PDA

View Full Version : Why do we live here again...?

Car Guy
04-04-2007, 09:45 AM
As of late the fiancée and myself have been thinking of moving to the Phoenix area. I've lived on the south side of Milwaukee all of my life and a good portion of my family lives here also, but this weather is just killing me. :alcoholic I like everything about this region except for the winters, they last wayyyyy too fricken long. As a 'reference' I have been watching the 10-day outlook for the area we're looking at, and for today (well, the rest of the week for that matter) I wish I was there right now >>> http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/tenday/USAZ0136?from=36hr_topnav_vacation :rock::onfire

And I know some of you will say "well it gets really hot is the summer there", I know it does but to me I would rather deal with 110* opposed to 10* and 6" of snow...!

~~~Alright, depressing rant over....now I have to go spend some time outside in this lovely weather~~~

:shades :shades :shades

Goat Roper
04-04-2007, 10:09 AM
The weather may be great down there but I only like the south for visiting, not living. I am ready to head back after a couple weeks.

Mssplayboybunie
04-04-2007, 10:13 AM
gosh, I sometimes wonder what it feels like to hit 90 degrees, its been way to long!...I see flurries outside my window right now:mad:

johnny--2k
04-04-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm with you Car Guy....I can take the heat, especially if it's dry heat. It's the cold and the humidity that really kills me and my allergies. The dry weather (like Colorado too) is great for my allergies.....so much easier to breath!!!

Goat Roper
04-04-2007, 01:48 PM
It was 98 in Fontana when I was there a few weeks ago, damn nice. The one plus about areas like that is you can always go up into the mountains if you want some winter.

Karps TA
04-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Everytime I go out to Vegas I wonder why the hell I still live here. I a couple years when both my folks are retired they plan on moving out there, so I could see myself going out that way as well since they are really my only family.

Lower taxes, better weather, stuff to actual do year round, gambling, legal prostitution... sounds like my kinda place.

Flight_740
04-04-2007, 01:57 PM
I can deal with the cold. The heat turns me into a grumpy prick.

ShaneD_06GTO
04-04-2007, 02:32 PM
I'd love to drag race year round. It'd mean more things breaking, but it'd mean aftermarket parts too.

Car Guy
04-04-2007, 02:36 PM
I can deal with the cold. The heat turns me into a grumpy prick.

I am completely opposite.....

:headbang :headbang :headbang

hrsp
04-04-2007, 03:30 PM
if it werent for family and friends...i would live somewhere where its warm yearround...but snow can be fun sometimes....the bitter cold and neg windchill are pointless to me..lol

Car Guy
04-04-2007, 03:55 PM
if it werent for family and friends...i would live somewhere where its warm yearround...but snow can be fun sometimes....the bitter cold and neg windchill are pointless to me..lol

Yeah, for me the only 'hang up' (and the reason I'm still here in the first place) is family/friends. That's going to be the hardest thing if we go.....

How can you have snow without bitter cold/negative windchill...?

Breecher_7
04-04-2007, 03:56 PM
I lived in southern california for 6 years, loved it, had a great time, but I moved back here because you cant get ahead out there. With all the partying and nonsense, its hard to save money. Not to mention you cant buy a 30 year old cardboard box for under 300K

hrsp
04-04-2007, 04:54 PM
32 and no wind with snow is cool with me....
-10 with -40 windchill=weak

Teufelhunden
04-04-2007, 05:22 PM
I'd love to drag race year round. It'd mean more things breaking, but it'd mean aftermarket parts too. Not when it's 100° plus.

Yooformula
04-04-2007, 05:38 PM
This is a sore topic for me. I happen to LOVE the hot weather. I grew up in the north east and was skiing most of my young & adult life but the warm weather is most comfortable to me. I know we have nice springs and falls(the few days that it lasts) but not having a nice hot summer sucks, then you factor in high taxes, really high crime rate, crappy cost of living and ghetto influences EVERYWHERE! Btw, you babies, your body adjusts to the heat the same way it does with the cold so you dont notice it after awhile. Getting to see the sun damm near EVERYDAY is really nice and uplifting to your mood.

Car Guy
04-04-2007, 05:53 PM
This is a sore topic for me. I happen to LOVE the hot weather. I grew up in the north east and was skiing most of my young & adult life but the warm weather is most comfortable to me. I know we have nice springs and falls(the few days that it lasts) but not having a nice hot summer sucks, then you factor in high taxes, really high crime rate, crappy cost of living and ghetto influences EVERYWHERE! Btw, you babies, your body adjusts to the heat the same way it does with the cold so you dont notice it after awhile. Getting to see the sun damm near EVERYDAY is really nice and uplifting to your mood.

I forgot to mention the whole 'seeing the sun thing' everyday opposed to our 22 times a year. Now I'm not one that believes in all of these 'medical conditions' that people are getting diagnosed with, but I'm sure as sh*t I have the seasonal disorder thing. I wish I was a grizzly bear so I could sleep all winter long......

Yooformula
04-04-2007, 05:55 PM
I forgot to mention the whole 'seeing the sun thing' everyday opposed to our 22 times a year. Now I'm not one that believes in all of these 'medical conditions' that people are getting diagnosed with, but I'm sure as sh*t I have the seasonal disorder thing. I wish I was a grizzly bear so I could sleep all winter long......

AMEN!! I couldnt agree with ya more!!

05caddyext
04-04-2007, 06:57 PM
I went to my friends house in Phoenix last year in July... Wow was it hot. Not many people know that they have a "monsoon" season, I was there during that. When I got there it was 123 degrees and it was super humid. You couldn't do anything outside at all it was way to hot. The best part of that area is that you can drive a few hours in any direction and see very diverse environments. And the entire area is ringed with mountains, something you just can't get here in Wisconsin.

On the local weather channel they had a "sunburn" index instead of things like we see here, wind chill, that sorta thing. On the day I was leaving it was 119 and it was raining. The weather said you could be outside for 9 minutes before you got burned. In the dark, like 1am, it was still well over 100.

Reverend Cooper
04-04-2007, 07:08 PM
As of late the fiancée and myself have been thinking of moving to the Phoenix area. I've lived on the south side of Milwaukee all of my life and a good portion of my family lives here also, but this weather is just killing me. :alcoholic I like everything about this region except for the winters, they last wayyyyy too fricken long. As a 'reference' I have been watching the 10-day outlook for the area we're looking at, and for today (well, the rest of the week for that matter) I wish I was there right now >>> http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/tenday/USAZ0136?from=36hr_topnav_vacation :rock::onfire

And I know some of you will say "well it gets really hot is the summer there", I know it does but to me I would rather deal with 110* opposed to 10* and 6" of snow...!

~~~Alright, depressing rant over....now I have to go spend some time outside in this lovely weather~~~

cuz this place f'n rocks ass'

Al
04-04-2007, 07:17 PM
I like anything above 50, except 50 in july. What I have noticed is that the dry air is worse than the cold. We had a few sub-freezing days when it was humid out, and it felt good. Last January, I managed to crack the skin on my hands a few times because they got so dry.

I want to go south for the warm winters, but lately I have been thinking that going about 300 or 400 miles south would be just as good. Around this time of year, the wether stays more temprate around there and they get gulf moisture too. I am also not that much of a flatlander.

SSDude
04-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Hot or hot and humid is a miserable way to live. Always going from one air conditioned place to another, Or when it's so hot you can't bear to do anything outside.
A couple of guys i work with came to Milwaukee when they closed our plant in Dallas. They absolutely love it here. Like they say it's easier to stay warm when you go outside and do stuff than to try and stay cool.
I love the weather here but the taxes suck!:thumbsup

SSDude
04-04-2007, 07:22 PM

Hey it's only April 4th what can you expect? We are a little below average temp.

"Global warming at work"

nismodave
04-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Summerfest/All other Fests, State Fair, Great Lakes Dragway, Road America, HWY 100, Beautiful Summers, Awesome local parks,The Dells, Door County, Awesome Hunting/Fishing, to name a few things.........Not to mention my Family and great friends.........

All reasons I havent moved out of this State that has miserable winters/cold springs.

subliminal1284
04-04-2007, 08:29 PM
You wanna know hot? Try going through Hurricane charlie and not having ANY Power for a month. It was so hot inside the house at night you couldnt sleep. I took the t-tops off my old car and slept in that.