PDA

View Full Version : FS: 5.0 motor and trans

Neal Steffek
04-02-2007, 10:20 PM
I am posting this for a friend of mine. It's a motor and trans pulled from his 89 mustang GT complete with trans and full wiring harness. The motor was cently rebuilt, but it was pulled from a 88 gt. Although the exact specs are unknown the previous owner of the motor had it rebuilt 10k miles before it was sold. My friend put another 10k on it, but sadly the mustang was totaled. The motor and trans was going to be used in a sa22c Rx-7 swap but now because of finances and space he needs to part out the whole car.

Last fall the motor was dropped in the Rx-7 using a grannies conversion kit. Oil pan gasket was swapped. Cross hatch marks looked fresh and the pistons are TRW. A new King Cobra clutch and new flywheel were installed and the trans is a smooth shifting t-5 out of a low mileage 88 mustang gt. Clutch and flywheel have zero miles on them.

Motor ran amazing and with 188k miles on the stock 89 mustang suspension it pulled a 14.01 qtr mile with a low 90's trap speed and 2.6 60 foot (sloppy suspension). Lots of potential.

$1000 for them motor and trans together. He would like to sell them as a whole. He is also selling his 79 rx-7 with lots of suspension work, but it is a little rusty.

Please post here or email him at andy.felker@gmail.com if you have any questions. He recently signed up on here but as he is new can not post in the classifieds.