12's with few modifications.:headbang

DD, race truck, work horse. All in one. I think they are cool.

Resale on a diesel is great too. Hell even with 200k on them they still pull good money.

Nix
04-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Again for an everyday Joe nobody (myself) if I get a truck its not going to be a diesel cause I dont need the strength nor do I need the option of making it into a race car.

Im just saying this becuse it was said that gas trucks are lame. Some people don't have a use for a diesel thats all Im saying.

I also know the resale is good on a diesel cause they last forever. You could throw everyhting at them including the kitchen sink and it would come back for more.

Flight_740
04-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Nick, not trying to convince you that you need one:thumbsup :rolf

Just telling you why they are sweet. Could you imagine getting your doors blown off by a 3/4 ton pickup?:stare

I think a Duramax would be a sweet DD. Not sure how the fuel mileage is but I hear they actually do better after they are tuned.:confused

Again for an everyday Joe nobody (myself) if I get a truck its not going to be a diesel cause I dont need the strength nor do I need the option of making it into a race car.

Im just saying this becuse it was said that gas trucks are lame. Some people don't have a use for a diesel thats all Im saying.

I also know the resale is good on a diesel cause they last forever. You could throw everyhting at them including the kitchen sink and it would come back for more.

Nix
04-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Nick, not trying to convince you that you need one:thumbsup :rolf

Just telling you why they are sweet. Could you imagine getting your doors blown off by a 3/4 ton pickup?:stare

I actually had it happen back in the day to me in my old 94 Z28:crying

BAD LS1
04-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Its a nice truck, but i could be wrong but thats pretty much the same powertrain thats in my chevy.......

Little healthier than that.

403HP 6.2L
6L80E 6 speed trans

The duramax's are sweet! but as soon as you get them to that 12 sec range is about when they start driving through allison trans pretty readily.

Flight_740
I actually had it happen back in the day to me in my old 94 Z28:crying

20 years ago, nobody would have believed you.

Flight_740

403HP 6.2L
6L80E 6 speed trans

The duramax's are sweet! but as soon as you get them to that 12 sec range is about when they start driving through allison trans pretty readily.

Then i would be happy with 13's:goof

Breecher_7
04-12-2007, 03:17 PM
I love diesel trucks but at the price of Diesel right now (not saying gas is cheap) and the additional cost of the truck upfront, I could not justify buying one. I know in alot of cases they are better on fuel but I did the math on this once and it would take somthing like 10 years for the fuel economy to outweigh the initial price increase based on my driving. To me its not worth it considering I have a habit of not keeping vehicles more then 2-3 years.

Breecher_7
04-12-2007, 03:18 PM

403HP 6.2L
6L80E 6 speed trans

oooooo......nice! If i end up smoking the engine im gonna see if they can do some upgrade!!!!

Nix
04-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Ive seen some shows that had diesels on them and they put Juiced produts and Bullydog shit on them, got them tuned in and burned the shit outta of em.

Ive seen some of the stuff they can do and its nothing short of impressive.

Crawlin
04-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I know what Keith is talking about, and it'd be my first choice as well :)

Not a "truck" persay, but definitely a diesel hauler :)