PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to see the Indians/Angels play?

Karps TA
04-09-2007, 01:25 PM
The Cleveland Indians, beset by cold and and snowy weather in Cleveland, will play a three-game series at Miller Park against the Los Angeles Angels beginning Tuesday, an Indians official said Monday.

The nasty weather wiped out the Seattle Mariners and the Cleveland Indians for the fourth straight day, causing the teams to postpone Monday's scheduled doubleheader.

To say the least, a three-game series in Milwaukee in April, and involving the Indians and the Angels, is a little unusual.

"I got a call from Cleveland this morning asking if it would be possible to play there," said Mike Duckett, the executive director of the Miller Park stadium district. "I said yes."

Officials at the Milwaukee Brewers did not immediately return a phone call.

Cleveland still has not played an official home opener.

No details were immediately available on how tickets to the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday series will be sold.

"We'll have another opening day," Duckett said. "We'll have the heat on and the roof closed."

Baseball fans will remember that Milwaukee stood in for Cleveland for the movie, "Major League."

DirtyMax
04-09-2007, 02:15 PM
They should sell tickets at a discount but offer free parking, or ?? some kind of promotion. Otherwise, it might be hard to draw much of a crowd.

Brandon W.
04-09-2007, 02:17 PM
i wouldn't want to go to a baseball game in this....unless they were cheap tickets

Karps TA
04-09-2007, 02:20 PM
It is indoors.

If the tickets are $10 and under i bet they get a pretty good crowd. I'm even considering going and I don't even go to Brewers games. Be cool to be part of a "sports trivia" question.

Flicktitty
04-09-2007, 11:11 PM
might be a good time

hrsp
04-09-2007, 11:41 PM
if the price is right id go.....

hrsp
04-10-2007, 01:48 AM
just heard on espn that the games tickets will be 10 bucks and parking will be eight.....

Flicktitty
04-10-2007, 01:49 AM
hmmmmm

what times the games?

Feature Pony
04-10-2007, 09:19 AM
they already have 10,000 tickets sold per game thats more than the Marlins had last night when they played the brewers.

Karps TA
04-10-2007, 11:53 AM
What a coincidence. The Special Edition rerelease of Major League on DVD comes out today.

That's odd.

wikked
04-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Ticket prices were announced yesterday at 2pm already.
All diamond box seats to all 3 games were sold out within hours.

I'm going tomorrow, got Field Infield Box seats, next best thing :D

You can't lose for $10, plus they both have decent players. Sizemore/Hafner/Anderson/Guerrero/Matthews Jr./K-Rod

Brandon W.
04-10-2007, 01:14 PM
i might be going on thursday? anybody want to join me?

Flicktitty
04-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Me and Travis (Crusin240) Went tonight to the game. It was a good game and there was ALOT of people i thought. only bad thing was. i was in line for 35+ min just to get 2 sodas and a damn hot dog :( But for $10 and $8 to park it was a very good time.