PDA

View Full Version : Lash, was this you? :D

Teufelhunden
04-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Go to the art museum much? ;)

Man damages Old Master painting at Milwaukee Art Museum

He has history of mental illness, director says

A man put his foot through a $300,000 painting Wednesday afternoon at the Milwaukee Art Museum and told museum workers later that the image disturbed him.

The 22-year-old Pewaukee man started kicking "The Triumph of David" by Ottavio Vannini as it hung on the wall in the museum's Early European Gallery, said David Gordon, CEO and director of the Milwaukee Art Museum.

Painted in 1640, the oil painting depicts the outcome of the biblical tale of David and Goliath, with David carrying the giant Goliath's severed head, Gordon said.

"He was kicking it, aiming his blows at the head of Goliath, and then he pulled it off the wall and started kicking it," Gordon said.

"It happened very quickly. We have guards constantly on patrol in the museum, and he obviously waited until the guard had passed through that gallery," Gordon said.

A museum employee and security guard tried to stop the man from kicking the painting, and eventually he quit striking it, took off his shirt and lay prone on the gallery's floor, Gordon said.

The man told police that the image of Goliath's severed head disturbed him. Gordon said the man had a history of mental illness.

"He was being very calm and very polite (after the attack). . . . By then we had a room full of guards and staff members, and he just lay there until police arrived," Gordon said.

The man was arrested and was being held at the Milwaukee County Jail, police said. He could be charged with felony damage to property.

Police would not identify the man pending the filing of criminal charges.

A charge of felony damage to property carries a maximum sentence of 3 ½ years in prison.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=587117

Yooformula
04-05-2007, 02:58 PM
sounds like a prank to me.

Karps TA
04-05-2007, 03:09 PM
One expensive prank.

Lash
04-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Can you believe the Milwaukee Jail now has internet acess? What a crock of shit. they can't prove that I did anything. They got nothin on me!!!

But on a side note...
I'll be 28 in may. :D
I cant believe you actually think I look 22. Most people say 20 or so...lol.

Korndogg
04-05-2007, 05:11 PM
28 times in amy??? wow. nice

Anakonda69
04-05-2007, 05:37 PM
nice....taking agression out on a picture....hope it helped...gonna cost him alot....