PDA

View Full Version : silverado ss brakes

rally_scort
04-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Im doin front pads and rotors on a buddies SS, but im not too familiar with the trucks.First off are they hubbed rotors, or just slide off style.Second what do i need for the caliper bolts.Ive read both 12mm socket or T55 torx bit.Ive done brakes on a few chevys and its been allen head bolts holding em in.I just want to make sure i have everything i need to do the work before i tear em apart.Thanks

Gary Anderson
04-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Rotors are slide off. From the drawings in my shop manual it appears to have both Torx and hex cap screws holding the calipers on. This is for the new style '99. I assume the two to be the same. Good luck.

A B4C Z
04-07-2007, 11:55 AM
t55 for the caliper. 18mm for the caliper bracket if the rotors are comming off. In the rear its a 13 14 or15mm for the caliper and 18 for the caliper bracket. Get a big breaker bar for the 18mm.There a ***** they have like a bottle of locktite on them. If your doing rears make sure to check the e brake shoes also that there not worn out when you get the rotor off.

rally_scort
04-07-2007, 04:46 PM
thanks for the help guys, so i need a T55 torx and an 18mm impact socket and breaker bar to do the front correct? Oh yeah and a c-clamp.I just wanted to know exact tools needed so im not stuck with the wheels off.