PDA

View Full Version : "Chop" in town Wednesday...

DirtyMax
04-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Josh Towbin, better known as "Chop" on A&E's "King of Cars," will sign autographs at State Fair Park from noon to 3 p.m. Wednesday at a used car sale sponsored by the Russ Darrow Automotive Group. "King of Cars" airs at 10 p.m. Tuesdays.

...maybe if he brought the rest of his circus... :goof

pickardracing
04-09-2007, 10:07 PM
What, no blue genie? Shit....

moels
04-09-2007, 10:20 PM
That show is pretty entertaining. I like when they try to hook the Blue Genie up.

Korndogg
04-09-2007, 10:29 PM
I hate that show and his dealership needs to diaf.

jbiscuit
04-10-2007, 08:35 AM
no Blue Genie = Not worth going to see Chop Chop

300pny
04-10-2007, 10:47 AM
no Blue Genie = Not worth going to see Chop Chop

I agree Why the heck would anyone want to see him?

stowsea
04-10-2007, 12:51 PM
how the **** is he a celebrity?

Flight_740
04-10-2007, 01:18 PM
What a circus!!

I love watching them slam people into test drives, spend hours with the customers, only to find out at the end that the customer wants a $300 a month payment and the car they want is $750!!! Do they qualify these people at all before they start the BS??

Crawlin
04-10-2007, 01:48 PM
hehehe, but we do that every day!!!!

stupid ******* newbie salespeople, hahaha.

i still can't believe how many people cannot add in their head (50,000 tahoe divided by even 84 months, at 0% interest which won't happen anyways, is still $595)

jbiscuit
04-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Chop and his crew move a lot of cars no doubt about it.....what you don't see is how they are getting the deal done. My dad met him at a conference in Vegas last spring and he said he can sell a car to anyone....anyone and everyone. No credit, terrible credit, no job etc etc.....he'll sell them a car. Chop admitted that people don't read the fine print anymore...they just want a car. He is selling a 7 year old Durango to dude's with terrible credit for like 19% interest....the payment is cheap cuz its spread out over 84 months. He's making a fortune selling cars cuz he can get people to buy with those sh1tty terms.

300pny
04-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Chop and his crew move a lot of cars no doubt about it.....what you don't see is how they are getting the deal done. My dad met him at a conference in Vegas last spring and he said he can sell a car to anyone....anyone and everyone. No credit, terrible credit, no job etc etc.....he'll sell them a car. Chop admitted that people don't read the fine print anymore...they just want a car. He is selling a 7 year old Durango to dude's with terrible credit for like 19% interest....the payment is cheap cuz its spread out over 84 months. He's making a fortune selling cars cuz he can get people to buy with those sh1tty terms.

Lots of good salesmen out there and even more stupid people buying cars

Crawlin
04-10-2007, 02:32 PM
ANY good subprime finance manager (;) ) can get those deals done. we do it too. i've put people out at 25+% interest because that's whta it took to get the deal done from the banks. and especially if he has it set up with in house financing like JD byrider/Amato it's even easier.

just sucks if you are looking for repeat customer, there's no way cause they'll be flipped in that car for god knows how long. i can't tell you how many people with CNAC(JD-Byrider) loans come through with still owing 7000 on an '99 Malibu with 107k miles on it($1000 car MAAXXX)

300pny
04-10-2007, 02:33 PM
ANY good subprime finance manager (;) ) can get those deals done. we do it too. i've put people out at 25+% interest because that's whta it took to get the deal done from the banks. and especially if he has it set up with in house financing like JD byrider/Amato it's even easier

Take advantage of the dis-advantaged...Its the American way

Crawlin
04-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Take advantage of the dis-advantaged...Its the American way

Damn straight. Now remember though, at this point in a deal, there is NO mark-up available to us. We can't just hold 2 pts of rate on the customer cause we feel like it. Banks will NOT allow that on shitty credit.

Then again, i'll take advantage of the advantaged too

it's the price they pay for not paying W.E. or the student loans, or having a collection through JC Penny for $100 or bouncing a check at Pick N Save for $400, it ALL shows up.

In my opinion, they should take the bus and deal with it

Feature Pony
04-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I got screwed by Brager at the stadium sale when I bought my 93 mustang 5.0 back in 2000. It only had 25000 orginal miles. I told the lady I wanted a 2 year loan, she couldn't give rates and she said that she will fill in the rest after I signed it (BAD MISTAKE). I get a thing in the mail form ford with my statments that I just got a 5 year loan at 19% intrest!! I have a very nice credit score, I called ford nothing that they can do. I let Todd R have it (bragers main guy) he pretty much had to call the cops on me I was so pi$$ed. Needless to say I had the car paid off in 8 months and now I always check the fine print and I never buy from Brager!!

Flight_740
04-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Do they bus you to the dealer to sign paperwork?

Slow Joe
04-10-2007, 07:35 PM
19% interest? That's not much... When I sold my old roommate a car we put him down the road at like 23% :rolf :rolf

Word of advice to save money on interest... Don't be a credit criminal... And check your own bank.

Feature Pony
04-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Do they bus you to the dealer to sign paperwork?

No they did it all at the stadium, and they told me there computers were down, I was looking to get out of my 2000 grand am GT I had at the time and my 93 was a vert and you could of ate off the car (you still could if you wanted to) I learned the hard way, but I still have the car and now it only has 30,000 miles on it.

19% intrest is a lot in my book, till that time I never had anything past 6.9% and the grand am I traded in had 2.9% finacing with a 3 year loan. I felt sorry for the ford credit people that I blew up on, I didn't feel sorry for Todd and his sales manager that I layed into. The funny thing at the time my buddy worked at brager as a Tech and the sales manager with the 45 deg sideburns said that he would kick a$$ if I ever went back!!!

Slow Joe
04-11-2007, 11:05 AM
If they did it at the stadium, there was a 3 day recession period for an off premise sale. You could of gotten out of it, but since you liked it and had it paid off quick anyways, why do that?

Flight_740
04-11-2007, 11:06 AM
No they did it all at the stadium, and they told me there computers were down, I was looking to get out of my 2000 grand am GT I had at the time and my 93 was a vert and you could of ate off the car (you still could if you wanted to) I learned the hard way, but I still have the car and now it only has 30,000 miles on it.

Off premisis sale!!! You legally had 3 days to return the car for any reason you wanted. I think thats the law anyway. I always thought they hooked you there and bused you back to the dealer t do the paperwork.

Slow Joe
04-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Off premisis sale!!! You legally had 3 days to return the car for any reason you wanted. I think thats the law anyway. I always thought they hooked you there and bused you back to the dealer t do the paperwork.

They use to, now they just take their chances... Most people don't know/understand the law.