PDA

View Full Version : Posche deal gone bad- well for the dealer

07ROUSHSTG3
04-07-2007, 10:48 AM
sorry if this is a repost, didn't see it anywhere

http://www.stuffed.co.nz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=265&Itemid=29

here is the copied text for the lazy:
Glen Fergusson - Sales and Marketing manager for a brand new Californian Porsche dealer. Has lost his job and faces possible legal proceedings as the company strives to reclaim the costs of the 18 Porches given away free under Glen's Opening day "buy one get one free promotion" "I admit I didn't really do the numbers properly on this one" said Glen who told reporters that he had "seen the concept work really well for coffee stores" and in terms of numbers you could argue that Glen's campaign worked. As the new Porsche dealer sold 18 Porches in the first hour of the store opening.

It took the head office a full hour to realise what was going on and subsequently shut the store.

Local man Bruce Stepper took out a second mortgage on his home after getting a promotional flyer in his mailbox. "I am ecstatic - I brought a shiny red Porsche today, got another one free and I have sold just sold it on EBay, all up I end up getting a Porsche 911 for $5000"

Jane Cameron was arguably even more entrepreneurial. The local Janitor purchased a Porsche using the dealers "no deposit finance plan for low income earners", sold both cars, paid off the finance account and walked away with $120,000 profit. The finance plan was another one of Glen's initiatives that has now been cancelled.

A red faced Glen stated "I have never really been too good at Math and I was sure the whole time we were making money - I was initially blown away by the amount of cars we were selling in that first hour. I had seen the "buy one get one free card" work extremely well for the new coffee shop down the road and thought what a great idea I will try it here."

National spokesman for the dealership chain was quoted as saying "We are just glad that the idiot didn’t have time to run with his 'test drive 5 cars, get one free loyalty stamp card' campaign.

nismodave
04-07-2007, 10:50 AM
That has to be a joke!!!!!

07ROUSHSTG3
04-07-2007, 10:51 AM
i heard it on the radio this morning so i googled it. it was on 620 i believe???

Flight_740
04-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Bad at math? How bad at math do you have to be to not know what "buy one get one free" means?

Slow Joe
04-07-2007, 11:22 AM
I've seen "Buy a Porsche get a 'Free' Mini" Where it was a 24 month mini lease...

Waver
04-07-2007, 11:26 AM
I've seen "Buy a Porsche get a 'Free' Mini" Where it was a 24 month mini lease...
well that one wasnt that bad.....I think international could afford losing cars that cost 20k a crack (less for a lease) than 100k

FANAT1C
04-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Wish I could have been one of the lucky customers!!

Slow Joe
04-07-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm sure that IA didn't loose a penny on it... Actually I'd bet the farm on it. I think they made money.

Waver
04-07-2007, 11:34 AM
probably wish I had the money for a small porsche

Slow Joe
04-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Hrmmm I'd buy on older one before a newer one... '97 and Older... Back when they were built better...

BadAzzGTA89
04-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Heard that on Bob and Brian like a week ago!
Wish i could have got a deal like that i would have sold both:)

HITMAN
04-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Question: How does a guy that has an obviously serious mental deficiency rise to a position of prominence such as Sales and Marketing Manager? Usually individuals like that tend to be pretty sharp salesmen, yet this guy seems as dumb as a stump. I'm going to have to lay some of the blame for this train-wreck on the moron that hired him.

Brandon W.
04-09-2007, 03:12 PM
wow....what a moron..it worked for the coffee shop..coffee is a bit different then a porsche

hrsp
04-09-2007, 04:21 PM
hahaha i heard about that awhile ago..still cant believe it

jamest
04-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Question: How does a guy that has an obviously serious mental deficiency rise to a position of prominence such as Sales and Marketing Manager? Usually individuals like that tend to be pretty sharp salesmen, yet this guy seems as dumb as a stump. I'm going to have to lay some of the blame for this train-wreck on the moron that hired him.

Probably is the boss' son who got promoted because daddy said so.:durr

Karps TA
04-09-2007, 04:37 PM

You're surprised a man this dumb could be in that position?? I'm shocked he's not a CEO of a large corporation. Morons like that fail upwards all the time. There's probably board members of a company right now lining up to hire him for his "out of the box" thinking.