PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of.....

67-400
04-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Mraz Import Automotive...or something like that off Gateway & Capitol? I had a lead that they do Dyno-tuning to all makes/yrs vehicles so I called them. They do...for $120 hr. They were unable to (Guess)estimate the labor hours. All he said is "Pending the car," I have no guestimations. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on their services. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup

Slow Joe
04-03-2007, 05:45 PM
They do good work! They tuned my dad's 928 with N2O ... :thumbsup And put the Suspension in his '01 911 Turbo :thumbsup They do ALOT of work with high end imports and such, but work on anything...

I know Mike Mraz, he's a good guy! They use to do all the work on my dad's "fleet" :rolf :rolf

If you go in say that Joe and Jeff Reichard say hi...

67-400
04-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Thats encouraging....do you know how long (generally speaking) a dyno tune would take? I surely don't want to get there & expect an invoice for 1 & 1/2 hours but then he says it'll take 5 to complete. Yah, i understand it all depends on the car, but I have NO IDEA about these dyno-tunes & its complexibility.

HP ADDICT
04-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Can your car be flashed or does it require a burned chip?

67-400
04-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Can your car be flashed or does it require a burned chip?

It currently has a burned chip in it from TPIS, a Level IV, but it just needs some adjustments. The Level IV was just a mail order. I guess i'm not sure what you mean by "Flashed" and requiring a burned chip.

subliminal1284
04-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Flashed means able to just plug in a programmer to the ALDL and make changes burn means you have to pull the chip out and burn it on a computer.

Slow Joe
04-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Uhhh it took a while for the 928, but that's 'cause it wasn't running well. I'd think an hour and a half to two. They can normally estimate on it, and if you let them take their time they normally give ya a discount :thumbsup

What I mean is they'll estimate it if you bring the car out to them...

HP ADDICT
04-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Flashed means able to just plug in a programmer to the ALDL and make changes burn means you have to pull the chip out and burn it on a computer.

Exactly this would therefore add some time and some places may not even be able to do that. Most cars are now flashed which is much faster and alot less trial and error so tuning is much faster. Unless they can load a tune off a laptop make real time changes then burn the end result to a chip. I am not to familiar with the chip burning process though.

JC70SS
04-03-2007, 10:58 PM
My good buddy works there. He is the head Porsche mechanic, but is also a bigtime muscle car guy. 01v6stang, you don't by any chance own RPC in G-town do you?

Slow Joe
04-03-2007, 11:00 PM
No Sir... Well, not since the early 90s... We use to own RPC and Reichard Yamaha/Honda (both locations)