PDA

View Full Version : looking to book a trip

theavenger333
04-11-2007, 01:58 AM
myself and some friends want to do a cruise to the Bahamas next spring for break, looking to book it soon, keeping the price down. i was looking around on Carnival, its pretty easy to book, but has anyone had experiences with them, or other cruise lines? who uses a travel agent? is it cheaper to book the flight in with it? cheaper outside? use a service like hotwire or something? i've never done this before, i can amply do it myself, but would love some advice or pointers, etc.

Flicktitty
04-11-2007, 02:10 AM
find one that doesn't sink? ;) sorry not much help. My parents used to go on Carnival they have gone 5 or 6 years and they love it.

Scales
04-11-2007, 02:29 AM
I've never been on a cruise yet, but I always use Expedia to book all of my trips. The thing is, the prices change throughout the day/night so you have to check at different times. When I went to Poland last year, I booked my tickets at 6 am which saved me $100/ticket over booking them in the afternoon. Also, if you don't see a flight you like, don't worry. Those all change depending on the time you look too...

redpony06
04-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Havent gone on a cruise yet hopefully some day......

But I would look online at travel agents in your area or try expedia or orbitz is really cheap or go directly to the cruise line web sites. I was planning on going on a trip to the caymen island a few years back and the travel agent I went through said that even though my trip was 8 months away that if any deals came up ( deals on airfaire, hotels, attractions, ect.....) that would save me money she would let me know and get me the deal. I went through a local agent ( in Hartford).

But otherwise good like and shop around for the best deal!!!:banana :D

Mr. Brett
04-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Hey Steve, I just booked our honeymoon on Carnival. PM me and I'll be able to answer any questions you might have.

300pny
04-11-2007, 11:19 AM
I have been on many cruises and never cared for carnival. If you want a great all inclusive deal check this out...I have gone with this group in the past and it rocks. The trael agent is also on the crusie so if you have issue she is right there...

http://www.620wtmj.com/_content/sports/billmichaels/cruise2006.asp